Harpy Youngling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Post Reply
User avatar
Yazhi
MVP
Posts: 0
Joined: February 12th, 2011
Pet Score: 4810
Realm: Emerald Dream-EU
Contact:

Harpy Youngling

Post by Yazhi » December 2nd, 2012, 1:31 pm

Noticed lots of people camping these and low spawn rate. I have just seen these on Terenas EU (got rare first time and left others)

User avatar
Hellomynameis
Posts: 182
Joined: November 6th, 2012
Pet Score: 2162
Realm: Shattered Hand-EU
Contact:

Re: Harpy Youngling

Post by Hellomynameis » December 2nd, 2012, 2:00 pm

I have to ask, if you got a rare the first time, what on earth(Azeroth) are you doing in those parts of the woods? I mean, if you already got your rare, why/how do you notice so many camping?

I went there twice, saw many(+20 spawns) each time, found my rare on my second log in to that alt

User avatar
Kahlan
Posts: 18
Joined: December 13th, 2010
Pet Score: 5331
Realm: Silvermoon-EU
Contact:

Re: Harpy Youngling

Post by Kahlan » December 3rd, 2012, 8:11 am

I've only ever seen 2 spawns on separate occasions on alt server, both poor.
Got one of them and alt-f4 'd the other.

User avatar
Yazhi
MVP
Posts: 0
Joined: February 12th, 2011
Pet Score: 4810
Realm: Emerald Dream-EU
Contact:

Re: Harpy Youngling

Post by Yazhi » December 3rd, 2012, 11:49 am

Hellomynameis wrote:I have to ask, if you got a rare the first time, what on earth(Azeroth) are you doing in those parts of the woods? I mean, if you already got your rare, why/how do you notice so many camping?

I went there twice, saw many(+20 spawns) each time, found my rare on my second log in to that alt

I was camping it for a long time, seeing many other players there: The first one I encountered was a rare, that I caught on this server without any other campers. Hence giving the advice to others that was in a similar predicament to myself to try this method. Seemed pretty clear to me but hope that explains it a bit better :)

User avatar
Hellomynameis
Posts: 182
Joined: November 6th, 2012
Pet Score: 2162
Realm: Shattered Hand-EU
Contact:

Re: Harpy Youngling

Post by Hellomynameis » December 3rd, 2012, 1:33 pm

Azaelia wrote:
Hellomynameis wrote:I have to ask, if you got a rare the first time, what on earth(Azeroth) are you doing in those parts of the woods? I mean, if you already got your rare, why/how do you notice so many camping?

I went there twice, saw many(+20 spawns) each time, found my rare on my second log in to that alt
I was camping it for a long time, seeing many other players there: The first one I encountered was a rare, that I caught on this server without any other campers. Hence giving the advice to others that was in a similar predicament to myself to try this method. Seemed pretty clear to me but hope that explains it a bit better :)
Ahh, kk, thanks for clarifying, it was this part that threw me:
Azaelia wrote:got rare first time and left others
:)

User avatar
Faery
Posts: 5
Joined: November 11th, 2011
Pet Score: 263
Realm: Destromath-US
Contact:

Re: Harpy Youngling

Post by Faery » December 4th, 2012, 9:50 am

For those that are hunting her, I've found that killing the other critters in the area make her spawn faster. I'm still looking for a rare, although I did find some poor quality ones.

User avatar
Mairin
Top Rater
Posts: 91
Joined: August 11th, 2008
Pet Score: 3202
Realm: Blade's Edge-US
Contact:

Re: Harpy Youngling

Post by Mairin » December 4th, 2012, 11:45 am

Faery wrote:For those that are hunting her, I've found that killing the other critters in the area make her spawn faster. I'm still looking for a rare, although I did find some poor quality ones.
"Someone" I actually know on here for once ;)

Was this on BE or elsewhere? Every time I've been over there on alts I've not even seen a poor nevermind a rare.
Image

Post Reply