Manual update Issue - Impossible Collections

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Actaeon
Pet Score:5830
Realm:Medivh-us
Manual update Issue - Impossible Collections

Post by Actaeon » September 26th, 2012, 10:00 am

I tried to update my collection manually today and was unable to save. The error message was "Your collection includes pet combinations that are not possible for a single character to collect."

Since my list was never a single character list before (is this the only option now?), I thought this was totally reasonable and that I might have had something in there that was conflicting. Looking it over though, all that I could see were the two moonkin hatchlings. They do actually both show up in my pet journal in game however, as well as in the armory. I realize I can't summon them both on a single faction, but shouldn't the collection be allowed to contain them both?

Also, shouldn't all these single character restrictions just go away completely now that we have account-wide pets? Again, I realize that you can't summon them on all characters, but we still collected them, right? This is more a matter of preference and I accept that some purists might simply want to see the max "summonable" number among all of your characters. But I know that I can collect both an alliance and horde argent squire, so shouldn't I be able to add both to my collection? It seems to me that the whole single character concept should go away now rather than become even more restrictive than it was before account-wide pets existed.

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: Manual update Issue - Impossible Collections

Post by Lysi » September 26th, 2012, 7:46 pm

For the various "number of pet" achievements, I think Blizzard is counting all pets together now.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » September 26th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Yep it's definately annoying and I haven't able to add to my list at all with this "issue" that was totally fine before the revamp. It's not even new stuff that's conflicting, it's the dual faction stuff that I already had in my collection that's now throwing up the red flag :(

Megabucks
Pet Score:13352
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Megabucks » September 27th, 2012, 9:45 am

Mairin wrote:It's not even new stuff that's conflicting, it's the dual faction stuff that I already had in my collection that's now throwing up the red flag :(

Indeed this is my issue here, was trying to figure out what the problem was!

Kiowa
Top Rater
Pet Score:5349
BattleTag®:Towgrunt#1690
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Kiowa » September 27th, 2012, 12:30 pm

I did the manual update today and it seems to have only saved the pets i've excluded :cry:

Actaeon
Pet Score:5830
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Actaeon » September 27th, 2012, 4:02 pm

Megabucks wrote:
Mairin wrote:It's not even new stuff that's conflicting, it's the dual faction stuff that I already had in my collection that's now throwing up the red flag :(

Indeed this is my issue here, was trying to figure out what the problem was!
This is my exact issue as well. The existing collection that I had saved to WCP is not able to be added to. I was only trying to add a few non-special captured pets, so the conflict exists with something that WCP allowed to be added prior to the recent update. I'm pretty sure it's the moonkin.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » September 27th, 2012, 8:14 pm

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » September 28th, 2012, 3:58 am

/cheer

We knew gnomes had to be useful for something ;)