Burdened Soul

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Thadjosh76
MVP
Pet Score:13385
Realm:Suramar-us
Burdened Soul

Post by Thadjosh76 » March 25th, 2021, 7:38 pm

Does burdened soul only drop from a particular secret treasure chest or all of them?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Burdened Soul

Post by Quintessence » March 25th, 2021, 11:29 pm

According to Wowhead, it has one drop source: a specific Secret Treasure.

Note that there are multiple "Secret Treasure" spawn points, but each has a different object ID. Not sure if they have different loot tables based on that ID or not, but so far the only one that seems to have data on confirmed pet drops is this one.

It kind of sucks because we already have to hope that Secret Treasures will spawn out of the multiple possible Revendreth treasures, and now we have to also hope the "right" Secret Treasure pops up. And then hope that that specific treasure has the pet. Layered RNG at its finest :(
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Zhevrakeeper
Pet Score:13701
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Zhevrakeeper » April 15th, 2021, 6:29 pm

Wowhead has comments saying people have gotten this from other secret treasures but I have been opening all secret treasures over 7+ toons when they are up and never seen it.

I also have never seen the treasure spawn in the one area that it is confirmed to drop from. Is this one part of the random daily treasures or not?

Anyone gotten this pet that can confirm?

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13586
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » April 16th, 2021, 2:33 am

I've gotten one from that particular treasure. I didn't know at the time that it supposedly can only spawn from that one, but I've quit doing the other ones since I was tired of grabbing treasures in 3 zones on 4 characters. Now time to farm for polished pet for the 10k pet.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » April 17th, 2021, 4:47 pm

I also got one from that specific treasure. I've stopped checking them every time now. I use to check on 3 toons every time, but decided to not worry about it as much since I have one. I'll still try for more for the other breeds.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13586
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » April 18th, 2021, 11:16 am

If you're on NA, the treasure that drops Burdened Soul is up.

Zhevrakeeper
Pet Score:13701
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Zhevrakeeper » April 18th, 2021, 9:57 pm

Yup and of course no dice. Opened on all my 60s and it didn't drop. Waiting weeks and weeks and weeks, it finally is up and doesn't drop. Really getting sick and tired of all the layered RNG on pets. I refuse to pay 200k+ for this pet when i've already shelled out so much this expansion for pets that also have terrible layered RNG.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » April 23rd, 2021, 7:25 am

It'll drop one day. Be a bit boring if everything dropped first time of asking. Think of the relief when it does!

300+ kills on Kaelthas for that bloody bird :twisted:

:lol:

Carnitas
Pet Score:12842
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Carnitas » June 17th, 2021, 9:11 am

In my experience, the pet drops only from the secret treasure that requires you to click the candles. Don't hate me but I've gotten 4 from that chest and none from the others.

Sadeeva
Pet Score:13320
BattleTag®:Sadee#1533
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Sadeeva » November 12th, 2021, 5:28 pm

Thadjosh76 wrote:
March 25th, 2021, 7:38 pm
Does burdened soul only drop from a particular secret treasure chest or all of them?
So looking at WoWhead and 2 different links I found 3 people who commented they got this Battle pet from secret treasure and all 3 had a different area they found it in so I'm not sure that it can be confirmed its only one specific secret treasure. I am well over 100 chests now with 12 different toons and still no pet. At the point of buying it because it takes up my day trying to get all the toons if a Secret Treasure if up in Reven. Not sure why this drop is so low,,,

Thadjosh76
MVP
Pet Score:13385
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Thadjosh76 » November 13th, 2021, 8:58 pm

Sadeeva wrote:
November 12th, 2021, 5:28 pm
Thadjosh76 wrote:
March 25th, 2021, 7:38 pm
So looking at WoWhead and 2 different links I found 3 people who commented they got this Battle pet from secret treasure and all 3 had a different area they found it in so I'm not sure that it can be confirmed its only one specific secret treasure. I am well over 100 chests now with 12 different toons and still no pet. At the point of buying it because it takes up my day trying to get all the toons if a Secret Treasure if up in Reven. Not sure why this drop is so low,,,
I gotta say I am still trying to get it, but I've only been looking at that one chest. I have 4 toons doing this and it does take up a huge amount of time. I don't get why the drop rate is so low either.

But I'm also having a time with Gilded Wader from the chests in Baston. I'm up to 400 on that.

Ping1492
Pet Score:11792
Realm:Winterhoof-us

Post by Ping1492 » November 15th, 2021, 8:32 am

i gave up and bought the pet from the ah. after 4 months every day checking and looting the secret treasures and not getting the pet. using 6 chars too. it was just easier to save me a bunch of travel time and not needing to even bother with it. i was over 300 tries i think. the drop rate is pure terrible