RAF pets green?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
RAF pets green?

Post by Tekulve2012 » April 28th, 2014, 8:14 am

Hey guys... I wondered if this was a glitch. I got my first RAF pet...took the Jade Tiger. I was surprised and not so happy that it was uncommon upon delivery. Its bad enough that to have the 4 RAF pets will cost upwards of 200$ US but now I have to have 4 upgrade stones on hand too ?!?

I have the stones (since I've been working at leveling my entire stable) ..but I'd think it would be only fair to receive a rare version of a pet that is costing me more than I paid for Murkalot or any store pet!

I wondered if anyone actually submitted a ticket to get their pet upgraded for the sheer principle of the thing?

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Re: RAF pets green?

Post by Graven » April 28th, 2014, 2:29 pm

I agree it does seem stingy, considering how much real $ they cost to obtain compared to the other buyables. I highly doubt any GM is going to give you a free upgrade though - if they did yours, they would surely have to do everyone's.

Post by Guest » May 1st, 2014, 2:47 am

$200? Wait for a sale?!

I'm EU based but my last 3 RAF pets cost me no more than £15 each (£60 / 4). $101.00 for all 4

On Topic: RAF pets are green quality. If you're serious enough to collect all 4, then you will be serious enough to do Pet Dailies until you have so many spare stones you can build a house with them! (I still have loads of spares kicking around somewhere).

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » May 2nd, 2014, 1:50 am

Haevlyn wrote:If you're serious enough to collect all 4, then you will be serious enough to do Pet Dailies.
I believe that's too big of an assumtion. There's a lot of people out there that likes collecting but not interested in pet battles at all.
I have 576 pets, but still haven't done the tournament for this reason. Also I have a pretty low Rare percentage because of the lack of stones.

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » May 2nd, 2014, 2:05 am

If I were to invest into enough qualifying RAF set ups right now to get all of the pets (which I need), it would run me $200.00 (not considering the current sale).

Game*4 = $80.00
Game Time *8 = $120.00
Total = $200.00

Yeah I could save a few bucks during the same right now w/ the $10 battle chests, bringing the total down to $160.00 - but that's still painful!

I agree that these pets should have rare quality when earned considering they cost $50.00 each.
@TamerWakamaru

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » May 2nd, 2014, 5:47 am

Avalee wrote:
Haevlyn wrote:If you're serious enough to collect all 4, then you will be serious enough to do Pet Dailies.
I believe that's too big of an assumtion. There's a lot of people out there that likes collecting but not interested in pet battles at all.
I have 576 pets, but still haven't done the tournament for this reason. Also I have a pretty low Rare percentage because of the lack of stones.

If you are not pet battling, doing the dailies, or the CT then what does it matter if they are green?
Rare only matters if you are battling and if you are like the poster you quoted then you will have enough stones to make them rare.
If just a collector it won't matter.

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 3rd, 2014, 4:20 pm

Hiya all
I do the pet dailies and have all my pets at rare... I have about 75 extra stones at the moment but my whole point is that its stinky to have to spend 4 of my stones on pets that I'm putting out big bucks for. All that I can figure is that Blizzard assumes that we want to 'learn' the pets...if there was an achieve for it I'd say sure but otherwise I see it as having to use 4 of my hard earned upgrade stones...thus I'm a tad miffed...nothing serious.

I know this is also the case for many event and in game pets ...but could you imagine paying 5X a Blizzstore pet and then receiving it as uncommon! Not ideal.

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Se5s » May 3rd, 2014, 4:56 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:Hiya all
I do the pet dailies and have all my pets at rare... I have about 75 extra stones at the moment but my whole point is that its stinky to have to spend 4 of my stones on pets that I'm putting out big bucks for. All that I can figure is that Blizzard assumes that we want to 'learn' the pets...if there was an achieve for it I'd say sure but otherwise I see it as having to use 4 of my hard earned upgrade stones...thus I'm a tad miffed...nothing serious.

I know this is also the case for many event and in game pets ...but could you imagine paying 5X a Blizzstore pet and then receiving it as uncommon! Not ideal.
i think it's because the way you're supposed to get RAF loot is to ask a friend to play. in which case you hardly did anything but supply an email address and your account name to someone, while that someone spent all the money. most people with RAF pets are in that category while the few hardcore collectors who only buy extra accounts and spend the time and money involved to simply say they have every pet in the game is in a way cheating the system. you simply don't deserve to get a rare quality pet because you have a proclivity to having every pet in wow and are willing to indulge that desire by spending $200. however if you are a pet battler then you have nothing to complain about since you now have a pet that you wanted for a specific team, perhaps, and you *should* have stones laying around. but, what about the great pets that i can't collect because i don't have the mind when i have the time or i don't have the time when i have the mind to farm 10's of thousands of gold to buy them from the AH? nor do i have the schedule to farm raids simply for pets. it would be nice for bliz to put a wild pet or a quested pet into the game that has all the same stats and abilities as the pets in the raid. this way the people who raid can have the pet with the status "I RAIDED AND AM THEREFORE AWESOME!" and the battlers can have a pet to use that has all the same battling benefits. /end rant. sorry for ranting.

