RIP Fluxfire Feline

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ty
Pet Score:2433
Realm:Madoran-us
RIP Fluxfire Feline

Post by Ty » March 6th, 2013, 10:17 am

Now that they've nerfed Fluxfire Feline I need to find another pet to kick the crap out of Beasts. I've been doing some research and it seems like Robo-Chick might be my next "go-to" pet. Now I have to get my rare to 25.

Which pets are you guys switching to?

Jollyrogered
Pet Score:4262
Realm:Arthas-us

Re: RIP Fluxfire Feline

Post by Jollyrogered » March 6th, 2013, 10:43 am

I've got the Clockwork Robot and even as a green (still no mechanical stone, its getting silly how bad my luck is with this stone) he deals out good damage. I tried the Cogblade Raptor but unfortunately I felt that its low health was limiting, still, it also does good damage it just takes a pummeling. I would like to try anondized bear cub, but I have yet to get a blue of that, or a stone.

Cropher
MVP
Pet Score:7153
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Cropher » March 6th, 2013, 10:59 am

If you want good damage and survivability, I've found Clockwork Gnome works well. He's what I use vs. Fezwick (DMF pet battle) and he hasn't died yet.

Lowbrowdeluxe
Pet Score:5394
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Lowbrowdeluxe » March 6th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Pretty much any of them do fine vs beasts. Fluxfire's big strength (besides the obviously overpowered one) was being one of the few particularly worthwhile double-threats and covering both beast and critter well enough. Most of the other mechanicals with a beast attack have Thrash, and I cannot stand 1 to 3 hit attacks. It's always 1 just when you need it to come through. I've gone back to Darkmoon Tonk for most of my beast-whacking needs. He always got the job done before, still does fine now. Two big hitters and lots of health solves a lot of problems, and I like having an always first attack to finish off the last sliver.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864

Post by Quintessence » March 6th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Nothing stands out to me at the moment, but I'm thinking of playing around with the Personal World Destroyer and Lil' XT. I might also toy around with the new Sunreaver Micro-Sentry.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Emily
Pet Score:2002
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Emily » March 6th, 2013, 7:03 pm

They really over did it with the nerf bat on the fluxfire feline. I do realize the one 3 round combo did a lot of damage, and big numbers are always prone to be nerfed even if they take a while to build up to that big numbe, but wow... it went from being a good glass cannon type pet to use on things like Fezwick to just a vanity pet to follow me around :(

I used the fluxfire feline in a few of pvp battles and didn't think it was too overpowered in that. It took 3 rounds to do the massive damage, and the few times I used it my FF was nearly dead (or dead and had just resurrected) by the time it went off. And of course in some cases it missed.

For leveling I just use my feline familiar since it rips through critters and fully heals itself most of the time doing that. Onyx bite hits beasts hard enough and is great against the occasional flyer too.

Oh well, time to find something else to beat that damned Monkey Fezwick! I'm trying the clockwork gnome tonight after last night's attempt with various combinations took 7 tries, a couple of them I didn't even get a hit off on the monkey and spent the entire time stunned with banana's raining down on me!

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » March 6th, 2013, 7:37 pm

I've been toying around with a few different mech pets. Clockwork gnome is pretty reliable. Darkmoon Tonk is fun. Landros XT is another good one. If your doing the beasts of fable, throw in a tranquil mechanical yeti to add even more damage.

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » March 7th, 2013, 2:22 am

FFF was pretty much the most reliable pet that would guarantee me a win over Darkmoon trainer. That damn cheating monkey just rained its bananas on my pets and my pet wasn't even able to do some damage to it. Very frustrating and buggy fight.

Misthunt3r
Pet Score:2327
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Misthunt3r » March 7th, 2013, 4:35 am

I liked my FF, but still I've always had Robo-Chick with speed build as my daily anti-beast pet.
Clockwork Gnome is good as well except pets with shields reducing dmg - in that case towers that are his biggest strenght suck.
Leveling 4-5 other mechanicals to test them :)

Tunack
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Tunack » March 7th, 2013, 4:51 am

Just took out the dmf monkey with a moth - can't remember which, but I think any 25 rare moth will work. Beast damage on moths, IIRC,is poor. I use clockwork homme for Payne's bear - rocket and metal fist work well.

