Possible Viscous Horror Dupe?

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Rhaellia
Top Rater
Pet Score:3575
BattleTag®:Rhaebread#1739
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Possible Viscous Horror Dupe?

Post by Rhaellia » April 23rd, 2014, 8:19 am

Not sure if this is the right place.

The main reason I chose to post this here, is cause it's more trade oriented AND cause I can't say if this is happening on EU realms. The other forums aren't region specific. *shrug* I don't know! :O

Today, I was shocked to see a Viscous Horror show up on my realm. I decided to casually check pet listings on horde side as I usually do. I was shocked to see a viscous horror, soul-trader, dragon kite, and the cub. All these pets listed by the same toon. The TCGs pets are 40-45k, very low.

The reason this is rather alarming is simply that horde on my realm is dead, deadier than dead and we're not merged with any other realms yet. This is very, very unusual for my AH. Even the dragon kite and soul-trader are extremely rare to be found on my AH. Viscous Horror has never been on my realm horde side, ever.

Alliance

Horde

Make of it what you will :)

Niteowl1970
Pet Score:11367
Realm:Skywall-us

Re: Possible Viscous Horror Dupe?

Post by Niteowl1970 » April 23rd, 2014, 8:47 am

There could be something going on, there are 4 Ethereal Soul-Traders on my realm, when I rarely see any. 3 of them are owned by the same player who is asking 54k each

Presto
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Presto#1944
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Presto » April 23rd, 2014, 11:19 am

I had these exact same 4 pop up on my Alliance AH on 4/22... one trader... very similar prices. I bought the tiger, kite and EST. I don't know how to tell if they are duped or not. Didn't occur to me. But it's not a regular trader on our AH, so could be.
Presto says, "Let's trade!!" :P (btag: Presto#1944)

Gokugohanpan
Top Rater
Pet Score:9684
BattleTag®:Phoenix#1386
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Gokugohanpan » April 23rd, 2014, 11:31 am

Looking at https://theunderminejournal.com/battlep ... ecies=1244 at the Other US Markets chart, it definitely looks like the dupe has hit the Viscous Horror, and wasn't limited to just tcg pets.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 23rd, 2014, 11:55 am

Huh, I saw the same thing yesterday. Never saw a Viscous Horror on my main AH, yet there it was (would've bought it for trading but I was low on funds). I also noticed the same person had listed a Dragon Kite and EST (like 30-40k). I thought it was someone transferring onto the server in need of funds and I even suggested to some guildmates to consider buying them as investments... I don't think anyone took me up on that though.

Mystical
Pet Score:6048
BattleTag®:Mystical#11881
Realm:Ragnaros-us

Post by Mystical » April 23rd, 2014, 12:26 pm

I check the Undermine J. all the days, and there usually are like 3 or 4 viscous horrors in ALL the AHs, per faction..

And today, there are 33 listed in alliance realms, and 25 in horde realms, almost all of them listed for 110k

I'm really sad about this. The viscous horror was the only pet that we can use for high end trades, and now, is going to be like the spectral cub and other TCG pets .. :S

Terranoch
Top Rater
Pet Score:6026
BattleTag®:Zarach#21291
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu

Post by Terranoch » April 23rd, 2014, 12:34 pm

Gokugohanpan wrote:Looking at https://theunderminejournal.com/battlep ... ecies=1244 at the Other US Markets chart, it definitely looks like the dupe has hit the Viscous Horror, and wasn't limited to just tcg pets.
That pretty much proves it is being duped. It didn't hit EU servers yet, but I don't think it will take long.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » April 23rd, 2014, 1:56 pm

It does rather look like it. I know on Illidan there are usually 4 or 5 of them lately. On Illidan you can get them anywhere form 99k to 150k depending on how many are up at a time. I asked someone who posts VH's on the AH alot. He said his guild runs ToT on 4 raid teams each week, sometimes 5 if they have enough alts geared to do it. They sell the horror to fund their guilds repairs and are stocking up gold for the next xpac, he said it takes them roughly 75 mins to 2 hours depending on the alcohol level of the teams running it. There are guilds on Stormrage and Zul'jin doing the same thing. That may be a part of the reason we're seeing more of them. At the gear level of most raiding guild running ToT up to Primordius isn't hard.

