Pet Collecting Questions

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Pet Collecting Questions

Post by Guest » March 18th, 2024, 11:36 pm

I would like to have something to do during my downtime from grinding for gear and I decided on pet collection, but I have a few questions:

Is collecting pets easy or difficult? Is there a certain grind to it?

I would like to battle, but also sell pets. Is selling pets on the AH lucrative?

What all should I do in order to get started on the right track (such as addons)?

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Aggramar-us

Re: Pet Collecting Questions

Post by Harpooha » March 19th, 2024, 3:13 am

Guest wrote:
March 18th, 2024, 11:36 pm
Is collecting pets easy or difficult? Is there a certain grind to it?
It's both. Some pets are really easy. Some are notoriously difficult. There is a grind to collecting all the wild pets, because they are spread all over and some are very rare. Pets from other sources run the gamut from being too easy to get or mind-numbingly hard to get.
Guest wrote:
I would like to battle, but also sell pets. Is selling pets on the AH lucrative?
Will you make millions off it? Probably not. Can you make some money off Absolutely. But not a ton. Some pets list for a lot on the AH, but there's no telling if they actually sell for that price. But they are also rare drops, so it's a bit like winning the lottery.
Guest wrote:
What all should I do in order to get started on the right track (such as addons)?
First thing to do is to grab the introductory quest in SW/Org. It's a good way to start. It's also a good idea to have the Menagerie up and running in your garrison.

As far as addons go, I use Rematch, Pet Tracker, Battle Pet Breed ID and Battle Pet Daily Tamer

You should also look through the guides on the forum here