Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us
Re: Rematch 4.0

Post by Darolyn » January 16th, 2016, 2:39 pm

I figured out why the addon sees only 229 pets instead of 244, it has to do with how I found the 229, because apparently I have 15 pets in my stable that have level 25's that are common or poor, and I was looking for only the uncommon and rare ones to level. Fixed that up on my end, it isn't a bug in the addon, just how I was using the addon.

I still can't get it to add 229 or 244 to the queue without filters (still wants somewhere in the 360's), but hey, at least I figured out where my lost 15 pets went!

Looking forward to the changes you've made, and thank you again for an amazing addon.

I'm personally not too concerned about this getting fixed anymore, since I've figured out a workaround, but I thought you'd like the update.

Thanks again!

Daro
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » January 25th, 2016, 1:14 am

Kalerender wrote:Could the collection statistics graph be given a 'remaining levels' display bar graph? To show how many total levels are left for your collection based on pet breed.

Would make it easier to keep pets to level balanced so stones don't go too to waste.
This is a very late followup. I was experimenting with this and it's really not working out so unless there's more demand I'm going to shelve it, sorry!

But if you want, this macro will print the total levels remaining for collected pets by pet type:

Code: Select all

/run local r,t,p,l,e,_=Rematch.Roster,{}for i=1,r:GetNumPets(1)do p=r:GetPetByIndex(i,1)if type(p)=="string" then _,_,l,_,_,_,_,_,_,e=C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(p)t[e]=(t[e] or 0)+(25-l)end end for i=1,10 do print(_G["BATTLE_PET_NAME_"..i],t[i])end

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » January 25th, 2016, 3:01 pm

@gello The new Safari Hat Reminder feature is activated by the Leveling Pet Slot only, there's no check for Level < 25 pets?

Than I'll keep my WeakAura for now (that doesn't make a difference if pets are dead or low level :? ), but hanks anyway for adding that :-)

Gello

Post by Gello » January 25th, 2016, 7:27 pm

Flohsakk wrote:@gello The new Safari Hat Reminder feature is activated by the Leveling Pet Slot only, there's no check for Level < 25 pets?

Than I'll keep my WeakAura for now (that doesn't make a difference if pets are dead or low level :? ), but hanks anyway for adding that :-)
It's possible. I was resistant to add this since it feels like it should be a separate addon. But having it tied to the loaded team made it suddenly relevant to this addon. :p

Bloodykins
Pet Score:3616
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Bloodykins » January 30th, 2016, 6:55 am

When I upgraded from 4.1.6 to 4.1.9, I seemed to have lost the "Find Battle" icon on all of the tabs. All other icons are still there - dismiss pet, biscuit/sausage, bandage, heal. Just not "Find Battle", which is only on the main window.

Is there any way to get Find Battle back across all tabs like the rest of the icons ?

Can I take this opportunity to say thanks for a such a fantastic addon!

Gello

Post by Gello » January 30th, 2016, 8:38 am

Bloodykins wrote:When I upgraded from 4.1.6 to 4.1.9, I seemed to have lost the "Find Battle" icon on all of the tabs. All other icons are still there - dismiss pet, biscuit/sausage, bandage, heal. Just not "Find Battle", which is only on the main window.

Is there any way to get Find Battle back across all tabs like the rest of the icons ?

Can I take this opportunity to say thanks for a such a fantastic addon!
It should still be there, but it may be a different form of button.

If you don't see the little button with the sword icon, look for a red "panel" type button in the bottomright of the window, where you'd see it on the main window too.

If you still can't find it, can you post a screenshot? Or if you'd prefer, can you type /rematch debug in game while looking at the view that has no find battle button? It will bring up a window with your settings that you can copy/paste here. That would let me know what view you're looking at.

Bloodykins
Pet Score:3616
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Bloodykins » January 30th, 2016, 8:48 am

It should still be there, but it may be a different form of button.
Doh! How did I miss that? :P Cheers!

