Sun Darter Hatchling solved

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
Re: Sun Darter Hatchling solved

Post by Paladance » June 21st, 2017, 5:02 am

I used a Greater Fire Protection Potion (Vanilla 2nd tier one) before the first wall, to no avail (and the normal cooldown was incurred). I think I can assume the 1st tier one doesn't work either.

The Mighty Fire Protection Potion fails aswell. (Not so well.)

Fun fact: Warlocks can still use Burning Rush. There's always time for some self-neglect. :oops:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 22nd, 2017, 10:39 pm

Got mine tonight. The pygmy suckerfish was the most annoying part I thought. I originally thought the potions would be the pain, but they really aren't. The drop rate on motes seemed like it was buffed (or my nightmares regarding primal farming in BC are simply exaggerated).

Pretty fun. But there is nothing about it that is not ridiculous. So funny.

Minet
Top Rater
Pet Score:9371
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Minet » June 23rd, 2017, 9:41 am

I just wanna say that I really enjoyed getting this pet! I am one of the ones that farmed up all the recipes, made all the pots and, even though it took me hours, I thought it was really fun. The only part I lost steam on was grinding out the Cenarion Expedition Rep. Right in the middle of doing that, I found one solitary nature pot on the AH and I snagged it and used that. But I will get back to finishing that rep. I got pretty close.

I loved how it got me flying around in Outland again and I loved how I filled in a few gaps on my alchemist. I loved that we had to go to Dire Maul. I REALLY loved that we had to get our perky pugs out near the end of the cave. The whole thing was neat.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » July 20th, 2017, 11:19 am

Drudatz wrote:
Shashos wrote:Makes me so glad that I used to spend loads of time lurking on the AH and snapping up any recipe I didn't own on my alts, hehe.
The Major ... Protection Potions CANT be grabbed of the AH they are BOP mate.
Not true, mate.. I bought them off the AH as I only had two of the recipes myself. If they were BoP, only Alchemists would be able to get the pet..

Major Fire Protection on Draenor-EU AH --> https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/draenor/item/22841

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » July 20th, 2017, 2:39 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Drudatz wrote:
Shashos wrote:Makes me so glad that I used to spend loads of time lurking on the AH and snapping up any recipe I didn't own on my alts, hehe.
The Major ... Protection Potions CANT be grabbed of the AH they are BOP mate.
Not true, mate.. If they were BoP, only Alchemists would be able to get the pet..
Drudatz meant to say that the recipes are BoP, not the potions.
Mingyao on Madoran

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Salus » August 16th, 2017, 3:30 am

I'd like to note for anyone who might be interested that I just repeated this ON THE SAME TOON that I originally completed this with back in June. I have not tried to repeat apart from the rush that initial week (and could not). So there does seem to be some sort of reset. I can only speculate, but perhaps similar to Kosumoth? It could be weekly, monthly who knows... I'll let others try to figure that out. The point is that some time in the last 8 weeks the egg did seem to reset.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » August 18th, 2017, 1:55 am

Salus wrote:I'd like to note for anyone who might be interested that I just repeated this ON THE SAME TOON that I originally completed this with back in June. I have not tried to repeat apart from the rush that initial week (and could not). So there does seem to be some sort of reset. I can only speculate, but perhaps similar to Kosumoth? It could be weekly, monthly who knows... I'll let others try to figure that out. The point is that some time in the last 8 weeks the egg did seem to reset.
It can also be a reset-bug..

When Deadmines PBD opened in EU, there was 3 resets the first day; one at 9:00 (as normal) because servers were up already at 8ish and then one later in the day, which meant, some people had 3 bottle caps (and thus the [pet]Pocket Cannon[/pet]) the very fist day.