15 years it has taken me to finally get this pet! Spirit of Competition on Trader Post this month

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Whatever
Pet Score:12150
Realm:Emerald Dream-us
15 years it has taken me to finally get this pet! Spirit of Competition on Trader Post this month

Post by Whatever » August 1st, 2023, 11:18 am

Spirit of Competition was available during summer of 2008 and it never dropped for me. Supposedly there was a 1 in 8 chance of getting it in the mail but sometimes RNG can suck badly. I think I did about 100 tries and nada.

Checked the trader post today, what do I see? Spirit of Competition! For the next 31 days you got time to buy this pet before it becomes unavailable again.

Rickstaman05
MVP
Pet Score:12800
BattleTag®:pukanini#1597
Realm:Illidan-us

Re: 15 years it has taken me to finally get this pet! Spirit of Competition on Trader Post this month

Post by Rickstaman05 » August 1st, 2023, 2:52 pm

Now for the Tiny Green Dragon and Tiny Red Dragon! I'm glad I got The Spirit back in the day. Congrats!

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Re: 15 years it has taken me to finally get this pet! Spirit of Competition on Trader Post this month

Post by Digem » August 2nd, 2023, 2:48 pm

Whatever wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 11:18 am

Spirit of Competition was available during summer of 2008 and it never dropped for me. Supposedly there was a 1 in 8 chance of getting it in the mail but sometimes RNG can suck badly. I think I did about 100 tries and nada.

Checked the trader post today, what do I see? Spirit of Competition! For the next 31 days you got time to buy this pet before it becomes unavailable again.
me too i tried in 2008 and failed . i kept hoping it would come back as it said every 4 years but it never did till now

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » August 9th, 2023, 7:19 pm

I refused to do any kind of PvP back in 2008, so naturally I didn't get it..

It was rumored it would be a pet that would be available at every olympic, so I looked for it in the winter of 2010, summer of 2012 etc etc, but was sorely disappointed, when it never reappeared..

I was on vacation from 31/7 to 7/8 this years, but the first thing I did when I logged in at 8/8 when I got home, was to go to Orgrimmar as fast as possible and bought this baby... It's now MINE FOREVER!!!

Shadowdreamer
Pet Score:9792
Realm:Executus-us

Post by Shadowdreamer » August 28th, 2023, 7:31 pm

Tell me about it!

I was annoyed for years because I actually *did* get the pet fair & square when the event was happening but it was one of many that I deleted for space (y'know, back then space was actually pretty scarce especially if you didn't have a lot of gold and had a bunch of collectables like I did) my rationale was that they said pets obtained through quests and what not would all be reclaimable and I thought even if there was a mistake, at least the event would be coming back in 2012...

For some reason when we got the collection tab my Spirit of Competition was NOT there. I sent in tickets and showed that I had achievements which proved I was (a) active back then, (b) doing PvP back then, and (c) had some PvP achievements that were clearly gotten from winning matches and none of them could help me. I was super annoyed.

Luckily, they finally made it available again.

Lornaa
Top Rater
Pet Score:13864
BattleTag®:Rhadeyaz#2207
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Lornaa » August 29th, 2023, 7:35 am

As I was never doing PVP, I never knew about this until collections came in and I saw it on the "wanted" tab on here. I'm sooooo glad we've got it :D

Lukinator1
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Lukinator1 » September 9th, 2023, 6:57 pm

it was actually available in wow classic TBC during the olympics, I felt the same and thought they would never make it available again but they ended up doing that, i think they also made the drop guaranteed after one bg instead of a 1/8 chance

Studmuffyn
Pet Score:13347
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Studmuffyn » September 18th, 2023, 6:45 pm

Im feeling Murky may come at some point *crosses fingers