Bubbles the crab pet and 2 others from the Plunderstorm event

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Studmuffyn
Pet Score:13347
Realm:Vek'nilash-us
Bubbles the crab pet and 2 others from the Plunderstorm event

Post by Studmuffyn » March 19th, 2024, 1:51 pm

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en ... understorm

A pvp( sad face) event, battle royale that rewards a few things,chief for this crowd is Bubbles( a crab pet), and fortunately they claim the following: A victory is not required to claim the spoils of a well-fought fight.

It appears the you progress through a renown track, and maybe(?) earn currency to buy the various things along the way.
Last edited by Studmuffyn on March 19th, 2024, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Re: Bubbles the crab pet from the Plunderstorm event

Post by Killerkarl » March 19th, 2024, 6:19 pm

Played 11 matches and not even halfway to level 3, looks like this crap would take way too long to grind out. Highest finish was 8th. More pets that I will never collect.

Studmuffyn

Re: Bubbles the crab pet from the Plunderstorm event

Post by Studmuffyn » March 19th, 2024, 9:27 pm

the pets are renown levels 6,11 and 30

https://www.wowhead.com/news/full-list- ... rds-338132

Happy
Plunderstorm Event - Renown 6

Bubbles
Plunderstorm Event - Renown 11

Glamrok
Plunderstorm Event - Renown 30

Jwb
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Re: Bubbles the crab pet and 2 others from the Plunderstorm event

Post by Jwb » March 20th, 2024, 8:01 am

If you're not interested in the PVP, you can get 300-400 rep per round by landing on the edge of the map and doing the quest that it gives you after you land. The quest is worth 250. Once you complete the quest and grab any Plunder you happen to find along the way, you can run into the storm, unless you want to PVP. You have to die to get the rep reward, but you don't have to stay until all the players are eliminated at the end of the match.

I'd estimate I'm getting one level of reputation per hour. So, that's a pretty long grind. if anyone has any tricks to make it go faster please share.
Last edited by Jwb on March 20th, 2024, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jynx
Pet Score:11675
BattleTag®:TeaTime#11744
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Jynx » March 20th, 2024, 10:13 am

I cannot believe this is what they spent time and resources giving us. If I wanted to play Fortnite, I'd go ask my kid to give me the Switch for a bit.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13920
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » March 20th, 2024, 11:28 am

Here is some information:

The Captain's Quest is a repeatable quest each game. The first completion of the day gives you 800 plunder/rep, subsequent completions grant you 250 plunder/rep. Make sure you get this done each game.

Pick up as much plunder on the ground (piles of gold), they grant you 6-8 plunder/rep per pile.

Follow around the big gold dude, he kills everything around him and will have a TON of plunder piles in his wake.

Avoid people as much as possible and kill mobs, loot chests

Daned
MVP
Pet Score:13914
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Daned » March 20th, 2024, 11:31 am

The event is just painful, and the last pet reward is all the way at 30! I average around 200 per match (because sometimes I get ganked upon arrival). It works out to about 1 rank per hour or 1.5 hours. That works out to apprximately 40 hours (!!!) of this un-fun mess to get pets. I don't have endless play time. That means that over the 6 weeks of this event I need to spend an hour playing it EVERY night, which is a significant chunk of my free time. It also leaves me in a bad mood after doing it.

I'm hoping that we'll get an announcement from Blizzard that they will either:

1: Have a no-PvP-period at the beginning of each match where people can just farm coins
2: Greatly reduce the grind by making rep farming much faster
3: Make the rewards from this available soon on the Trading Post

Trece
Pet Score:13698
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Trece » March 20th, 2024, 12:05 pm

Apparently the pets are not able to be leveled? Just got the goldfish >.<

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13920
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » March 20th, 2024, 12:30 pm

Trece wrote:
March 20th, 2024, 12:05 pm
The first pet is a non-combat pet, the second pet is and can be leveled.

Belles
Top Rater
Realm:Wildhammer-eu

Post by Belles » March 20th, 2024, 1:34 pm

Trece wrote:
March 20th, 2024, 12:05 pm
Just found this out and was most disappointed :(
But agree with above... concentrate on the quests and just grind it out.

Studmuffyn

Post by Studmuffyn » March 20th, 2024, 1:55 pm

where is the guy to talk to to "check your renown" , in the starting area before the pvp?

oh dang, so you if you die you need to stay until the match is over to get any renown? Meaning dont leave the match then and you would get nothing?

edit---- apparently not

from the forums

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... 1810587/15

do you gain more renown if stay until the match finished?

