Pet collecting help

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Antoniokatz
Pet collecting help

Post by Antoniokatz » February 23rd, 2024, 6:36 am

Hey all, I'm trying to get into pet collecting, and I have Pet Tracker addon from Curseforge to keep track of what I still need. The problem is despite it being turned on in tracker when viewing the map, only the tamers show up. For example, where I am at right now should be the Alpine Foxling pet since it is "Winter" time. In my journal of quests, it shows I have 0 / 14 pets in the area.

Is there a better Addon to use? I also use Zygor and Pet Battle Scripts/Rematch to track things.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Pet collecting help

Post by Gráinne » February 23rd, 2024, 8:07 pm

I think the problem with Pet Tracker is most likely the settings on the map.

In the top right of your map there should be a circle with a magnifying glass "Map Filter".

When you click on that, at the bottom, you should see "Species", "Rivals", and "Stables" as the last three options.

Tick the box beside "Species" and see if that solves it.

Now about "Alpine Foxling". That comes from Kun-Lai Summit, and doesn't require Winter. Are you thinking of Arctic Fox Kit? That comes from the Storm Peaks, and doesn't require Winter, but requires the weather to be Snowing (which it seemingly never does when you're looking for an Arctic Fox Kit :P )

Whiond

Post by Whiond » February 26th, 2024, 3:48 am

While Pet Tracker is a popular addon, there are alternative options you can explore. One popular addon for pet collecting is "Collect Me." It provides a comprehensive overview of available pets, their locations, and their collection progress. It's worth giving it a try to see if it better suits your needs.

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » February 26th, 2024, 10:15 am

What works for me with Pet Tracker is to type "Missing" in your map prompt. That shows all the pets you haven't collected. Otherwise, the map gets mighty crowded

Snazzylaveer

Post by Snazzylaveer » February 28th, 2024, 8:52 pm

Rematch: While primarily known for its pet battle team management features, Rematch also includes a "Discover" tab that can show you which pets you're missing in each zone. It may offer a different interface for tracking pets compared to Pet Tracker.
Battle Pet BreedID: This addon specializes in providing information about pet breeds and stats. While it may not directly address your issue with tracking pets on the map, it can be a valuable tool for pet enthusiasts who want to optimize their pet battle teams.
PetJournal Enhanced: This addon enhances the default Pet Journal interface in various ways, including additional filtering options and sorting capabilities. While it doesn't focus specifically on map tracking, it may offer improvements in managing your collection.

Darkartist
MVP
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Darkartist » February 29th, 2024, 5:31 pm

Antoniokatz wrote:
February 23rd, 2024, 6:36 am
Hey all, I'm trying to get into pet collecting, and I have Pet Tracker addon from Curseforge to keep track of what I still need. The problem is despite it being turned on in tracker when viewing the map, only the tamers show up. For example, where I am at right now should be the Alpine Foxling pet since it is "Winter" time. In my journal of quests, it shows I have 0 / 14 pets in the area.

Is there a better Addon to use? I also use Zygor and Pet Battle Scripts/Rematch to track things.

Welcome to the pet-collecting aspect of the game.
I wish you luck in acquiring all of them.