Searching for an alliance server

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Chuckthulu
Pet Score:4494
BattleTag®:Chuckthulu#1881
Realm:Velen-us
Searching for an alliance server

Post by Chuckthulu » August 20th, 2013, 12:27 pm

Hey guys, I want to finally start an alliance toon. I want to see all the story lines I've been missing all these years.
I would like to choose a server with a decent(doesn't have to be amazing) pet trading/selling/AH community. Would like a busier server that would bring more opportunities. I have been sloggin through the Undermine Journal, but all the numbers are starting to run together. Anyone have any suggestions? Wouldn't hurt if there were some fun people on the server, the game being about the fun and all :)

Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Searching for an alliance server

Post by Skyquake » August 20th, 2013, 5:56 pm

I like Aerie Peak Alliance. It's busy, but never full. There's always a high-end TCG pet or three on the AH, and many pages of listings for more common ones. As far as downsides go, it feels pretty casual, so raiding slots for bleeding-edge content may be hard to come by if that's your thing, and our Horde population is tiny. I'll make sure you have decent bags and mounts, and I'll buy cageable pets at fair prices even if I don't need them if you want some capital to invest. I don't really play, so I don't know how much fun I'd be, but I have a general idea of which guilds are reputable, etc.

Any reason you're not just rolling on some huge Day One server with the occasional queue, or on a server with a reputation for, shall we say, character, like Emerald Dream, Moonguard, or Proudmore? If I were leaving AP, that's what I would do. But you're most welcome here- cheers!

Chuckthulu
Pet Score:4494
BattleTag®:Chuckthulu#1881
Realm:Velen-us

Post by Chuckthulu » August 21st, 2013, 11:43 am

I am coming from a smallish server, and really just want to move up a step or two. Not necessarily The Big City, maybe a large town instead hehe. I think I will try out Aerie Peak though, at least get someone to an ah for a few days and get the lay of the land. Thanks for your help Sky! :)

Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Skyquake » August 21st, 2013, 12:53 pm

Sounds like AP meets your criteria. I'm usually on for a couple of hours starting 7:30-8:00 PM CST. Let me know if you want a ride to SW or whatever. Hope it works out for you- cheers!

Bikethief
Pet Score:445
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bikethief » October 3rd, 2013, 6:10 pm

I know this is a 2 month old post, but if you're unhappy with your choice or haven't yet made the move, Stormrage is a very high pop PVE server and has a pretty good community/economy. The downfall is that there is a wait to log in during peak times that can take up to 45 minutes, but there are always tons of people on at any given time of day.
Bikethief - 90 Nelf Moonkin // Stormrage-US