Any hints why new Baa'lial pet often untradeable ?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us
Any hints why new Baa'lial pet often untradeable ?

Post by Ranok » May 28th, 2023, 2:52 pm

Lots of complaints about not being able to give an extra Baa'lial to others who've just gone through the same Treasure Goblin battle. Says they aren't eligible even if they're same server or grouped with you.

Last 3 people I've tried to give my extra pet to have something in common, they don't have the Baa'l pet. And for them, new pet Baa'lial doesn't even show up in their pet journal as uncollected. Is Baa'l a pre-req?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Any hints why new Baa'lial pet often untradeable ?

Post by Quintessence » May 28th, 2023, 3:00 pm

That sounds like a bug to me. There shouldn't be any prerequisite, as far as I know.

I've had trouble trading it when it was between factions (couldn't trade Baa'lial to a horde toon as alliance, even if grouped together).

The only other time I had issue trading was once in SW (doubt the location was the issue). Couldn't find a reason why a bunch of people just kept getting errors when attempting to trade it to them, I didn't ask if they had Baa'l though. That's something I'll keep in mind if I run into the error again.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com