How to trade or acquire pets that were missed when I stopped playing, IF POSSIBLE

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Bullar
MVP
Pet Score:13456
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us
How to trade or acquire pets that were missed when I stopped playing, IF POSSIBLE

Post by Bullar » June 29th, 2023, 8:43 am

Hello all, I stopped playing WOW for about 4 years and I missed some pets that are now excluded from my list. Is there some way to still get those pets? Like Molten Corgi and Blizzcon pets? I looked around and could not find anything on the forums, maybe I did not look hard enough, so I am asking for some help here. I just scored a Spectral Tiger Cub in Auction House for 350K gold! I am super happy about that, but will need to build my funds again on that server... :lol:

Murkalot BlizzCon 2013
Grommloc BlizzCon 2014
Murkidan BlizzCon 2015
Knight-Captain Murky BlizzCon 2016
Legionnaire Murky BlizzCon 2016
Fetish Shaman Diablo III Collector's
Treasure Goblin Diablo III Reaper of Souls
Baby Winston Overwatch Collector's
Jade Tiger Recruit a Friend
Rikki Recruit a Friend
Volatile Self-Driving Toolbox Recruit a Friend
Zipao Tiger Recruit a Friend
Zeradar StarCraft II Collector's
Molten Corgi WOW's 10th Anniversary
Last edited by Bullar on August 14th, 2023, 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: How to trade or acquire pets that were missed when I stopped playing, IF POSSIBLE

Post by Gráinne » June 29th, 2023, 9:25 am

Welcome back!

The new feature Trading Post may possibly provide you with some of the missing and unobtainable pets.

Trading Post is a place in Stormwind and Orgrimmar where you can buy a pet each month, a mount each month, and some transmog items for "Trader Tender", which you earn by doing pretty trivial tasks throughout the month. You can get it all done in a few hours, or you can just earn it naturally over the course of the month as you play.

Basically, it's a bonus for keeping a subscription.

Here is Blizzard's announcement: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en ... ading-post
and here is July's preview: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en ... ading-post

As you see, the Spectral Tiger Cub will be coming to the Trading Post in July, which is why Spectral Tiger Cub prices have fallen. However, pets bought from the Trading Post cannot be caged and re-sold, so cage your own first if you are going to get one from the TP; it should still hold some value for re-sale after July.

Blizzard have said that rewards from the TP will be repeated, but nobody knows when, so anybody who wants one may still want to buy.

Other unobtainable pets like Molten Corgi may appear. We don't know, until they are announced.

Apart from the TP, I don't think there are any other sources of these unobtainables. The Black Market Auction House does offer some unobtainable transmogs and mounts, but the only pets I know it deals with are the Argent Tournament pets.

Bullar
MVP
Pet Score:13456
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Re: How to trade or acquire pets that were missed when I stopped playing, IF POSSIBLE

Post by Bullar » June 29th, 2023, 9:50 am

Thank you for the reply. I actually did not know that the Spectral Tiger was going to be available in the TP. I am not so happy anymore that I spent the 350K. Darn... :cry:

Darkartist
MVP
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Darkartist » June 29th, 2023, 12:53 pm

The Molten Corgi has been available for purchase in the past during the anniversary event. It is possible we may see it again at a future event and/or other anniversary pets. Def keep an eye out here for news. As collectors, I think you will see news like this shared here well in time to act.

Shadowdreamer
Pet Score:9792
Realm:Executus-us

Post by Shadowdreamer » September 28th, 2023, 8:27 pm

Bullar wrote:
June 29th, 2023, 8:43 am
Zipao Tiger Recruit a Friend

I hope you have Amazon Prime because this one is available now :shock:

Troodon9999
Pet Score:13376
BattleTag®:Troodon#11411
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Troodon9999 » October 4th, 2023, 8:03 am

One old pet I saw on the BMAH was Lil' Nefarian, originally from the 15th anniversary event, and otherwise unobtainable if you didn't log in for that one. So it's worth checking the BMAH from time to time.

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14016
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » October 9th, 2023, 10:34 pm

I've had great experiences with wowtcgloot.com for items I missed out on.

Escalus
Top Rater
Pet Score:13405
BattleTag®:ArcZothael#1570
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Escalus » November 7th, 2023, 4:38 pm

Mastr wrote:
October 9th, 2023, 10:34 pm
I've had great experiences with wowtcgloot.com for items I missed out on.
Also the site is against EULA agreement and you can get perma banned if they find out

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 7th, 2023, 8:32 pm

While section of the EULA do you believe it violates?

The EULA forbids trading in-game goods and services for real money, but traging physical cards, with their codes, for money is not forbidden.