Rematch 5.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Re: Rematch 5.0

Post by Jerebear » November 25th, 2023, 7:19 pm

Hey Gello,

Is there an option for when autoloading not to show the "VS" section that makes the standalone window grow vertically. In the old days it would just load the team. Now it inserts that versus section with the "Load" button, but I don't need it to. It already auto loads the team.

My options set under "Interaction Options" are:
On Target: Auto Loac
On Mouseover: Do Nothing
"Show Window After Loading" checked but none of the other options checked.

You can see the "VS" section with the Load button in this image (provided by another user above):

Also is there an option to keep the standalone window up when entering a battle. It keeps disappearing when I start a battle. Basically if I have the standalone window up, I want it to always be up (minus in combat...I get that).

Also is there an option to have the notes not disappear after a battle ends. I currently have "Keep Notes On Screen" checked, but when a battle ends, they disappear.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » November 25th, 2023, 7:46 pm

I can make it disappear again when you have only one team and that team is loaded. It persists now since a target can have multiple teams and you might want to switch/rotate to a different team for the target which you can do from that mini target panel; but if a target only has one team then there's no need for it to stay.

In Standalone Options, check Keep Window On Screen and Even For Pet Battles. (This will mean the window can't be dismissed with esc key. I haven't decided how to handle the new restrictions Blizzard put on PropagateKeyboardInput in 10.1.5, it's kind of awkward and keeping the window on screen through the pet battle opening will likely need to be paired with inability to dismiss the window with esc.)

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 25th, 2023, 8:10 pm

Ok thanks I'll try that out.

One other question. In the old days I could right click on a pet in the levelling queue and cage it. With version 5 this appears to be gone. I generally level pets to sub 25 levels due to how well they sell at certain levels (for people wanting quick pets for achieves and to incentivize discounted prices). is there an option to put it back in within the rematch window options?

If not, it isn't a huge deal. I'm sure I can come up with a filter to bring them up afterwords

Gello

Post by Gello » November 25th, 2023, 8:18 pm

In Version 5.0.2 posted last weekend you should be able to cage pets directly from the queue. Check if you're on that version (About Rematch section in options). If you are, can you spot check other pets in the queue can be caged? (The option only appears if a pet can be caged.)

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 25th, 2023, 8:22 pm

Gello wrote:
November 25th, 2023, 7:46 pm
In Standalone Options, check Keep Window On Screen and Even For Pet Battles. (This will mean the window can't be dismissed with esc key. I haven't decided how to handle the new restrictions Blizzard put on PropagateKeyboardInput in 10.1.5, it's kind of awkward and keeping the window on screen through the pet battle opening will likely need to be paired with inability to dismiss the window with esc.)
The "Even for pet battles" option did work for the standalone window. thanks!

For the notes disappearing after battle, I tried "Even when escaped pressed" but the notes still disappeared when the battle was over. I just realized I'm probably using an old version though (5.0.1) so I'll try and update and see if that helps the notes to stay

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 25th, 2023, 8:23 pm

Gello wrote:
November 25th, 2023, 8:18 pm
In Version 5.0.2 posted last weekend you should be able to cage pets directly from the queue. Check if you're on that version (About Rematch section in options). If you are, can you spot check other pets in the queue can be caged? (The option only appears if a pet can be caged.)
I'm definitely behind. I missed the update. Sorry about that.
Last edited by Jerebear on November 25th, 2023, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 25th, 2023, 8:25 pm

No problem at all! Never hurts to ask. Another update will be likely be posted tomorrow.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 25th, 2023, 8:28 pm

Gello wrote:
November 25th, 2023, 8:25 pm
No problem at all! Never hurts to ask. Another update will be likely be posted tomorrow.
Sounds good. I'll hold off on updating till that version comes out. I'll see if that fixes the notes disappearing as well. Hopefully it is just an option logic mismatch or something easy

Gello

Post by Gello » November 26th, 2023, 2:43 pm

Update posted today:

