Loot cards from Ebay sellers from China

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jgcat2
Pet Score:4388
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Loot cards from Ebay sellers from China

Post by Jgcat2 » October 4th, 2014, 12:16 pm

Has anybody purchased a loot card (ie for tuskarr kite) from a Ebay seller from China? Is it as legitimate as a loot card purchased from a US seller? I hate to be suspicious about Chinese sellers, but I just want to be careful.

Edit: Just double-checked. It would be a loot code, not the card. I assume that because it's a code, the pet would be "legitimate" (ie, not duped). Anybody have some input?

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Re: Loot cards from Ebay sellers from China

Post by Digem » October 4th, 2014, 1:16 pm

Jgcat2 wrote:Has anybody purchased a loot card (ie for tuskarr kite) from a Ebay seller from China? Is it as legitimate as a loot card purchased from a US seller? I hate to be suspicious about Chinese sellers, but I just want to be careful.

Edit: Just double-checked. It would be a loot code, not the card. I assume that because it's a code, the pet would be "legitimate" (ie, not duped). Anybody have some input?

I bought one of my kites this was over a year ago before the duping got out of hand.
It works fine they email you the code but i still insisted on the card just in case.

Mwebly
Pet Score:10448
BattleTag®:Webly#1586
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Mwebly » October 4th, 2014, 1:17 pm

I would be cautious.

I purchased many of TCG loot cards and past Blizzcon pets to round out my collection, and a few of those were Chinese sellers. I never had a bad experience and all my purchases were through eBay. But I always insisted on receiving the actual unscratched card and never made a purchase from a seller offering codes only.

I am sure people have had successful sales doing codes only, but that is where I drew the line, and it seemed to me that the reputable sellers draw the line at the same place.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » October 6th, 2014, 10:01 am

I don't even think it's allowed by Ebay to sell codes. Sometimes though, the seller contacted me to send the card or the code (where I always ask for the code).
I've bought from a Chinese seller in the past and had no problems at all.

But best check their feedback and how long they're doing business on ebay. If that's ok, you can presume the seller can be trusted.