Been gone since about halfway through Shadowlands and trying to catch up on collecting. Any good places to start?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
NeverFinal
Pet Score:11897
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us
Been gone since about halfway through Shadowlands and trying to catch up on collecting. Any good places to start?

Post by NeverFinal » November 18th, 2023, 4:55 pm

Been trying to get the elemental pets that you zap from elites into cages but i have so many i need to catch up on and im lost on where to start or the best way to go about doing it. Any suggestions.

Also are there any new pets (new since i played) that i can no longer get that i should add to my excluded.

Much appreciated. Good hunting.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Been gone since about halfway through Shadowlands and trying to catch up on collecting. Any good places to start?

Post by Gráinne » November 20th, 2023, 8:01 am

First, pay a visit to https://magpie.wow-petguide.com where you can get a list of pets you can buy. Many will be expensive, but some may be cheap and save you some time.

Do the Lubbins questline at the Little Scales Daycare in Valdrakken.

Plan on getting to Zereth Mortis at the end of Sahadowlands and farming a vast quantity of Genesis Motes from the mobs there, as well as the recipes and Lattices for Protoform Synthesis. All the Protoform Synthesis pets will be available on the AH, but they tend to the expensive.

There are a bunch of Shadowlands Rares you might plan on farming for pets, which will be easily farmable solo at 70, and a bunch of Dragonflight ones as well, which will not be.

Nearly all of the wild pets in both SL and DF and are easy. Some may take a bit of camping, but none are too bad. The ratio of wild pets to drop pets is not healthy, tho. Wait till you start farming Golden Eye, with a 1 in 500 drop rate. :(