New Trainer, New Pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Re: New Trainer, New Pet

Post by Peanutty » December 15th, 2016, 3:46 pm

I was carrying a mid level pet in some of my battles, 16-20ish, due to the Cyclone and the fact that it might need to take a hit. I don't have a set strat for this, it's not a hard battle. My general set up is: Nexus Whelpling (Arcane Storm, Mana Surge, Tail Sweep if it's still alive), swap in carry if I'm doing so, then Stormborne Whelpling (finish with more Mana Surge!)

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » December 16th, 2016, 5:43 am

Hawg wrote:my 2 pet strategy starts like the strategy listed above, except for the second pet i use darkmoon zeplin. when your 1st pet dies switch to zepplin, use decoy then rocket until her last bird is at 620hp or less, then use the explode talent. your carry pet gets the exp.

yuo need to make sure that her last pet is not going to use her heal or take-off ability on the same turn you explode, pass if that is the case.

this strategy works 4 out of 5 times, ocassionally rng gets the best of you though.

your carry pet will need about 500-600 hp to be sure to survive the tornados.

with the safari hat on i am getting about 2800exp iirc, compare to about 4800 for pandera or wod trainers. so not great but not terrible. ive been doing it every day for about a month now with no luck on the albino buzzard. ive had 3 class specific quality upgrade tokens drop (all for classes where all my pets were already rare quality though).

sorry for the lack of detail and poor writing, im responding to this via my phone and am going off memory. if its not clear enough, pm me and ill fix it when i get home :)
Ohh I was wrong about this, here is what I am actually using:

Nether Faerie Dragon (2,2,1)
Darkmoon Zeppelin (1,2,2)
Carry pet (level 8 or higher)

Nether Faerie Starts with moonfire, followed by arcane blast until first enemy pet is dead.

Second enemy pet comes in, use life exchange followed by arcane blast until your Nether Faerie Dragon is dead.

Bring in Zeppelin, use missile until the 2nd enemy pet is dead. Then use decoy followed by missile until the 3rd enemy pet is less than 620hp then use explode (pass if the 3rd enemy pet is either going to heal or fly-up on the next round, then use missile again until less than 620hp and explode).

I've experimented with a lot of other combinations and this is the most consistent team I've found given the large amount of RNG in this fight. It is an interesting fight because the enemy pets dont seem to follow a specific priority order for their casts, so occasionally with crits this strategy can fail, but most of the time it works great.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 16th, 2016, 4:09 pm

I actually had to stop NFD from attacking, otherwise she'd kill the last pet aswell. :mrgreen:
I wonder if the variety of the breeds matters, I've used an H/P -- perhaps an S/S would be the other peak to check.

But just for myself, thanks once more. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » December 25th, 2016, 7:53 am

Jerebear wrote:
Kamira wrote:
Quintessence wrote:My level 3 pet gained 6 levels from Crysa's battle. Not sure where that puts this encounter in terms of pet experience, but seems ok?
Odd. My level 17 pet started the fight, swapped first round and survived the whole ordeal. Yet it did not get any experience.
You cannot swap in the first round. To gain experience, a pet has to be active at the end of at least one round. You can swap in any other round, because choosing a pet after one dies is considered finishing a round and that counts.
That seems low for some reason. Ashlei is better than that, by almost twice, although I usually only do 10 or 11's with her, and take them to 16 or 17 and on occasion a bit more if I don't forget the hat. But 6 levels from Level 3 seems really small.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 26th, 2016, 12:30 am

Uduwudu wrote:
That seems low for some reason. Ashlei is better than that, by almost twice, although I usually only do 10 or 11's with her, and take them to 16 or 17 and on occasion a bit more if I don't forget the hat. But 6 levels from Level 3 seems really small.
Ashlei gives exactly twice as much EXP as Crysa actually! Tamer bonus of 6.0x vs 3.0x. Also the number of levels you get from doing a battle is very dependent on the level of the carry pet. level 10 and 11's will receive the most EXP while both level 1 and 24's will get very low exp (comparatively)
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829