Well that didn't take long...

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us
Re: Well that didn't take long...

Post by Faelar » July 8th, 2014, 9:19 pm

On a side note, I'm really sad underminejournal is looking like it will be shutting down. That sit was one of the main tools I used over the years but it was really great at helping me catch these pet dupe waves.

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » July 8th, 2014, 11:10 pm

Is it really? I use it on a regular basis for all sorts of things. Really bummed to hear that!
@TamerWakamaru

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 9th, 2014, 2:28 am

yeah read the messages at the front of undermine, sad days

Shinii
Top Rater
Pet Score:5470
BattleTag®:Shini#1888
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Shinii » July 9th, 2014, 11:54 am

I was able to buy 3 tuskar kites for 32k each a few days ago. sold the extra to a friend at cost but i was happy to find this deal even though i bet they are dupped.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » July 10th, 2014, 2:01 am

Faelar wrote:yeah read the messages at the front of undermine, sad days
oh wow, that was a really handy tool :(

Fluffybunz
Top Rater
Pet Score:2551
BattleTag®:Fluffybunz#1816
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Fluffybunz » July 10th, 2014, 3:29 am

[url]http://www.wowuction.com[/url] is an alternative to The Undermine Journal. However, it will never compare to how great The Undermine Journal was.

Arshadi
Pet Score:4464
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Arshadi » July 10th, 2014, 8:37 am

Fluffybunz wrote:[url]http://www.wowuction.com[/url] is an alternative to The Undermine Journal. However, it will never compare to how great The Undermine Journal was.
Wowuction's data is not consistent. I play the AH seriously and don't find it very helpful; it looks to me like the site just isn't getting focused attention from the person(s) maintaining it. I am praying to the gaming gods that TUJ's creator can eventually find a resolution to his problems; the site did shut down for a bit in 2010 and was able to come back. So I am hoping for a small miracle this time =P.

Re: duped pets. The one thing that has worn me down the most, and brought me to the edge of real bitterness over this issue, is Blizzard's continued insistence that duping isn't real and that all of those pets come from scammed accounts. I've never been a tinfoil hat conspiracy type, and never been a Blizzard hater, but I just don't believe this and I don't understand why they are so inflexible in their stance. It makes me feel like there's no hope of seeing the issue resolved.

I get annoyed with/disgusted with all the players who claim to be against account theft and duping, but who immediately turn around and BUY those pets (thus encouraging further thefts and dupes) because their desire for the pet overrides their supposed ethics. I really enjoyed trading high-end pets, but now I feel that the majority of people trying to trade are basically dealing in stolen goods. It's just yanked all of the fun out of those transactions. I guess I am just ranting at this point; I'd rather try to offer solutions, but I just am not seeing any.

Mystical
Pet Score:6048
BattleTag®:Mystical#11881
Realm:Ragnaros-us

Post by Mystical » July 10th, 2014, 12:02 pm

I don't know if you noticed, but now they are even more duped tuskarr kites. Now you can find those cheaper than before :( 30-32k .. I was happy because I thought that Blizz did something in the last couple of days against the dupers, but now they are everywhere again..

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 10th, 2014, 1:25 pm

I see where you are coming from Arshadi in regards to people buying the duped pets and using them in trades, but the problem is when I do a trade and someone is trading me one of the pets I believe to be duped there is little I can do about it. There is no way to tell if what I am getting is legit and at the same time I want to do trades and have some fun haggling so they aren't trades I'd want to pass on because someone else will just gladly come in and do the trade.

There is no good solution to this, Blizzard if they ever manage to plug the hole where these pets are coming from won't do anything about the flood of pets already in the game so we are stuck with them as 'legit' as any of the others at this point. Taking a stance to refuse to touch these pets is also nearly useless as there are plenty of people who will take these pets and not care one bit. Also plenty of people out there have no idea this is going on as well and just do trades/buying pets like nothing is going on.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 10th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Mystical, yeah that is what tends to happen, you'll see a flood of these pets hit and then nothing for a couple days or a week or two and then bam, all of them are back and sometimes even cheaper than they were the previous time. It is a tactic designed to annoy and get people with tons of gold to buy more of them in hopes that they were the last wave of them.

We have no idea how many of these pets they have sitting around in reserve of if they just made more of them when they ran out and decided enough time has passed and put them up. Either way, it sucks.

Nremi
Pet Score:2585
BattleTag®:Nremi#1563
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Nremi » July 11th, 2014, 3:13 pm

Not sure if it's been said or not but I found 2 robot chickens on my server listen for 35k each.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 11th, 2014, 3:43 pm

Yeah rocket chickens flooded around last week or so on many realms in the 30k range. I'm also hearing in the last few days some more of these have popped up though I've not seen them on my realm. Since underminejournal no longer works I've not checked any realms personally to see if it is still going on.

Matricide
Pet Score:3960
BattleTag®:Matricide#1149
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Matricide » July 12th, 2014, 11:30 am

Ended up caving and picking up a rocket chicken for 24k. seeing shouts STC for 18k. trend continues..

Rhondine
Top Rater
Pet Score:2945

Post by Rhondine » July 12th, 2014, 11:55 am

**update**
20k bananas, 25k STC, 30k dragon kite, 35k Soul trader, 43k VH (only 1 by a non lv.1 might be just a despo seller) and 250k swift spectral tiger on FM

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 12th, 2014, 1:35 pm

Yeah blizz calls them exploited pets but does jack crap to remove them.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458

Post by Simmias » July 12th, 2014, 11:27 pm

they can't, so we cant expect them to do anything.

Guess ppl will be getting really cheap stuff from now on.

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Angelwings626 » July 13th, 2014, 12:56 am

I think they probably can't fix it because they can't figure out how.

I don't really know if this is how this works, but I know that some of you guys are a lot more computer programmer savvy, so your insight would be greatly appreciated.

If people are creating these "duped" pets by using cracked pet codes, it might be super hard to find out which is real and which is not.

From what I understand, the codes to create these pets come from some code generator of sorts. So if they can create a new generator, they can make additional codes..... I THINK.

SO, how do you differentiate from all the codes actually made and "sealed" or "coated" on cards, than ones made by the generator.

I don't know if blizzard made a master list of codes and then checks off each code as it is redeemed. They probably never did. They probably never thought THIS was going to be an issue.

Real codes on TCG cards are almost never exposed until they are about to be redeemed...... As far as they know, if people are redeeming codes, it's coming from some random card that is floating out there in the world....

I THINK.

Fluffybunz
Top Rater
Pet Score:2551
BattleTag®:Fluffybunz#1816
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Fluffybunz » July 13th, 2014, 1:53 am

I'm not exactly 100% sure how they do it. However, I know your little theory is incorrect Angelwings626. They use the guild/normal transfer services to dupe the pets/weapon enchants and a few other things. That I'm 100% sure of. I believe blizzard denies that "duping" is a thing because they are fully aware that the exploiters are using their services to do just that. It wouldn't be very wise for Blizzard to acknowledge the issue because they make quite a bit of money from their server transfer services.