Normally the dupers don't sell on the AH, they bark in trade chat and I haven't seen any barking in trade chat for Viscous Horror sells. I have seen people barking to buy a VH but that's about it. Last night there were 2 up at the 110k price which is still a bit low the average seems to be 125k on Illidan and seeing all those on the undermine for 110k is REALLY REALLY suspicious.

Now there are 2 up on Illidan level 1s for 99k I am sure something odd is going on. Same seller a level 1

2 up on Area 52 now again level 1s same seller a level 2 player

Gokugohanpan
Top Rater
Pet Score:9684
BattleTag®:Phoenix#1386
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Gokugohanpan » April 23rd, 2014, 3:15 pm

Ravnhawk wrote:Normally the dupers don't sell on the AH, they bark in trade chat and I haven't seen any barking in trade chat for Viscous Horror sells. I have seen people barking to buy a VH but that's about it. Last night there were 2 up at the 110k price which is still a bit low the average seems to be 125k on Illidan and seeing all those on the undermine for 110k is REALLY REALLY suspicious.
I think there's more than one group that dupes them, and they don't all sell them the same way. Barking in trade used to be the main way they were sold, although there have been some that have posted on the AH (which has increased more and more recently). Looking at the ethereal soul trader shows a rather clear line at 55k, with 2-4 on almost every single realm, including all the ones with dead auction houses: https://theunderminejournal.com/battlep ... pecies=183

Mojogrow
Pet Score:3210
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Mojogrow » April 23rd, 2014, 3:25 pm

Just my 2 cents, it does seem a bit odd that the EXACT same pets are on horde and alliance by 1 guy (Gilli and Fesh). I can see where you are coming from with this.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12765
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » April 24th, 2014, 7:00 am

I've seen those exact same 4 pets on most of my servers. I was surprised and thought something fishy was going on so I didn't buy any of them.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » April 25th, 2014, 2:03 pm

I also noticed today on several servers the people that LOOK like they are selling duped items usually have alot of special characters in their name making it harder for people to track or report them. Them seem to sell 2 to 3 items of the same pets or mounts you normally see duped and sold in trade. Plus they are also selling multiples of the dupped items. They don't just put up 2 tiger cub but 2 of many of the others as well.

Jeweled Onyx Panther
Spectral Tiger Mounts
X51- Rocket Mounts
Spectral Tiger Cub
Dragon Kite
Soul-Trader
Viscous Horror

Beginning to see Rocket chickens now as well.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » April 25th, 2014, 2:16 pm

The "duped" JC'er mount can't be AH'd can it? Something about the "charge use" that shows up on it usually prohibits them from selling them at the AH (as I understand it anyway).
VH finally showed up on ED's AH for the first time since ToT dropped which is surprising to me. Although I would lean toward more people clearing ToT more often now with gear/OQ. Even with a crappy drop rate that's more people getting more chances. People with multiple Horrors could simply be AH farmers that catch good deals (like the guy I know who caught VH for 5k and 8k) or have enough gold to buyout someone who undercuts them just to keep the price high.

Aoinoteki
Pet Score:12419
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Aoinoteki » April 26th, 2014, 3:33 pm

!$#R%?#! Just checked my server link for The Undermine Journal. The last time a VH was on sale, alliance side? TWO days ago. Before that, it was 10 months ago. It's gone now. I suppose if it were a dupe, then I should be grateful I hadn't snatched it up. However, I am still sad. :(

Sakurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:2429
BattleTag®:eclectish#1444
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Sakurae » April 26th, 2014, 8:35 pm

On my server, there have been 2 Viscous Horrors on the AH, and we haven't seen them in quite some time. One guy was selling multiple TCG pets at a fraction of the price (Soul Traders, Spectral Tiger Cubs, Dragon Kites) - all by one lvl1 that also exists with the same name on 2 other servers. All on the AH and no barking on Trade. Sounds pretty fishy to me.