Dal - pet from World Quest

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Aggramar-us
Dal - pet from World Quest

Post by Harpooha » December 31st, 2020, 8:12 pm

There was a WQ up today called A Stolen Stone Fiend. I did not know there was a pet associated with this - Dal

After completing the quest I did a few other things. Realized there was a pet involved and went back to see if I could get it. I did get the cage key, but it doesn't open any of the cages. I wonder if it times out or is it just bugged. I see that some people have it. I may just have to wait until it's up again.

Sparkwul
MVP
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Garona-us

Re: Dal - pet from World Quest

Post by Sparkwul » December 31st, 2020, 9:35 pm

He is bugged. I have done this quest 3 times and have never been able to open the cage. Blizzard is aware that its screwed up and they dont seem to care. I tried realm hopping, war mode, going into an instance... ect...I get the gear on the cage but nothing happens. So your not alone, and its annoying.

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » January 1st, 2021, 4:29 am

I spoke to a GM about this and they told me that it is a "high" priority to fix. They thought it would be fixed in the next few weeks but that was only a guess on their behalf.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13920
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » January 6th, 2021, 10:01 pm

I have been able to get 2x Dal's (so its repeatable), and generally its bugged (it bugged for me more times than not), however, when the WQ first pops I have always been the first to complete it and received the pet each time I did.

For others, once you complete the quest, run to the back of the building next to the final mob you kill, talk to the npc (he'll give you a key), and open the cage.

Pikafido
MVP
Pet Score:13640
BattleTag®:Pikafido#2789
Realm:Aerie Peak-eu

Post by Pikafido » January 23rd, 2021, 7:46 am

Quest A Stolen Stone Fiend is up as of 13.00 European realms.
For me not bugged anymore.

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » January 24th, 2021, 10:35 am

After nearly a month, this was up again. I still had the key from the last time I did the quest. Went straight to the cage and opened it up with no problem. I didn't even have to run the quest (it was at the end of a long day).

So keep the key if it bugs out on you again.