Wgy would I pay for a pet I can get for free?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Aggramar-us
Wgy would I pay for a pet I can get for free?

Post by Harpooha » October 3rd, 2023, 11:39 pm

While I appreciate Blizzard's honesty, why would I buy a pet from the cash shop when I know it will end up at the trading post?

It just doesn't make sense

Troodon9999
Pet Score:13376
BattleTag®:Troodon#11411
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Re: Wgy would I pay for a pet I can get for free?

Post by Troodon9999 » October 4th, 2023, 7:57 am

If you want it sooner, I suppose. If I wasn't so close to hitting 1600 I probably would have waited.

Uka
Top Rater
Pet Score:13936
Realm:Borean Tundra-eu

Post by Uka » October 4th, 2023, 10:43 am

Who knows when it will end up at the trading post? Maybe after many months or even several years.

Suigin27
Pet Score:12097
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Suigin27 » October 4th, 2023, 1:40 pm

Personally, I’m hoping it takes years before it hits the trading post. I’d love for Blizz to keep adding stuff I’m otherwise not able to obtain. It would be fantastic if they added the ones that are exclusive to Asian countries, or anniversary pets, etc. pretty much anything not available in game right now.
More TCG pets wouldn’t be unwelcome either.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » October 7th, 2023, 12:21 am

True I could've saved ten dollars 14 years ago on a Lil' K.T. But have happily had him in my collection since then.

Shadowdreamer
Pet Score:9792
Realm:Executus-us

Post by Shadowdreamer » October 7th, 2023, 2:36 pm

I mean they didn't give a date for it, so it could be added next month, December 2023, or October 2026.

It's basically up to you if you want to wait or if you can spare the $.

Darkartist
MVP
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Darkartist » October 8th, 2023, 7:30 am

With trader tender available each month much lower than all of the available collectibles, I can see where someone who missed an item or several items, looking for any way to avoid the "will they/won't they" dilemma of waiting to see if amissed item will come back ever.

Some are collecting pets, toys, mounts, and transmog, which makes that 1000 tender per month, with 3000 tender in available items annoying.

Troodon9999
Pet Score:13376
BattleTag®:Troodon#11411
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Troodon9999 » October 10th, 2023, 5:15 am

I can't buy everything I want IRL in a month either; that's just an unavoidable fact of life. Have to decide what your priorities are. Ultimately World of Warcraft is a game based on resource management (like almost every MMO in existence; it's how they keep people playing a subscription-based game) and it's not possible to get everything all at once. I can understand that's annoying sometimes, but if you could get everything you ever wanted in a single day, what reason is there to keep playing after that? They never promised you could get everything that shows up in the trading post every month, in fact they made it quite clear from the beginning that's not possible, but that everything you don't get will probably show up again eventually. It's an incentive to keep subscribed and it's working exactly as intended. If you're the kind of person that just has to have 100% of all the things, all I can say is, you'll have to be patient, but unless you just starting playing WoW today you should be used to that by now. This is not me defending Blizzard; I don't own stock in the company. This is just me accepting reality for what it is. Don't like it, nobody's forcing you to play.

In the end for Lil' Maggs it's $10 now or wait to get it for free at some indefinite point in the future. I don't think $10 is an unreasonable amount of money to get it now, but ultimately the choice is yours. I don't know how much $10 is for you or whether you think it's worth it. But as to the answer of "why would I pay for a pet I can get for free?": if you want it now instead of later.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11106
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » October 11th, 2023, 9:32 pm

But it does make sense, a lot actually. Lots of people would rather use their tenders on stuff they can't get elsewhere. Some of the outfits and pets being offered in the shop first gives people an option. No one's forcing you to buy anything, you won't miss out on getting it for free later. I'm glad to have the option--especially since the mounts in the TP are always 700+ tenders, I've had to forego a lot of things I wanted because I didn't have enough tenders.

Darkartist
MVP
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Darkartist » October 12th, 2023, 12:41 pm

It is a highly personal decision. It's likely not an issue for someone who collects only pets, since so far, I think the pet offerings have been mostly 1 per month, with only one month of 2 pets in my recollection.