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » February 19th, 2016, 9:28 pm

@Gello - I'm wondering if there is a possibility to write macros to let say change the queue from "Active Sort + Median Level" to "Active Sort + Descending Level"? Or something like loading a filter setting? Would be quite handy :)

Gello

Post by Gello » February 19th, 2016, 9:34 pm

This macro will toggle between Active Sort+Median and Active Sort+Descending:

/run local s=RematchSettings s.QueueActiveSort=true s.QueueSortOrder=(s.QueueSortOrder==3 and 2 or 3) Rematch:ProcessQueue()
If you want more direct macros:

/run local s=RematchSettings s.QueueActiveSort=true s.QueueSortOrder=1 Rematch:ProcessQueue()
will switch to Active Sort+Ascending.

Change the QueueActiveSort=true to false for no active sort and change the QueueSortOrder=1 to 2 for Descending, 3 for Median and 4 for Type.

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » February 19th, 2016, 10:09 pm

Awesome, thanks a lot.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 20th, 2016, 10:08 am

Interesting bug that I have run into. I've seen it with a couple of pets, but I can reproduce it with soul of the forge.

I have 1 level 25 Soul of the Forge. I use standalone double pane mode.
I craft 2 new ones (so I can sell)
I click on each item to learn the pets
In Rematch I only see one of the level 1 pets (I search for Soul of the Forge specifically)
If I go into the normal journal with Rematch turned off, both level 1's show up
In Rematch, both level 1's now show up.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gello

Post by Gello » February 20th, 2016, 11:40 am

Jerebear wrote:Interesting bug that I have run into. I've seen it with a couple of pets, but I can reproduce it with soul of the forge.

I have 1 level 25 Soul of the Forge. I use standalone double pane mode.
I craft 2 new ones (so I can sell)
I click on each item to learn the pets
In Rematch I only see one of the level 1 pets (I search for Soul of the Forge specifically)
If I go into the normal journal with Rematch turned off, both level 1's show up
In Rematch, both level 1's now show up.
Thanks for the report. And this is a very timely post. I know what's causing it and the area that causes it is part of a rewrite/reorganization I'm working on this weekend. It will be fixed in the next update.

The specific cause is that when a pet is learned it triggers a flurry of a specific event (PET_JOURNAL_LIST_UPDATE), and Rematch stops listening to this event for 1.0 second after the pet is learned. So it misses the second pet being learned less than a second after the first. I naively believed there was a GCD to learn a pet, but that seems to be the case only for caged pets. Crafted pets you click to learn have no GCD.

The interim "solution" is to learn them slowly one at a time. But I'll get a fix up probably sometime next week. Thanks!

Robotusch
Pet Score:10391
BattleTag®:Roboe#2913
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Robotusch » February 27th, 2016, 3:20 pm

Apologies if I've missed something obvious, but is there an easy, straight forward way to add all non-25 pets to the levelling queue?

With Squirt coming in soon and me having spent a couple of hundred marks to upgrade level 1 uncommons to rares, it would be nice if I could just click a button or two to add them all to the queue, instead of having to add each manually.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 27th, 2016, 3:33 pm

You can type in the search bar:

level<25

and that will put all non 25 pets in the filter box. Then in the queue drop down select Fill Queue More

The only thing it won't copy over is if you have duplicate pets below 25 (it will copy one of them but not the other). I don't know how to make it do that. The addon is just too smart for me lol! I wish there was a way to force the entire filter results, but that is as close as I have gotten.

Gello

Post by Gello » February 27th, 2016, 4:54 pm

If you filter to Other -> Not Leveling, then you can repeat Fill Queue More 2-3 times until it adds all pets that can level that aren't 25 already. I'll see about making it skip over candidates that are already in the queue so Fill Queue More will do that naturally without filters.

