Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Re: Rematch 4.0

Post by Jerebear » August 24th, 2015, 10:23 am

1-24 should be fine. I'll try it out. I'm just habitual, so having an operator beginning them all made sense in my head. Since you are rebuilding the UI, you might consider rather than text filtering for stats, allowing input boxes (either embedded in your filter dropdown or as a popup). Then the search can be just text filters and you could explore allowing multiple text searches at once (being able to search for both "call lightning" and "double damage" is an example of a useful double text search). Since you are going through beta, this might be a good time (well after your major changes are done)
Everything you could do in 3.x from right-click of a minimized leveling pet can be done in 4.0. If something is missing let me know.

The only exception while minized was the little button that opened a dialog to choose another leveling pet. The leveling carousel is removed and very unlikely to return in that form. It was a lot of code/frames for what it did and that form of selection had issues when a team has two leveling pets. Was it this specifically? I'm not opposed to looking for other solutions.

Also I'd like to make the addon totally usable in its minimzied state. For instance those without auto load will notice the window expands slightly with a "mini target panel" with a load button when they target something with a saved team, instead of a prompt.
I haven't done a large levelling stretch since early WoD, but I could have sworn I used to use right click to do "move up", "move down", "move to the bottom" on the levellling pet slot. Maybe I am just remembering wrong. I have been using really old versions of Rematch prior to 6.2 and haven't levelled in a while. I don't recall using the carousel previously. As I think about it, it might have been back as far as 2.x when I last did a long levelling stretch where I was trying to beat a timer. I could also be totally crazy (my wife will attest to this).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » August 24th, 2015, 11:14 am

Oh it could be long ago yeah. A long time ago the queue was fixed and the current leveling pet could be mid-way through the queue. Then it was easy to go up/down the queue without moving pets within the queue. That was easy but the rest of the queue's behavior was kind of awkward. It was not always obvious which pet would be next, especially when leveling pets were automatically swapping. At some point there was a queue flyout window too.

Now, with the currently leveling pet at the top, moving the pet from its position would slide the second pet into the top position. I supposed it could send the top-most pet to the next slot to give one alternate option (it'd be no more than one in that direction, since the top-most pet is now the second), or it could send it to the bottom of the queue, to "rotate" the whole queue. But if preferences are in play it would not have an apparent effect (if the top pet was not preferred) unless the preferred pet was sent to the back of the queue. This would shuffle the order of the queue. And it would still have no apparent effect if there was only one preferred pet in the queue. So there'd need to be an indicator when this is happening. And another indicator that Active Sort is enabled (because an actively sorted queue is completely sorted by the chosen sort order).

So in the end, I think right-click controls for the queue would create potentially confusing situations. It'd be best done with a separate dialog or window. And if a button is to be hit to get to that dialog or window, and more screen real estate taken up, maybe just maximizing the queue and having full access to the queue order would be simpler and more straightforward.

Ismenot
Pet Score:11226
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Ismenot » August 24th, 2015, 12:28 pm

Helloo GELLO

I love your addon , since I heard of it, it made me do more pet battle and I got alot of pets now
big thanks and hugs

I have an stupid question ....how could I Save all my teams again?

This is because I want to upgrade my pc to windows 10 and I think when am going to do that something weird will happen
to my pc as ussual and that I maybe need to install wow again and losing all my teams, this way

Sorry that I can not test the beta version , as am on a break for a few week of wow

thanks alot

Gello

Post by Gello » August 24th, 2015, 2:00 pm

To backup all of your teams and settings, look for this file:

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YourAccountName\SavedVariables\Rematch.lua

If you're on a Windows machine then it may be in virtual store. (If this seems needlessly complicated, blame Microsoft and/or Blizzard--addons have no control over where these files save.)
1. First [url=https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/showing-hidden-files-and-folders-pc]configure Windows to show hidden files and folders[/url] if needed.
2. Then the file is likely in C:\Users\WindowsUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YourAccountName\SavedVariables\Rematch.lua.

Interface\Addons does not have any saved addon data; that folder just has the addons themselves. All addon-generated data gets stored in WTF as mentioned above.

Kayhos
Pet Score:5741
Realm:Blackwater Raiders-us

Post by Kayhos » August 24th, 2015, 10:06 pm

A quick addendum, would it be possible to have the "Find Battles" button back in the minimized view. I don't know if I'm alone in seeing the Summon/Dismiss button as somewhat useless while the find

In an evening I can hit the Find Battles button 10-15 times, when I rarely summon a new pet as I have matching xmog and pets.