11/26/2023 version 5.0.3
  • Increased limit of team tabs from 15 to 16. The 16th tab, when used, replaces the "Create New Group" tab if it was shown
  • Added Team Option 'Show Create New Group Tab' to show/hide the tab with the yellow plus (+) symbol to create a new group. This is initially enabled for anyone who upgraded from Rematch 4 and disabled for any new installs
  • Added Team Option 'Never Show Team Tabs' to always hide team tabs even if on the teams panel
  • The Show Team Tab and Hide Team Tab menu items from the group right-click menu is now hidden if 'Never Show Team Tabs' is checked
  • Pets that can battle but are on the wrong faction are reclassified as a pet that can battle (Blizzard classifies these as non-battle pets for owned petIDs and battle pets for their speciesIDs)
  • In smaller standalone views (minimized, single panel, dual-panel queue), the pull-out panel to load the target's team will now dismiss if the target has only one team and it's already loaded (either automatically or by clicking the Load button in the pull-out panel). When a target has more than one team the pull-out panel will continue to remain to allow loading alternate teams for the target
  • Notes will no longer dismiss when leaving a pet battle with Notes Option 'Keep Notes On Screen' enabled
  • Added a help item to the Teams button menu to clarify how teams are organized and a legend for icons shown on teams in lists
  • Fix for queue reverting to a previous saved state if no teams saved

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 29th, 2023, 3:07 pm

Great work Gello. I think 5.0.3 is looking great.

The only oddity I noticed was that if I have "Even Across Sessions" checked under "Keep Window On Screen", then even if the window is hidden when I log off, it will be reshown when I log back in. I don't know if that is intended or not after the changes, but if so, the tooltip should be updated to indicate the change in functionality. I don't mind either way, but noticed the discrepancy between the tooltip and the functionality.

Thanks again for everything! Your addons are always top notch.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 29th, 2023, 4:17 pm

The window should not return if it was hidden on logout with that option. Thanks for catching this! I'll have it fixed in the next update.

Gello

Post by Gello » December 17th, 2023, 3:21 pm

Is anyone having issues with the Safari Hat Reminder summoning the window but the Safari Hat button is not working reliably? A user is reporting this issue but I can't reproduce it, even with exported options to duplicate settings.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » December 18th, 2023, 9:58 pm

Gello wrote:
December 17th, 2023, 3:21 pm
Is anyone having issues with the Safari Hat Reminder summoning the window but the Safari Hat button is not working reliably? A user is reporting this issue but I can't reproduce it, even with exported options to duplicate settings.
I have not used that option, but the very first time I upgraded from 4.x to 5.x my safari hat button did not work. Clicking it did nothing. It has since worked fine and I have never seen it fail again.

Schlumpf
Pet Score:11085
Realm:Antonidas-eu

Post by Schlumpf » December 19th, 2023, 8:07 am

Gello wrote:
December 17th, 2023, 3:21 pm
I did indeed have this once. Of course I also can't reproduce it and I never observed it again.

Gello

Post by Gello » December 19th, 2023, 1:49 pm

Thanks guys. You led me to wonder if it was a cache issue (when not cached initially, it didn't work; once Safari Hat is cached, it starts to work), and after a test with the user it seems to be the case. I'll have a fix for this next update.

Thanks again!

Schlumpf
Pet Score:11085
Realm:Antonidas-eu

Post by Schlumpf » December 19th, 2023, 3:05 pm

Gello wrote:
December 19th, 2023, 1:49 pm
Thanks guys. You led me to wonder if it was a cache issue (when not cached initially, it didn't work; once Safari Hat is cached, it starts to work), and after a test with the user it seems to be the case. I'll have a fix for this next update.
Just for sake of confirmation: Deleted cache, was unable to click it, opened toy collection, was instantly able to click it.

Justgiz
Pet Score:13304
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Justgiz » December 24th, 2023, 12:30 pm

Error in the newest 5.0.5 release

Code: Select all

1x Rematch/utils/timer.lua:20: Invalid timer start.
[string "=[C]"]: in function `assert'
[string "@Rematch/utils/timer.lua"]:20: in function `Start'
[string "@Rematch/chrome/toolbar.lua"]:154: in function `func'
[string "@Rematch/utils/timer.lua"]:56: in function <Rematch/utils/timer.lua:46>

Locals:
(*temporary) = false
(*temporary) = "Invalid timer start."
Looks like you're referencing a non existing callback function in "/chrome/toolbar.lua:154"

- rematch.timer:Start(0.1,cacheSafariHat)
+ rematch.timer:Start(0.1,rematch.toolbar.CacheSafariHat)

Gello

Post by Gello » December 24th, 2023, 4:51 pm

5.0.6 should fix that

Capnrocket
Pet Score:12860
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Capnrocket » December 27th, 2023, 6:44 pm

Hello Gello, I was wondering if there's any chance of an option to bring back the statistics screen to like the one from the past version, like the way it was in this image?

Gello

Post by Gello » December 27th, 2023, 7:08 pm

The collection statistics is there, though it's tabbed now. There's a Summary, Pet Types, Sources, Battles tabs at the top of the dialog:

If you don't get any dialog at all or it seems broken, can you turn on lua errors if it's not already and post any error you get if any?

/console scriptErrors 1