Squirt is a special case so feel free to throw them all in there. The addon can handle it no problem. But in general I don't advocate keeping many hundreds of pets in the queue all the time. It will be awkward to navigate that many pets, it will be hard to find a specific pet among hundreds (though you can always search for it in the pet list), it will take up a bit more memory since the addon stores extra details about pets in the queue, and it will incur a minor performance hit as many pet-related actions will trigger processing over all those pets. It's not enough to be noticed, and this paragraph didn't need written, but I'm just throwing this out there to temper any wishes for a separate filter/search options for the queue. :P

Robotusch
Pet Score:10391
BattleTag®:Roboe#2913
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Robotusch » February 27th, 2016, 4:59 pm

Thank you for the quick replies, that worked a treat :)

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 27th, 2016, 5:57 pm

Gello wrote:I'll see about making it skip over candidates that are already in the queue so Fill Queue More will do that naturally without filters.
Is there a way to make it not skip over candidates at all? Currently, if I have a level 25 Macabre marionette and I want to level 2 more to sell and I use Fill Queue More, it only adds 1 of the 2 marionettes. I would like a way to have it add the entire contents of the filter results regardless as is (assuming they are less than 25 obviously)...Even if there is a 25 version already or if there are multiple ones less than 25.

Gello

Post by Gello » February 27th, 2016, 6:34 pm

It's possible. My fear has been that it would get used by people wanting to add 600 pets to the queue and then they'll come to me to make those 600 pets more manageable. There's also technical issues with rebuilding very large queues from server petID reassignments, but some optimizations may be happening that will dramatically reduce this effect. I'll revisit this possibility once that happens.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 28th, 2016, 10:28 am

I think I may have misunderstood what you wrote anyways.
You said:
I'll see about making it skip over candidates that are already in the queue
I read that as, if I already have a Macabre Marionette in the queue, don't add more. You may have meant if a pet in the filter results has a icon for already being in the queue, skip that one (which I thought it already did???). What were you trying to say?

Note that I am not looking for ways to add large queues (I usually keep it to 10-30 depending on how lazy I am about levelling pets to sell that week). I just want to be able to add 2 macabre marionettes if I have two to level, even if I have a level 25 or one already in the queue.

If you are super worried about large queues, you could do a quick precheck on the queue size + the pets to be added and if it is above some magic number (you would probably have a better idea what this is), pop up a warning about it and allow the person to cancel or continue with adding those pets to the queue.

Thoughts?

Gello

Post by Gello » February 28th, 2016, 12:23 pm

Actually, I appreciate you guys bringing this topic up because I see a logic flaw that's making it not work the way I had believed.

Say the results of search or filter has these three pets:

Level 1 Macabre Marionette <- in the queue
Level 14 Macabre Marionette <- not in the queue
Level 25 Macabre Marionette

"Fill Queue" only adds one version of a pet when it has no copies in the queue or at 25.
"Fill Queue More" adds one version of a pet regardless whether any copies are at 25. However, I neglected to also allow one regardless whether any are already in the queue.

When it encounters the Level 1 version, the "one version" bit is erroneously satisfied and it ignores the rest of the Macabre Marionettes. I can see why the mistake was made and it will be easy enough to fix.

So "Fill Queue More" will be changed to add at least one of each species as long as there's a copy of the species that can go in the queue. If a pet is already in the queue it will ignore it.

So if you have:

Level 1 Macabre Marionette <- not in the queue
Level 14 Macabre Marionette <- not in the queue
Level 25 Macabre Marionette

The first "Fill Queue More"s will add the Level 1 version. Then a second "Fill Queue More" will add the Level 14 version.

The addon is not in a state to post or I'd post a quick fix for this today. But in the meantime if you filter Other -> Not Leveling, then Fill Queue More should behave this way, because it's removing queued pets from the search/filter results.

Once Fill Queue More is behaving properly we'll see if a Fill Queue All is needed. Some early profile tests are looking really good so my reservations about massive queues are not as dire and it probably won't hurt to add it.