There are total of six new grand master tamers to be fought. Like before, they can be used to level up your lowbie pets, but they are also part of the new [url=http://wod.wowhead.com/achievement=9069]An Awfully Big Adventure[/url] achievement where you need to beat pretty much every tamer while having the new Tailoring-pet, [url=http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=82464]Elekk Plushie[/url], in your team. The fun part of this pet is that is has huuuuge HP pool but not a single ability which deals damage making it basically a punching bag with four legs.
Anyhow, I've written a step-by-step instructions how to beat the following Draenor pet tamers using only two level 25 pets (links point to my comment for the respective tamer in Wowhead):
- [url=http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=87124#comments:id=2008943]Ashlei[/url] (Shadowmoon Valley)
- [url=http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=83837#comments:id=2008991]Cymre Brightblade[/url] (Gorgrond)
- [url=http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=87122#comments:id=2010330]Gargra[/url] (Frostfire Ridge)
- [url=http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=87125#comments:id=2009009]Taralune[/url] (Talador)
- [url=http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=87110#comments:id=2009032]Tarr the Terrible[/url] (Nagrand)
- [url=http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=87123#comments:id=2010378]Vesharr[/url] (Spires of Arak)
And some comments/notes from the fights:
- None of my tactics require some super-rare pet (like Blizz Store or TCG pets); some battles require certain pet breed though but that's it.
- Most of the teams also work if you are carrying a lowbie pet for leveling purposes, though in some cases they might need to soak a hit or two. Cymre is the exception as she is the hardest of the tamers to two-pet and I haven't been able to find a way to win her while having a lowbie in my team.
- I tried to minimize the RNG-factor in the fights, but Lady Luck can sometimes still mess your plans - especially against Vesharr.
- My tactics might not be the most fastest or optimized ones, but they do their job nevertheless.
- I linked my Wowhead comments so I only have to maintain them on one site.
- Most importantly, I am keeping the comments to up to date with beta builds to make sure they are working. I might not check them on every build, but I will test them ~weekly.