[ENDED] Madja's Six Friendly Raffle - Charity Edition

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Maylea
Pet Score:8515
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us
Re: [ENDED] Madja's Six Friendly Raffle - Charity Edition

Post by Maylea » December 26th, 2015, 1:40 pm

OH MY GOODNESS! I will have to change that right now. Thanks for letting me know. I am now able to receive messages.

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » December 28th, 2015, 10:36 am

All prizes but one have been given out now, but I've yet to hear from Saviya. If you read this then please check your email. You should have received a private message from me!
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » December 28th, 2015, 2:24 pm

I didn't receive a message from you, can you send it again please?

edit: I thought it strange since I've never had a problem receiving messages before so I checked my trash... somehow it got stuffed in there. Weird. I've responded, thank you so much!

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » December 28th, 2015, 3:41 pm

Saviya wrote:I didn't receive a message from you, can you send it again please?

edit: I thought it strange since I've never had a problem receiving messages before so I checked my trash... somehow it got stuffed in there. Weird. I've responded, thank you so much!
I don't seem to have gotten a reply. Are you sure that you've replied through Warcraftpets, and not simply responded to the email? (It happens sometimes ;D)
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » December 28th, 2015, 4:10 pm

Pfft. Like I would neglect to fully read the email to this clearly marked link you need to click to respond. :?

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » January 1st, 2016, 1:34 pm

So, I said I would compile your feedback and write my thoughts on it. Unfortunately I kind of forgot about it and so it took a little longer than I thought ;)

Here is is, though, for anyone who's interested in reading it! :)

Raffle feedback:

Prizes:

Would you prefer that the prizes be only pet related or would you like to see things such as mounts or TCG toys as well?

In regards to toy/mount prizes the feedback seems to be fairly divided.

I would prefer to simply give pet prizes, given that this is a pet site. Unfortunately there isn't a great variety in pets that fall into the budget.
This is the sole reason that I would like to bring in toys and mounts.
Otherwise it would almost exclusively be Store pets/Gryphon Hatchling/Wind Rider Cub/Deathy.

I'll definitely have to ask the admins if it's allowed, but what I might do it have a toy prize once in a while, and then if the winner would rather have a pet, they could simply choose something from the store instead.

Would you prefer to see bigger prizes in longer raffles or to have smaller prizes in short raffles? Maybe a mix of both?

The overall consensus seems to be to have a mix of both.

This is also what I expected and my preferred way as well :)

How would you feel if some raffles had region specific prizes? (Mainly Collector's Editions)

I would personally prefer not to have region specific prizes myself.

This would almost always be in connection with a Cataclysm Collector's Edition code.
They tend to be EU as it's simply too expensive to have it shipped from outside Europe.
I might occasionally get lucky and find someone selling only the code, but I think that I would save region specific prizes for things like the recent Christmas give-away.

Activity:

Some people are unable to post screenshots - either because of post count or they don't know how to. Would you prefer that there be no raffles requiring screenshots?

I really love screenshots myself, so it would be a shame to not have them included!

It seems everyone here agrees with me, so I'll definitely be doing more of those.
I'll follow the advice given a post a small guide on how to upload a screenshot. This should solve most issues!

It's important to me that the raffle be open to anyone, but it might to be fun to do some creative things. How would you like it if you were required to create something in order to gain entry? (This could be poems, drawings, songs - you name it! (please do!))

I'm a bit of two minds on the whole creative entry thing.
I feel like it would bring in some very interesting stuff, but it would also scare away a lot of potential entries (which I think your feedback reflects)

If I were to do something like this, then I would probably have an alternative option for those who are not that creative :)

Also, the winner would still be chosen randomly! Your skill would not be judged at all!

Some might not want to do anything special in order to enter. Would you prefer a raffle that simply required you to reply to the thread for entry?

It seems everyone here agrees with me when I say that I think it's boring to simply have to reply in order to enter.
I just wanted to hear your feedback on it, in case I was the only one who thought so ^^

I've tried a few different activities for my raffles so far. This includes trivia, screenshots, games and creating a pet. Which kind did you enjoy the most? Are there any type that you do not want to see again?

I know that my trivia raffle was extremely popular and I very much enjoyed making it and having you guess the answers!

But as I said earlier, it was very time consuming and sometimes difficult to make.
I will probably make another, but this time have a much smaller amount of questions and instead have the answers sent privately to me.
This way each clue could be used more than once.

Unfortunately this would also mean that the thread would look really abandoned =/

Would you prefer that activities always be pet related? Other subjects might be lore, toys, mounts etc. It would always be Warcraft related, though!

Like the first question opinions seem a bit divided on this one.
The reason why I ask is that it makes it a bit easier to come up with new ideas for raffles if it doesn't always have to be pet related.

Ideally it would always have some connection to pets - seeing how this is a pet site, but I might end up doing alternative stuff as well.

I'll definitely have to give this one a bit more thought!

Some raffles require people to perform a certain challenge or achievement in order to enter. What are you feelings on this?

I might choose to do challenge/achievement raffles in the future. It seems that most of you like the idea.
Rest assured, though, that it would be stuff that everyone is able to do! No matter if you're extremely hardcore or casual.

Misc.:

Would you be interested in joining in-game me for the /roll and, possibly hang out a bit, if this was made a possibility? (EU server)

I have decided to hold an in-game get-together for the roll from now on.
I'll see how many people attend and then decide whether or not to keep doing it :)

Are you okay with the currently fairly loose restrictions on entry or would you prefer to see harsher rules in order to prevent double entry?

I will probably change the requirements for qualifying a bit, as I don't feel like there is any danger of double entry on this site :)

It was suggested to me that I post about my raffles on the WoW forums. This would most likely bring a great amount of people to the site, but would also reduce your chance of winning. How are your feelings on this?

Like most of you I don't really like the idea of bringing in the WoW Forum crowd.
I like the small, cozy community that exists on this site. It's the reason why I do these raffles.
I felt like I should ask though, but I'm glad that the majority agrees with me :)

Thanks again for all the feedback guys! I hope all the winners are enjoying their Brightpaw! :)
Please have a look at my new raffle which I just started.
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Az190
Pet Score:4253
Realm:Pozzo dell'Eternità-eu

Post by Az190 » January 3rd, 2016, 5:27 am

I couldn't properly thank during the last two weeks so here I am

Thank you Madja for the generosity! Your raffles are always a nice thrill :D