Bugged Pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lovelikeheroine
Pet Score:3425
Realm:Executus-us
Bugged Pet

Post by Lovelikeheroine » September 1st, 2018, 9:25 am

So... I've never posted here before, but I don't know where else to ask this. I managed to randomly find a pet that is named wrong; it has the wrong model and I don't believe the model is actually found anywhere else. It has the abilities that the other pet has! It seems to have taken on the appearance of a nearby animal. I thought nothing of it and thought it was just adorable, tamed the ones in the area... and then realized there were no more. They were bugged. I killed the pets in the area for about an hour and they never respawned as the bugged animal. I logged in and out; they stayed. I'm worried that if I advertise what it is it will be hotfixed; will they change it back if they find it out? It really is cute...

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Re: Bugged Pet

Post by GormanGhaste » September 1st, 2018, 12:59 pm

Sounds like they were critters that were polymorphed by a mage.
Mingyao on Madoran

Lovelikeheroine

Post by Lovelikeheroine » September 1st, 2018, 2:35 pm

That's what I thought at first, but does that mean that anything mages can polymorph we can tame and the pet will retain the abilities and looks?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » September 1st, 2018, 7:19 pm

Yes, Polymorph and Capture is a fun feature. Also a Shaman's Hex, if you like that :)

Does your pet look like a sheep? a cat?

Lovelikeheroine

Post by Lovelikeheroine » September 1st, 2018, 9:15 pm

It looks like a pig, but ... not any of the pigs that I've seen before unless there is a new polymorph pig model? I mean... he looks rough. Like hit by a car rough. The Drustvar pig is cute; this one has been better days (but I still think he's cute).