[ability]Haunt[/ability] is an exception as it’s an interesting effect added on top of swapping . It let you not only switch your pet but also adds damage, avoidance and AE protection to it. I would love if more spells would be added that combine swapping with an effect.
[ability]Lift-Off[/ability] could be changed to work in a similar way. You cast Lift-Off and your pet flies up high. But instead of “landing” next round it would show you the pet selection like haunt does. You can now select a different pet as active pet and your bird is waiting in the air and being protected from all AE that isn’t an “air effect” ([ability]Cyclone[/ability], [ability]Arcane Storm[/ability]). Whenever you select your bird as primary pet it will enter the front row by landing and doing it’s damage.
[ability]Burrow[/ability] could be changed in the same way. The pet would burrow under the ground and could stay there. It would be protected from AE but underground AE like [ability]Quake[/ability].
I would also love to see some “on swap” effects.
- Whenever this pet becomes the active pet its damage is increase by 50% for the next turn.
- Whenever this pet becomes the active pet all damage is avoided for this round, but the pet is rooted for 4 turns.
- Whenever this pet is backlined it applies a shield to every pet (or your new active pet).
- This pet can attack in the round it became the active pet but it’s damage is decreased by 50% for the next round.
- While on the back row, all damage done to this pet is redirected to the attacker.