Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Pet Pack for Ukraine giveaway

Post by Quintessence » July 31st, 2023, 12:11 pm

**CLOSED**
Check #contests in Discord to see the winners! If one of the randomly selected winners, please follow the directions to receive your reward.
-------------------
We'll be doing a giveaway for the Pet Pack in the WarcraftPets Discord server.

When: July 31, 2023 to August 4, 2023
Where: WarcraftPets Discord server (contests section)
How: 2(two) randomly selected Pet Pack for Ukraine winners for each region (Americas and EU)

Due to the limitations of gifting the Pet Pack for Ukraine (can only be gifted directly through Bnet Shop), and Blizzard policy for gifting Bnet digital goods (can only gift to Bnet friends, must be Bnet friends for at least 3 days), Winners must be able to provide the WarcraftPets staff awarding the Pet Pack with their BattleTag, and temporarily add said WarcraftPets staff to their Bnet friends list. BattleTags will not be shared or made public.

The Pet Pack will be gifted to the winners once the grace period (~3 days) for Bnet friends is up. Winners unwilling or unable to temporarily friend WarcraftPets staff on Bnet will forfeit the prize and another winner will be randomly selected.

More information on Blizzard's gifting policy can be found here.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Uka
Top Rater
Pet Score:13936
Realm:Borean Tundra-eu

Re: Pet Pack for Ukraine giveaway

Post by Uka » August 2nd, 2023, 9:49 am

Thanks for the giveaway!
It is very nice to see that Blizzard is helping Ukraine in the time of this war, too!

However, I thought it would be more logical if they would just give us players from Ukraine those two pets for free :lol:
As it is somewhat strange for us to donate money to some fund to help our country through Blizzard if we could do it in a more direct way, so to say.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 3rd, 2023, 5:48 am

Hi,

Kinda disappointed at this moment .... and I feel cheated. Friend bought me the pet pack, and I only got one pet (no Flurky!!!), and comments and bug reports are not getting any responses. Based on the opening screen at the Battle.Net, this falls into false advertising!

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » August 3rd, 2023, 6:08 am

Uduwudu wrote:
August 3rd, 2023, 5:48 am
Hi,

Kinda disappointed at this moment .... and I feel cheated. Friend bought me the pet pack, and I only got one pet (no Flurky!!!), and comments and bug reports are not getting any responses. Based on the opening screen at the Battle.Net, this falls into false advertising!
I wouldn't exactly call it "false advertising", the description on the bundle page in the Bnet Shop states which pet is for which version of WoW.

"Pet Pack for Ukraine includes two pets: Sunny for World of Warcraft® and Flurky for Wrath of the Lich King Classic™..."

It is pretty silly to restrict a pet to Classic WoW, though. If anything, Blizzard should have made both pets usable in Retail, while making Flurky also usable in Classic IMO.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 4th, 2023, 10:10 am

Hi,

I have several characters in WOTLK ... and can not locate the Pet Battle anything now for some reason. I remember that I also gave up on WOTLK because of the Battle Pets ... none of my characters there has a note stating that a pet is available.

I do believe this is false information, otherwise I would see it quickly, just like in Retail!

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » August 4th, 2023, 4:40 pm

Uduwudu wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 10:10 am
Hi,

I have several characters in WOTLK ... and can not locate the Pet Battle anything now for some reason. I remember that I also gave up on WOTLK because of the Battle Pets ... none of my characters there has a note stating that a pet is available.

I do believe this is false information, otherwise I would see it quickly, just like in Retail!
Pet Battles is not available in WotLK Classic, only companion (non-combat) pets. Pet Battles was originally added in Mists of Pandaria, so if Classic ever progresses into that expansion we might see it then.