So please please please, add the find battle button back :)

p.s. I only searched the 2nd and 3rd for "find battle" and didn't see anything. I can't believe i'm alone to miss that feature!

Gello

Post by Gello » August 24th, 2015, 10:47 pm

You're not alone. Someone else asked for it too. I'll keep this in mind as I rework the minimized view.

Kayhos
Pet Score:5741
Realm:Blackwater Raiders-us

Post by Kayhos » August 25th, 2015, 10:49 am

I might have an easier solutions, maybe right clicking the minimap button could queue a pet battle, this way the summon and unsummon buttons could remain.

You could also change the two summon/unsummon button to a toggle. I mean, when clicking a first time, it summons and then changes to the unsummon button. Clicking it a second time, unsummons the pet and switches back to the summon button.

Ironwolfe
MVP
Pet Score:9856
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Ironwolfe » August 25th, 2015, 11:23 am

Well, still loving this new version :-)

Love that you have a level range, awesome, saves me so much time
also the new dismiss pet function... also saves me time having to search out the summoned pet

wish list

- ability to change the order of the team tabs
- loading a team doesn't also summon the lead pet

Salus
Pet Score:8746

Post by Salus » August 25th, 2015, 1:24 pm

v4.0.0-beta-07

1) I assume this is a limitation of what Blizzard allows you to do, but I'll mention it anyway. By quickly clicking through various teams with the "Keep Companion" option enabled, I am routinely able to summon the wrong pet or no pet at all instead of the pet I started with.

2) I find the display of Pet Cards while using the Rematch version of the Pet Journal to be awkward. The cards always seem to be in the wrong place. I tried every combination of "Faster Pet Cards" and "Click for Pet Cards," but I couldn't find anything that looked good to me. Then I noticed that when using Rematch without Pet Journal the Pet Cards were not obtrusive at all. This seems to be because I have Rematch on the right edge of my screen, whereas the Pet Journal is on the left. I used the Addon "Move Anything" to move the Collections Window to the right side of the screen, and found everything to be quite satisfactory. Pet Cards appear just outside the left edge of the Pet Journal while browsing pets and do not obscure important information while hovering over the currently loaded team.

So, I think this layout works for me - but it leaves me with some questions:
Will the average user be as bothered by the default Pet Cards behavior as I was?
Maybe Pet Cards should be off by default, or there should be an off in Pet Journal option?
Is simply relocating the Pet Journal the best option? Perhaps this is something Rematch could offer to do?

Sorry if that's a bit long-winded, but the UI is so well done, and that's the one place it struck me as ugly.

Gello

Post by Gello » August 25th, 2015, 2:22 pm

Kayhos wrote:I might have an easier solutions, maybe right clicking the minimap button could queue a pet battle, this way the summon and unsummon buttons could remain.

You could also change the two summon/unsummon button to a toggle. I mean, when clicking a first time, it summons and then changes to the unsummon button. Clicking it a second time, unsummons the pet and switches back to the summon button.
The toggle is a great idea. I'll do that, thanks for suggestion!

The right-click of the minimap button will (eventually) bring up a list of favorited teams you can load.
Ironwolfe wrote:- ability to change the order of the team tabs
- loading a team doesn't also summon the lead pet
If you right-click any tab you created you can move it up/down to rearrange the order of tabs. The first tab (named General by default) is the "default" tab all teams go to when a tab is deleted or the addon doesn't know where to put a team. It has to stay in that first spot. But the rest can be reordered. Reordering teams within a tab will be doable before this addon leaves beta too.

And I would kill to prevent loading a pet that swaps into the first slot when loading a team. Unfortunately this is hardcoded behavior by Blizzard and there's nothing an addon can do to prevent it. I've tried various things like forcing the player to /sit (putting a pet in first slot won't summon if you're sitting), tried doing multiple fast swaps to confuse the server, trying to fool the client into thinking the pet is dead (dead pets don't get summoned), etc. But none of them were satisfactory. Only Blizzard can prevent this behavior. :(
Salus wrote:1) I assume this is a limitation of what Blizzard allows you to do, but I'll mention it anyway. By quickly clicking through various teams with the "Keep Companion" option enabled, I am routinely able to summon the wrong pet or no pet at all instead of the pet I started with.
This is a solvable issue I'll revisit once I've gone back to prohibiting instant team swaps.
2) I find the display of Pet Cards while using the Rematch version of the Pet Journal to be awkward. The cards always seem to be in the wrong place. I tried every combination of "Faster Pet Cards" and "Click for Pet Cards," but I couldn't find anything that looked good to me. Then I noticed that when using Rematch without Pet Journal the Pet Cards were not obtrusive at all. This seems to be because I have Rematch on the right edge of my screen, whereas the Pet Journal is on the left. I used the Addon "Move Anything" to move the Collections Window to the right side of the screen, and found everything to be quite satisfactory. Pet Cards appear just outside the left edge of the Pet Journal while browsing pets and do not obscure important information while hovering over the currently loaded team.
It may not be obvious, but pet cards can be dragged to any place on the screen and they will stay there. The little lock button on the pet card explains this behavior.

