Current best pet carry strat for leveling a lot?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Wilykat
Pet Score:12206
Realm:Ravenholdt-us
Current best pet carry strat for leveling a lot?

Post by Wilykat » December 26th, 2020, 9:44 am

This week is a good time for me to try and get some of the hundreds pet I have up to 25 but I need a good carry strats. I've been using Robert Craig in Stormheim to level up (Pet Bombling and S/S Zandalari Kneebiter). With Safari hat and this week's pet xp bonus, I can get any pet from 1 to 25 in just 2 battles. But I need a lot of bandages to heal my pets in between 10 minutes heal pet CD. So I was wondering if you knew of a level 1 carry strat that is a bit closer to a stable master for 10s healing.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Re: Current best pet carry strat for leveling a lot?

Post by Rioriel » December 26th, 2020, 3:18 pm

If I’ve got a handful to level, I usually wait until Snail Fight is up in Highmountain. Xu-Fu can solo it, carrying two levelling that take 0 damage, and he often heals back to 90% health. Only need to bandage every 4/5th fight. Absolutely brilliant. Just slap the hat on, apply the sausages, and grind it out for an hour.

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » December 26th, 2020, 7:16 pm

I will always say that the best option is to post several alts at tamers.

Stone Cold Trixxy, Lydia Accoste, Obalis, Major Payne and Bloodknight Antari all drop bags that can contain upgrade stones. Pretty useful at the start of an expansion (unless they are Dragon stones). Same thing with the Pandaren tamers. Also Crysa in Northern Barrens and Environeer Bert in Gnomer. The bags will probably drop some bandages too.

This way you can battle until you run out of bandages, log into some alts to continue and go back to your main guy after a few battles. They all have carry strats, so you are still leveling pets. Obviously doesn't work if you don't have many alts. But this gives a reason to create some.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 31st, 2020, 2:36 pm

Rioriel wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 3:18 pm
If I’ve got a handful to level, I usually wait until Snail Fight is up in Highmountain. Xu-Fu can solo it, carrying two levelling that take 0 damage, and he often heals back to 90% health. Only need to bandage every 4/5th fight. Absolutely brilliant. Just slap the hat on, apply the sausages, and grind it out for an hour.
I also like the snail fight. I like the faster strat instead of the Xu-fu one (I use the Unholy Ascension + P/P Baby Ape strat), but I have a billion bandages, so I am willing to trade those out for faster levelling times. It's hard to beat, though the Xu-fu strat isn't very far behind it, so that is still a really solid option, especially if you don't have a lot of bandages. I used to be Robert Craig all the way, but snail fight is now my favorite.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829