Defeating Sunflower, Blossoming Ancient and Teroclaw

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Regnever
Pet Score:2679
Realm:Chamber of Aspects-eu
Defeating Sunflower, Blossoming Ancient and Teroclaw

Post by Regnever » August 8th, 2017, 6:53 am

Use 3 x Bleakwater Jellyfish with Grasp, Raindance and Squeeze.

Grasp has no cd and prevents the 2 elementals from swapping out, like ever :-)

Squeeze applies a 50% speed debuff to Teroclaw. If Teroclaw uses Natures Ward and goes into elemental racial status all abilities from the Jelly do increased damage, as they already do against blossoming and sunflower.

If Teroclaw evades your first squeeze attempt swap in a fresh Jelly. Raindance for heal and crit on the first turn and then squeeze him again, if he swaps out then simply nuke the elemental :-)

If an elemental enters the battle at any time with a Jelly it stays trapped until dead with the no cool down on grasp.

I simply destroyed this team with my Jellies to the point they would run when they saw me.

You can also use 2 Jellies with a PP Emperor with surge, healing wave and whirlpool (use emperor to surge Teroclaw below 50% then Bleakwater Jelly is faster as PS), or if you want some challenge, 1 jelly, 1 emperor and 1 ghostshell with surge, bubble and whirlpool.

Anyway, great to finally see the end of this super annoying and time wasting team!!!

I hope this post meets with you forum guidelines :-)

Subpsychosis, CoA.

Minet
Top Rater
Pet Score:9371
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Defeating Sunflower, Blossoming Ancient and Teroclaw

Post by Minet » August 8th, 2017, 1:14 pm

I never thought about the utility of abilities like grasp against a sunny day team. I am gonna have to look closer at bleakwater jelly. Thanks for the tips!

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: Defeating Sunflower, Blossoming Ancient and Teroclaw

Post by Rosqo » August 8th, 2017, 4:22 pm

Nice work.

It's always frustrating when someone decides to play sunny day teams so its helpful for people to highlight useful strategies against them.

I agree sunlight/photosynthesis are time wasting teams especially as it's such a basic tactic to play.