Or is that even with the pet card moved and locked to a specific part of the screen?

Ironwolfe
MVP

Post by Ironwolfe » August 25th, 2015, 2:36 pm

Thanks for that information about the tabs, something I didn't try doing, great news :-)
And I would kill to prevent loading a pet that swaps into the first slot when loading a team. Unfortunately this is hardcoded behavior by Blizzard and there's nothing an addon can do to prevent it. I've tried various things like forcing the player to /sit (putting a pet in first slot won't summon if you're sitting), tried doing multiple fast swaps to confuse the server, trying to fool the client into thinking the pet is dead (dead pets don't get summoned), etc. But none of them were satisfactory. Only Blizzard can prevent this behavior. :(
I'd likely do the same for it :-) Again, my thanks for your reply.

Keep up the fantastic work, you've really made some great improvements, and this is by far my favourite addon!

Salus

Post by Salus » August 25th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Gello wrote: It may not be obvious, but pet cards can be dragged to any place on the screen and they will stay there. The little lock button on the pet card explains this behavior.

Or is that even with the pet card moved and locked to a specific part of the screen?
This is not using the Pet Card as a window, but as a tooltip (this was the default for me). I tried the window option, but I found that I didn't totally like that either.

Gello

Post by Gello » August 26th, 2015, 12:14 pm

A new update posted today (beta-08). It does not include notes, unfortunately. I've decided to scrap the latest version (again) and try another route.

I'm curious if the minimized window is obnoxious now with things popping in as you mouseover it?
Salus wrote:This is not using the Pet Card as a window, but as a tooltip (this was the default for me). I tried the window option, but I found that I didn't totally like that either.
I changed the anchor of the pet cards to the journal (flipped them upwards). Does this look better? I reeeeeally don't want anyone to feel compelled to move their whole CollectionsJournal with MoveAnything. That kind of defeats the point of journal integration. (There's a standalone window that can be dragged to anywhere on the screen that many users will use without going to the journal at all.)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » August 26th, 2015, 8:57 pm

Gello wrote:A new update posted today (beta-08). It does not include notes, unfortunately. I've decided to scrap the latest version (again) and try another route.

I'm curious if the minimized window is obnoxious now with things popping in as you mouseover it?
I'm not a huge fan of the disappearing / reappearing parts, but I can live with it...I just have to get used to it. Was it done to solve a particular problem?

I like the way the window is focused now (on top of the chat/action bar but behind the bags). Question: is there a way to prevent the mousewheel from scrolling the Rematch window when the bags are over top of it? It only affects my DE'er, so not a huge deal if it is too complex.

Thank you for all your hard work.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Ironwolfe
MVP

Post by Ironwolfe » August 27th, 2015, 5:48 am

Is it possible to also have it lose focus when an NPC conversation window opens?

Personally I like to have the rematch window on the left, so when talking to an NPC I have to close rematch as it keeps focus over the npc conversation window.

Keep up the fantastic work, you've created something truly awesome for us pet lovers :-)

Gello

Post by Gello » August 27th, 2015, 6:50 am

Jerebear wrote:I'm not a huge fan of the disappearing / reappearing parts, but I can live with it...I just have to get used to it. Was it done to solve a particular problem?
It's entirely an aesthetic solution so definitely a candidate for removing the behavior. I posted a small update this morning (beta-09) that makes the parts fade in/out with a one-second delay before fading out. Let me know if still not a fan of this.

The problem it was meant to solve was with the loaded team being moved from the titlebar to inside the window, the minimized window is now quite a bit bigger. And with the loaded team no longer in the titlebar, the titlebar seemed to be superfluous. But it needed to stay for the lock/minimize/close buttons (or more space "inside" the window found for these). So a solution was to make them disappear. But as I said it's entirely aesthetic.

