Share pet collecting news and advice.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Rares in Zaralek Cavern

Post by FuxieDK » May 14th, 2023, 10:04 am

Hi,

I have never ever seen a Lithengale, Scarlepod, Deepridger or Ebonwing Moth.

Is it a viable strategy to simply kill Rock martins, Cobbleshells, Slabwings and Hollow Moths, without using Pet Battle, to force them out?
Or do I need to pet battle them, in order to have a chance of a rare spawn next?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Rares in Zaralek Cavern

Post by Quintessence » May 14th, 2023, 3:25 pm

Either strategy works imo.

Killing wild pets with player spells is faster, but you could be killing a rare pet (either front or backline) without knowing it.

Defeating them in a Pet Battle allows you to see the qualities but it's a lot slower. You can just defeat just the first pet, forfeit, and the entire team will disappear.

It's *always* recommended to kill critter versions to "free up" spawn points.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » May 14th, 2023, 3:46 pm

Quintessence wrote:
May 14th, 2023, 3:25 pm
Either strategy works imo.

Killing wild pets with player spells is faster, but you could be killing a rare pet (either front or backline) without knowing it.

Defeating them in a Pet Battle allows you to see the qualities but it's a lot slower. You can just defeat just the first pet, forfeit, and the entire team will disappear.

It's *always* recommended to kill critter versions to "free up" spawn points.
The pets I mentioned, doesn't exist in backline, according to wowhead.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 14th, 2023, 4:08 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
May 14th, 2023, 3:46 pm
The pets I mentioned, doesn't exist in backline, according to wowhead.
I meant quality of backline pets in general, not necessarily the rarespawn ones. Such as if you're looking for a specific rare one, or if you're saving rare wild pets for other people. If you're unconcerned about those things, then kill the wild pets and critters with normal player attacks/spells, it's faster ^^;
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » May 16th, 2023, 10:27 am

Hi,

Of these listed I was only missing the Deepridger ... which I have gotten using the strategy mentioned. It took me about a whole round and a half of the area, and I killed them all including any pets up for battle. (no battle, just kill them all !!! hehehe)

Of that list, some might be from the Renown as others from various boss battles: (note: spelling might not be totally correct)

Aguapo
Bashful
Brul
Devourer Lobstrok (already got!)
Diamonshell (Glittering Diamondshell? got it)
Gerald
Lord Stanley
Micoh (likely incorrect spelling)
Roggy
Roland
Salverun
Thimblerig
Tricky

BTW, I have yet to see a single pet drop from a boss encounter. That's just mean!