To be clear-- no. You get the same Renown if you leave two seconds after you’ve completed the match as you’d get if you spectate the match to the end.

You can leave if you’re dead (in Solos) or if your squad is dead (in Duos) without penalty.

We think we’ve seen cases where it might take a short time for your Renown to update after your match is over, but that’s being investigated and not considered a bug yet.
Last edited by Studmuffyn on March 20th, 2024, 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Enoch
Realm:Dunemaul-eu

Post by Enoch » March 20th, 2024, 2:02 pm

No, there's a button to let you leave once you're dead. You'll get all your points when you leave, no need to hang around.

Fourthrock
MVP
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Fourthrock » March 20th, 2024, 6:48 pm

Yes, I echo that sentiment that if I wanted to play Fortnite I'd play Fortnite but whatca gonna do? We are pet collectors and there are pets to collect. Each plunder you plunder is rep so that (and the quests if you can) is what you need to do. I try to stay to the edge and get 400 plunder before venturing into the center for maybe more and for certain getting killed. An hour a level seems like a fair average if you can follow this approach but sometimes you just get ganked on landing and there just ain't much you can do about it. Click the big circle next to your mini-map to check you rep just like you would with factions in retail WoW.

March 23, 2024 Update: You may call me "Plunderlord" now, I finished this thing last night, all the way to Reknown 40. My first evening got me to Renown 6, my second to Renown 11 (actually 12, I was on a roll), then I pulled a late late nighter and got to Renown 30 where I swore I was going to stop but didn't and another late late night got me to Renown 40. Just bite your tongue and treat this like a PvE quest except with Warmode On and try to complete it by avoiding contact with others as much as possible. Some people suggest running out of bounds at the end to prevent others from looting your corpse, but they can still run in after you, loot your corpse and make it back to safety if you don't run it far enough. It's kind of a waste of time just for spite's sake. You don't lose anything by having your corpse looted and so if I am going to die I like to run to the big Pieces of Hate NPC and loot a little extra plunder on the ground around it before I get killed.

From a PvP point of view the playing field here is remarkably level. You gain access to the very same spells as everybody else, no one is coming in with any high level gear advantage. Still doesn't make me want to PvP, and I do resent being made fodder or chum in the water so Blizzard can attract more people with who I don't enjoy playing.
Last edited by Fourthrock on March 23rd, 2024, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Studmuffyn

Post by Studmuffyn » March 20th, 2024, 7:33 pm

do you lose any points if a player kills you and takes your stuff?

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » March 20th, 2024, 9:49 pm

Studmuffyn wrote:
March 20th, 2024, 7:33 pm
do you lose any points if a player kills you and takes your stuff?
No. Fastest way is to just grind rep is complete the captain's orders and die either to mobs or another player.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13685
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » March 21st, 2024, 5:14 am

Spent around two hours doing this last night and managed to reach renown 3.

Oooh boy, this is going to be a slog!

Uka
Top Rater
Pet Score:13936
Realm:Borean Tundra-eu

Post by Uka » March 21st, 2024, 8:35 am

I am totally not into PvP, and I had to spent about five hours to get to level six with the first pet.
And it is all too random! Sometimes I die the first one (#60) with 0 reputation, and sometimes my rank is in 20s with 500 of reputation. I had even finished in the second place once, even if I have never ever killed another player.
Homicide should be made illegal :roll:

Daned
MVP
Pet Score:13914
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Daned » March 21st, 2024, 9:59 am

So they hotfixed the rep gain, increasing it by 50%, which helps. But they ALSO gave a big rep gain for PvP kills so now people are more psycho than ever, resulting in people trying for PvP kills upon landing. In a way they made it even harder for people that aren't great at PvP to grind their way through this mess.

I saw a thread on the main forums which was a PvPer complaining that he was trying to gank someone and they ran all the way across the map, wasting his time. As such I think that that's the best method if one doesn't want to fight. Try to complete the captain's mission, but if someone powerful attacks you just run them off the map.

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14016
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » March 21st, 2024, 10:03 am

Here's a tip, when your'e gliding in at the start land on an elite, you get an insta kill with no damage to you which is enough for a level. This will be a looooong grind

Troodon9999
Pet Score:13376
BattleTag®:Troodon#11411
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Troodon9999 » March 23rd, 2024, 1:54 am

I just refuse to participate in this thing on general principle. Hopefully the pets show up in the trading post eventually, If not, I guess I just won't have these ones.