If those who use it minimized 95% of the time aren't a fan of the behavior, I'm 100% fine with removing it or making it an option to turn on.
I like the way the window is focused now (on top of the chat/action bar but behind the bags). Question: is there a way to prevent the mousewheel from scrolling the Rematch window when the bags are over top of it? It only affects my DE'er, so not a huge deal if it is too complex.
I'll do some research later. My gut instinct says it may be relatively complex with the way scrollframes work in WoW.
Thank you for all your hard work.
And thank you guys for feedback! :D Even in the case above, without feedback I would've left the loaded team in the titlebar with a notes button wedged to the side. You guys asking for a way to reload a team, look at notes/preferences, and a right-click to change a team while minimized got the loaded team panel into the minimized view. Now the minimized view is much more functional which is awesome.
Ironwolfe wrote:Is it possible to also have it lose focus when an NPC conversation window opens?

Personally I like to have the rematch window on the left, so when talking to an NPC I have to close rematch as it keeps focus over the npc conversation window.

Keep up the fantastic work, you've created something truly awesome for us pet lovers :-)
In options check "Lower Window Behind UI" and see if that helps. It should make the conversation windows appear above rematch. And if a conversation window is open and you open rematch it should make rematch appear above the conversation window.

This may become the default behavior too after some testing. The toplevel flag that makes this happen makes me a bit nervous but so far things look good.

Salus

Post by Salus » August 27th, 2015, 7:14 am

Gello wrote:(There's a standalone window that can be dragged to anywhere on the screen that many users will use without going to the journal at all.)
I think this is what I'll do.

The change (in beta-08) is slightly better, but the underlying issue remains. I don't see a lot of people chiming in, so I suppose it's not an issue for people.

Strathis
Pet Score:10493
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Strathis » August 28th, 2015, 10:06 am

Dear Gello,

I have been using your addon since I started to do battle bets, which is not long ago. Yet, I find it the most usefull addon, and after trying your beta version it seems to be better. I really like the way it looks now, much better than the former version with a separate window. There are some things I like to mention.
a) I find the small load windows very usefull every time you click on a saved team, and automatically loading a team is an improvement (I have not seen the prompt window, but I suppose it is there if you uncheck the auto loading feature);
b) Never tried the sorting as much as with the beta, but I love it;
c) I do not miss anything;

I would like to mention that does not load dead pets is still there, and it took me some time to figure out why the teams were not loading properly until I noticed it did not load a dead pet.

While I generally manage my leveling pet manually, selecting which one should be in a battle, I whish there was a feature where you could set a minimul pet level for a team, or the minimal health pool required to take part on a battle. I think this would be a very nice feature, making life even easier.

Anyway, it is a great addon, and I recommend it to my friends when they start doing pet battles.

Gello

Post by Gello » August 28th, 2015, 10:54 am

Strathis wrote:I would like to mention that does not load dead pets is still there, and it took me some time to figure out why the teams were not loading properly until I noticed it did not load a dead pet.

While I generally manage my leveling pet manually, selecting which one should be in a battle, I whish there was a feature where you could set a minimul pet level for a team, or the minimal health pool required to take part on a battle. I think this would be a very nice feature, making life even easier.
Thanks for the bug report. I'll look into the dead pets not loading issue. Are the dead pets in the leveling queue? Can you describe the team that's attempting to load the dead pet?

Also are any of the pets in the affected team greyed out in the team list? Greyed-out pets are ones that the addon thinks have been caged and/or received/imported for which you don't have a version pet. The system for replacing the pet with one you know is not 100% implemented yet. This may describe the behavior you're seeing. (But the behavior should go away once you heal your pets; so this probably isn't the problem.)

For a minimum level or minimum health, you can do either or both with team preferences and the leveling queue. If you right-click a team that has a leveling slot (blue arrow icon), you should see a "Set Preferences" menu option. From there you can choose either a min level or health. So if you enter 700hp minimum health on a team, it will prefer leveling pets with at least 700hp when you load the team.

If you tend to swap leveling pets manually a lot, and want the team to reload to pick a leveling pet for you (and the team contains one of those blue arrow leveling slots), you can click the name of the team above the loaded pets and it will reload a team and pull a pet from the queue that best fits the preferences you've chosen (or top of the queue if no preferences defined or No Preferences checked in the queue).

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » August 28th, 2015, 5:34 pm

Safari Hat will change to a toy in 6.2.2. expected Sep 1st ... Rematch 4.0 won't release before the change, maybe you have to change something for that button?