Pets Left from Dragon Isles

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us
Pets Left from Dragon Isles

Post by Uduwudu » April 18th, 2023, 9:12 am

Hi,

(Edit - Got all of them already. Updated info)

So far these are the only ones I am missing in the Dragon Isles:

Storm-Touched Ottuk
Storm-Touched Bluefeather
Storm-touched Timbertooth

Also ... other weird bit ... I got me a Shyfly (got two different ones and finally selected one) and in the Achievement it does not list it as acquired ... oh well ... I'll go get another one and then dump one!

Easy fights, and since most pets end up at 23, they are always my 3rd pet in all fights on the Dragon Isles other than the Battle Masters ... though in some cases with the "any" choice, I will try them, however, in those fights, they do NOT get the XP that they otherwise get on regular fights so you know ... thus on the Battle Masters, I am no longer using these 23's ... just covering with anything else I feel like.
Last edited by Uduwudu on May 10th, 2023, 9:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

Saite
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Bladefist-eu

Re: Pets Left from Dragon Isles

Post by Saite » April 18th, 2023, 1:48 pm

I actually found Wowhead really useful for all these and it helped me get them all.

With the Storm-touched pets, they only appear when a Primal Storm is on in that location. They just don't spawn if there is no storm.

With the Snowy Treeflitter, I found that killing the critter versions in the area forced the Pet Battle one to spawn. I just kept a character there and did it for 15 mins every day until one spawned.

Razortooth Bear Cub is the same, you have to kill all the Grizzlefur Cub critters and wait for Razortooth Bear Cub to spawn. That one took me the longest.

Whitewhisker is different:
To collect Whitewhisker, you need to speak with Nuptuk at /way #2024 50.87, 54.75 Nuptuk

They will give you the Wearing Snow Glare Sunglasses buff. Once this buff is on, Whitewhiskers will appear around you.
Good luck!

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » April 18th, 2023, 6:35 pm

I suspect one of the reasons you have trouble finding pets where Warcraftpets says is because Warcraftpets gives us this info. So you're dealing with more competition. I found searching for them at off-times, or right after the daily reset, seemed to help a lot. Admittedly some of them took a few days.

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » April 19th, 2023, 10:19 am

Hi,

Wowhead has been fine for procedure, not quite for other information for me. The actual locations are better here.

Going after the Whitewhisker now.

Edit ... goodness that was easy and I could use all the other pops to level everything until I got the one I wanted!!!!!

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » April 20th, 2023, 10:23 am

Saite wrote:
April 18th, 2023, 1:48 pm

With the Storm-touched pets, they only appear when a Primal Storm is on in that location. They just don't spawn if there is no storm.
Hi,

Thanks for all the info. It helped.

One issue ... I have yet to see any "Primal Events" anywhere ... is there a special mark or something? It says every three hours, but I have been on for several hours and ... nothing that I could see marked anywhere!

I need new glasses?

Saite
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Bladefist-eu

Post by Saite » April 20th, 2023, 12:10 pm

The storms should look like the following when they are up:

https://blizzardwatch.com/wp-content/up ... orms01.png

An alternative is to research the areas where the pets you need will be up, then keep an alt there and just check every time you are on and that way there is bound to be a storm up at one point and you should then see spawns around you.

Good luck!

N0083rp00f
Pet Score:12806
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by N0083rp00f » May 4th, 2023, 11:25 pm

Wowhead now posts a schedule of when a storm is happening and where on it's main warcraft page - use an adblock though unless you are subscribed.