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » May 4th, 2014, 12:56 am

Se5s wrote:

i think it's because the way you're supposed to get RAF loot is to ask a friend to play. in which case you hardly did anything but supply an email address and your account name to someone, while that someone spent all the money. most people with RAF pets are in that category while the few hardcore collectors who only buy extra accounts and spend the time and money involved to simply say they have every pet in the game is in a way cheating the system. you simply don't deserve to get a rare quality pet because you have a proclivity to having every pet in wow and are willing to indulge that desire by spending $200. however if you are a pet battler then you have nothing to complain about since you now have a pet that you wanted for a specific team, perhaps, and you *should* have stones laying around. but, what about the great pets that i can't collect because i don't have the mind when i have the time or i don't have the time when i have the mind to farm 10's of thousands of gold to buy them from the AH? nor do i have the schedule to farm raids simply for pets. it would be nice for bliz to put a wild pet or a quested pet into the game that has all the same stats and abilities as the pets in the raid. this way the people who raid can have the pet with the status "I RAIDED AND AM THEREFORE AWESOME!" and the battlers can have a pet to use that has all the same battling benefits. /end rant. sorry for ranting.

If you don't want to spend the time collecting the pets thru raids or farming the gold to buy them, then they really are t a priority for you.
This is a side game and it demands time and effort to get what ya want.
If one couldn't be bothered to invest the time needed to get these pets then this isn't for you.
One gets out of this game what one puts into it.
If one hasn't figured out by now that to get "extras" like this in this game it takes some work then I don't know what to tell you .
Either the time and money is worth it or not after all these are just digital pixils we ourselves put the value into them.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » May 4th, 2014, 3:09 am

Digem wrote:If you are not pet battling, doing the dailies, or the CT then what does it matter if they are green?
Rare only matters if you are battling and if you are like the poster you quoted then you will have enough stones to make them rare.
I had to have rares to get my 250 wins. Took me about a year to get so thank god that's over. I recently traded a Horror for stones to upgrade pets to rare specifically for the Tournament. So collectors really do need rares.

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » May 4th, 2014, 2:34 pm

Avalee wrote:
Digem wrote:If you are not pet battling, doing the dailies, or the CT then what does it matter if they are green?
I had to have rares to get my 250 wins. Took me about a year to get so thank god that's over. I recently traded a Horror for stones to upgrade pets to rare specifically for the Tournament. So collectors really do need rares.

But you are battling and doing the CT, so you aren't just a collector.
If you do the pet dailies daily you will get all the stones you need.
But, if you just a collector and don't do anything with them but collect it doesn't matter if not rare.

Post by Guest » May 6th, 2014, 8:12 am

To be honest, be grateful you can even get these pets. They used to be China/Korean only.

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 6th, 2014, 8:35 am

I am grateful, I had the pets off my collecting list until they came up as RAF pets. I waited to picked them up a # of months but I like the Jade Tiger particularly. I may try one of the pigs on a pet pvp team since uncanny luck might be useful vs accuracy debuff comps (though i know that move exists on other pets)

This thread merely tries to point out that 50$ is a lot for an uncommon version of a pet. I feel like if I pay that much money to Blizzard then "chuck me a bone" :roll: and make it a rare (blue stats) pet

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » May 6th, 2014, 2:41 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:I am grateful, I had the pets off my collecting list until they came up as RAF pets. I waited to picked them up a # of months but I like the Jade Tiger particularly. I may try one of the pigs on a pet pvp team since uncanny luck might be useful vs accuracy debuff comps (though i know that move exists on other pets)

This thread merely tries to point out that 50$ is a lot for an uncommon version of a pet. I feel like if I pay that much money to Blizzard then "chuck me a bone" :roll: and make it a rare (blue stats) pet

Yes 40 to 50 dollars per pet and not rare does stink.
But it isn't suppose to cost you a thing, heck actually one is suppose to get some free game time too, technically you are just referring a friend get coin for pet or mount and free month game time .
Yes, blizz knows a avid collector will just make new accounts to get pets and it mounts.
Technically still one is just referring a friend.
So free month and pet or mount pretty good deal.
And avid collector will have the stones anyway so not big deal.
Yeah it could be rare but blizz is giving us chance at pets we couldn't get anyway so I was fine with it.