Farming Pet Charms

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Aur
Pet Score:9797
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us
Farming Pet Charms

Post by Aur » January 24th, 2024, 10:54 pm

I am wanting to farm up the charms for the Flawless Baubleworm, and not sure what the most efficient method is currently. In SL, I had all my alts running missions, but I never see pet missions any more. Is this method still viable? I tested on a few toons, and my leveled table had ZERO pet missions, my lower tables had a few but maybe once a month. I read posts that others are still farming SL missions, but I can't seem to replicate it. It seems heavily nerfed.
I also camp Dal on all my alts for the easy WQ, and hit WQ's when they are up in DF on my main.
Are WQ's the best way now? If, so which ones are the best for cycling alts through? Flying around to every WQ seems like it would take too much time.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Prairiehamster
Pet Score:11542
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Farming Pet Charms

Post by Prairiehamster » January 25th, 2024, 3:53 am

What I've been doing is the Legion/BFA/DF* battles to get my charms. Now that they've changed ALL the charms to shiny charms, Legion is a very valid way of getting more of them.

So yes! My answer is worldquests are a great way to do it!

*I have not done any SL content really. Can't speak to it.

Darkartist
MVP
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Darkartist » January 25th, 2024, 6:04 am

WQ across a ton of alts got me there. I leveled several (maybe 6) from 60 to 70 just on Pet Battle World Quests

Lexylexicon
Pet Score:6736
BattleTag®:Lexicon#11277
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Lexylexicon » January 25th, 2024, 5:52 pm

Aur wrote:
January 24th, 2024, 10:54 pm
Are WQ's the best way now?
Yes, they are. There just aren't enough coming out of mission tables right now to really make it worth your while, imo.
If, so which ones are the best for cycling alts through? Flying around to every WQ seems like it would take too much time.
Dynamic Flying is one of the greatest gifts we've ever gotten to farming up charms. It's quite simple to jet across a continent in about five minutes, excluding DF (because its huge) and SL (because you need to take a FP between each zone).

The daily DF WQs can all be done in about 10-15 minutes, give or take a few minutes depending on how close the WQs are to one another. Starting in Valdrakken, I do Thaldraszus > Waking Shores > Ohn'hran Plains > Azure Span > Waygate to Forbidden Reach (the Waygate on top of Cobalt Assemby is the closest to all the AZS WQs. On the reset days I'll add in Zaralek in between OHP and AZS.

I recommend following, or at least visiting, DragonsAfterDark's Twitter (DragonsADark) everyday to see what's up on any given day. She posts daily reports for NA and EU realms showing what opportunities are available for pet tamers. From there you can strategize whether or not doing certain WQs in Legion-SL are worth committing time to.

In addition, keep in mind the following:
  • DF Paragon Chests give you 15-20 charms per chest. Don't go out of the way to get them, but don't forget to collect them either. (I haven't checked Legion-SL yet)
  • Little Scales Daycare usually gives you about ~5-10 charms a day, and their quests take no time to do.
  • WoD Circuit gives 12 charms guaranteed (and its pretty good for leveling pets too). This doesn't take long at all now with Dynamic Flying.
  • Tanaan Dailies give 15-30 charms, per day
Between WQs and Dailies, I've seen the number of charms available fluctuate between 150-200 charms per day, per character.

So, I hope this helps. Happy hunting!

Aur
Pet Score:9797
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Aur » January 27th, 2024, 4:52 pm

Thank you all for your suggestions, and especially @lexilexicon for your detailed reply!

Looks like I will be planning out which WQs I want to farm. I will probably focus on DF and Legion as I am very burnt out on the WoD circuit after doing it every day for years to level pets.

I will also be following DragonsAfterDark's posts now. What a great resource!