Glimmer of Satisfaction

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Carnitas
Pet Score:12842
Realm:Turalyon-us
Glimmer of Satisfaction

Post by Carnitas » March 10th, 2022, 9:48 pm

I and a another pet collecting friend have eaten abt 10 of the Hedonist feasts in the new raid (normal difficulty) after killing the first trash mob. Neither of us have gotten the glimmer. So our imagination is running wild on maybe some hidden requirement that Blizz slipped in so that only raiders would get the glimmer. Are there any of you that have just popped into the raid without a group and obv without killing much trash or bosses that have gotten the glimmer? Could you describe what you did?
Thanks!

Update... 2 wowhead posts claim the glimmer drops on getting food buff from Stone Soup or Hedonistic Feast in Zerith Mortis... NOT in the raid. So pet collectors... put a feast down by Haven Inn and toon hop with friends for chance at Glimmer of Satisfaction!

To close the loop... The glimmer did drop for me just as I got the food buff from Hedonistic Feast in the Inn on the raid side of the zone. I was toon hopping (7) to get as many food buffs as I could from one feast but the toon that dropped the feast and ate first got the glimmer. It was about the 25th unique feast and about the 92nd food buff. I had 15 minutes or more between feasts.
Last edited by Carnitas on March 13th, 2022, 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zipper
Pet Score:12695
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Re: Glimmer of Satisfaction

Post by Zipper » March 13th, 2022, 8:59 am

I can confirm that those Wowhead posts are correct, and you don't need to be in the actual raid as I got one after joining a group to kill Hirukon. Pretty sure it was the Feast of Gluttonous Hedonism that someone had put down.

Dauntles
Pet Score:11604
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Dauntles » March 30th, 2022, 9:02 am

I put out a stone soup pot in ZM there were only 4 of us and one person got the glimmer. I am going to make a glimmer group each day; kinda like a mote farming group and hope it catches on so we can all share the expense and benefits.

Petemoss
Pet Score:13235
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Petemoss » April 1st, 2022, 8:51 am

Hi I just made a stack of feasts used 1 every day for about a week and received the Glimmer without going near a raid, its just luck ,you have a chance every time you use feast of glutinous hedonism wherever you are ! Good luck

Zandjil
MVP
Pet Score:13944
BattleTag®:Zandjil#2216
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Zandjil » April 1st, 2022, 2:39 pm

It definitely drops in the raid too, as I've been setting down over 100 feasts and soups and seen many others get it. I've yet to be lucky enough to get the item myself though. But at least we have some good buffs for the raid-nights haha

Ping1492
Pet Score:11792
Realm:Winterhoof-us

Post by Ping1492 » April 7th, 2022, 9:53 pm

i dropped over 40 feasts and waited 15 minutes between dropping another one. in and out of the raid. i have had no luck at all with one popping in my bag. this glimmer of satisfaction is a myth :)

Monekop
Top Rater
Pet Score:13652
BattleTag®:MonekopSilk#2526
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Monekop » April 13th, 2022, 4:27 am

You can try and get a glimmer every 15mins. There is a "secret cooldown". What I recommend is to make a group, put down a feast and cycle through all your characters. The Stone soup lasts a lot longer and is cheaper to make.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » April 20th, 2022, 9:00 pm

So I've been dropping empty pots in Haven, activating it then eating till buff. I then switch to the alts same faction 11 of them and eat until buff again.

The question I have is, the 15 minute timer is that in game? For example the food buff has 59 mins left even though its an hour later; maybe I have to log into each alt, wait 15 mins each then drop a new pot?

I've had zero luck

Update: did I a huge batch of cauldrons, 12 tries each 16minutes, still nothing. The glimmer may be an illusion lol.

Update #2: Finally got one! It seems that the 15 minute timer only ticks down while in game, so I waited for each alt's food buff to get to 44 or less and then parked at Haven for the next feast. Currently using the dailies in the sands area to farm Domination Keys, easy way to get rings, trinkets and a neck for alts, so something to do for those 15 mins.

Update #3: Can confirm the 15 minute wait on each toon was worth it, got the 2nd one life is good all done with Shadowlands.

Zookeeper
Top Rater
Pet Score:13600
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Zookeeper » August 26th, 2022, 9:37 am

Ate 10 Hedonistic Feasts in Haven with no luck...Ate one Kettle Feast in Haven and got a Glimmer of Satisfaction...It makes me wonder if the Kettle is a better choice...will update if I find out..Good luck all!