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » March 7th, 2013, 7:10 am

Thanks. I never thought about moths in the context of DMF trainer. I should try using moth against the monkey.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » March 7th, 2013, 8:18 am

Misthunt3r wrote:I liked my FF, but still I've always had Robo-Chick with speed build as my daily anti-beast pet.
Clockwork Gnome is good as well except pets with shields reducing dmg - in that case towers that are his biggest strenght suck.
Leveling 4-5 other mechanicals to test them :)
Why not switch out the turret? The rocket is pretty strong.

As far as the DM trainer goes, clockwork gnome can take out the first 2 pets pretty well with ability set 2,1,1. After the second turret, heal to full. Use carry pet then a moth to take out monkey.

Arji
MVP
Pet Score:11812
BattleTag®:Arji#2548
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Arji » March 7th, 2013, 12:43 pm

I hear ya.
I am so annoyed with Fezwick at them moment. My poor Flux, she did so teach him his place ..
Trying some of your tipps here.

Sorely miss my little FF.
°° Swiss (-German) °° @Home on Lothar (EU) Horde [German] and
Silvermoon (EU) Alliance [English] (EU warcraftpets Guild)

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 7th, 2013, 12:53 pm

I do also miss my FFF. It was quite reliable for PVE tamers. I haven't found a good use for him at all in PvE now. I also have gone back to using my Clockwork Gnome. Shields and such do such but then I'll use my tonk.

I'll level a couple other mechs to find one that I can use but I'm pretty sure I'll stick with My CWG.

Gonna look at Clock'em now that I have him. He looks fun.

Fantasma
Pet Score:10189
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Fantasma » March 7th, 2013, 4:19 pm

WTB Battle Pet Transmog! :lol:

I love the way this pet looks, but alas it will likely be retired from my team.

Wish
Pet Score:3194

Post by Wish » March 7th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Goodbye, my little angel~ :(

Mintoes
Pet Score:3610
BattleTag®:Nornric#1598
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Mintoes » March 7th, 2013, 5:42 pm

A great way to take care of the Darkmoon Monkey is start with a Cockroach and do the Apocalypse. I tried this to level a cockroach and it worked out great keep him in for one round an use the Apocalypse and then switch him out to Lil Ragnaros for Honky-Tonk and Spawn of Onyxia for Judgement. Usually the Apocalypse will land just after the monkey comes in. Just remember to switch back to your Cockroach before it hits. lol

Since Honky-Tonk has weak attack and defense against elemental and Lil Ragnaros has three mechanical attacks he is a push over.

Judgement has a weaker defense from Dragonkin and with Spawn of Onyxia's heals it is pretty easy.

I am sure you can find another model with similar abilities if you don't have those two.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » March 7th, 2013, 5:53 pm

For mechs in general I mostly use the Darkmoon Tonk and Darkmoon Zeppelin.

For the DMF tamer specifically, I use a team of Mechanical Pandaren Draongling, Fel Flame and Darkmoon Tonk. The MPD kills the eye with Breath and usually gets a couple hits on the trainer's tonk. Fel Flame finishes off the tonk and can usually get some damage on the monkey. My tonk then makes short work of the monkey. I'm too frustrated by this tamer to try and find a two-pet kill team to try and get a lowbie some xp.

Against the earth spirit tamer I use the bunny/anodized robo cub combo.
Image Image

Tunack
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Tunack » March 7th, 2013, 7:12 pm

There are many ways to beat trainers. I'm still getting used to this new resilience add, which would help vs dm monkey - but - does it help if your tactic is to swap? I can't recall for sure but I think the resilience buff is on the pet, not on the frontline spot.

So the buff would go to the back on a swap, leaving new pet exposed to a stun. I gotta go back to the game & study this.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » March 8th, 2013, 7:45 am

Tunack wrote:There are many ways to beat trainers. I'm still getting used to this new resilience add, which would help vs dm monkey - but - does it help if your tactic is to swap? I can't recall for sure but I think the resilience buff is on the pet, not on the frontline spot.

So the buff would go to the back on a swap, leaving new pet exposed to a stun. I gotta go back to the game & study this.
The buff is on the pet itself and only lasts 2 turns so doesn't actually help on Tamers, except Thundering I suppose if you're not using a rabbit or snail on the elemental.
Image Image