Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us
Re: Rematch 4.0

Post by Painbow » October 4th, 2015, 7:03 am

Hi. I'm submitting this video as a bug report because I feel it's better than writing a novel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpGgm-fNfCA

I realized right after I stopped recording that I mistakenly entered the value in "Maximum Health" instead of "Minimum Health" so here's a screenshot showing that neither work properly: http://i.imgur.com/K57vv3k.jpg

Will deleting the team entirely fix it? Could it just be corrupt on this specific team or is it an actual bug?

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » October 4th, 2015, 7:23 am

Painbow wrote:Hi. I'm submitting this video as a bug report because I feel it's better than writing a novel.

I realized right after I stopped recording that I mistakenly entered the value in "Maximum Health" instead of "Minimum Health" so here's a screenshot showing that neither work properly: http://i.imgur.com/K57vv3k.jpg

Will deleting the team entirely fix it? Could it just be corrupt on this specific team or is it an actual bug?
Oops the video appears to be private. I can't view it.

I have to head out of town today but I'll be back tonight and see if I can duplicate the bug (which from the screenshot seems to be a pet being preferred that doesn't meet the criterea).

Do you have pets in the queue that have health between 600 and 1000? It should work that if no pets in the queue meet all criterea it grabs the top-most pet regardless of any criterea.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 4th, 2015, 9:26 am

I'm running version 22. I haven't tested newer versions, but haven't heard you mention a fix to this, so:
when typing in the pet search bar, if the cursor is still inside the search bar, pet cards don't show up when you mouseover pets in the results.

EDIT: this isn't repeatable. must be something else triggering it. Right now it works fine.
Last edited by Jerebear on October 4th, 2015, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Painbow

Post by Painbow » October 4th, 2015, 9:38 am

Gello wrote:
Painbow wrote:Hi. I'm submitting this video as a bug report because I feel it's better than writing a novel.

Oops the video appears to be private. I can't view it.

I have to head out of town today but I'll be back tonight and see if I can duplicate the bug (which from the screenshot seems to be a pet being preferred that doesn't meet the criterea).

Do you have pets in the queue that have health between 600 and 1000? It should work that if no pets in the queue meet all criterea it grabs the top-most pet regardless of any criterea.
The video works now. Sorry about that.

Delis
Pet Score:8891
Realm:Andorhal-us

Post by Delis » October 4th, 2015, 11:30 am

I noticed in the latest beta that if you go to Filter -> Breeds that the labels of the breeds are missing. The check boxes show and work properly.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370

Post by Jerebear » October 4th, 2015, 2:46 pm

I was actually parked at Shu trying out new teams on an alt. This does not occur for me. I can set prefs and it will reload a new carry pet that meets the prefs. If I undo the prefs it reloads the pet at the top of my queue. I wish there was a way for me to export settings so we could compare. I tried with both mouseover and manual targetting modes. Both swapped pets correctly. I'll play with it some more. I tried with beta version 24 for reference.

Can you make a copy of your saved variables file, go in it and find the Shu entry and post that here? Perhaps the entry for the tamer is somehow corrupted.

EDIT: here is my shu entry:
[66739] = {
{
"BattlePet-0-000004C54C62", -- [1]
421, -- [2]
440, -- [3]
595, -- [4]
87, -- [5]
}, -- [1]
{
0, -- [1]
}, -- [2]
{
"BattlePet-0-0000000F0FD3", -- [1]
384, -- [2]
204, -- [3]
209, -- [4]
116, -- [5]
}, -- [3]
["minHP"] = 400,
["maxXP"] = 22,
["teamName"] = "Wastewalker Shu",
},
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Painbow

Post by Painbow » October 4th, 2015, 3:06 pm

Jere, this is what it looks like in mine:

[66739] = {
{
"BattlePet-0-00000520DC00", -- [1]
626, -- [2]
506, -- [3]
573, -- [4]
1042, -- [5]
}, -- [1]
{
0, -- [1]
}, -- [2]
{
"BattlePet-0-00000618B2CE", -- [1]
384, -- [2]
204, -- [3]
209, -- [4]
116, -- [5]
}, -- [3]
["tab"] = 7,
["teamName"] = "Wastewalker Shu",
["minXP"] = 4,
["maxHP"] = 1000,
["minHP"] = 600,
},

Gello

Post by Gello » October 4th, 2015, 5:39 pm

Thanks for the video. Your preferences are disabled. Hit the Queue button and uncheck "No Preferences".

I suspect the "cancel" button besides preferences is tempting to hit (to dismiss the line telling you preferences are active), but that actually turns off preferences. I'll get rid of that cancel button; maybe even the whole line especially now that the queue is so cramped with loadouts at the top.

edit: I'm going to remove that line and move the blue "preferences" button beside the number of pets in the queue. It would serve its function there just as well without taking up that space (notification that prefererences running, allow viewing what preferences active, and editing the preferences if the user wants).
Last edited by Gello on October 4th, 2015, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gello

Post by Gello » October 4th, 2015, 5:50 pm

Delis wrote:I noticed in the latest beta that if you go to Filter -> Breeds that the labels of the breeds are missing. The check boxes show and work properly.
What breed addon are you using? Battle Pet Breed ID or PetTracker_Breeds? I can't begin to think what would cause the labels to not show, but the two addons are so drastically different I'd need to know which to have a starting point.

I'm so retarded. PetTracker_Breeds labels have stopped working for some reason. I should've tested that before posting. Thanks for heads up! I'll get this fixed.

edit: This is fixed for the update I'll be posting tonight. Thanks again for mentioning it!

Delis
Pet Score:8891
Realm:Andorhal-us

Post by Delis » October 4th, 2015, 7:29 pm

I got around to testing the new changes to the Toast notification this weekend and like the way it Toast whenever the level pet changes. Thanks for the update on this. Hopefully you do not find it to be too much and keep it the way it is.

Would it be possible for you to add the pet level to the toast?

Would it be possible to so the Summon Random Pet/Dismiss Pet button could be called from a macro?

Thanks

Delis

Gello

Post by Gello » October 4th, 2015, 8:02 pm

Delis wrote:I got around to testing the new changes to the Toast notification this weekend and like the way it Toast whenever the level pet changes. Thanks for the update on this. Hopefully you do not find it to be too much and keep it the way it is.

Would it be possible for you to add the pet level to the toast?

Would it be possible to so the Summon Random Pet/Dismiss Pet button could be called from a macro?

Thanks

Delis
Yeah I'm okay with the extra toasts. After going out and doing a round of pets it seemed to be fine.

I'm nervous about making too many changes to those toasts. They actually belong to the default UI. Rematch hijacks them and tweaks a couple things and fires it off, then undoes its tweaks after it finishes. But making it look more like the pet icons (level bubble, favorite star, etc) may be cool.

/rfp and /dismisspet are default commands to summon a random favorite pet (and dismiss whatever pet is out).

Painbow

Post by Painbow » October 5th, 2015, 6:42 am

Gello wrote:

Thanks for the video. Your preferences are disabled. Hit the Queue button and uncheck "No Preferences".

I suspect the "cancel" button besides preferences is tempting to hit (to dismiss the line telling you preferences are active), but that actually turns off preferences. I'll get rid of that cancel button; maybe even the whole line especially now that the queue is so cramped with loadouts at the top.

edit: I'm going to remove that line and move the blue "preferences" button beside the number of pets in the queue. It would serve its function there just as well without taking up that space (notification that prefererences running, allow viewing what preferences active, and editing the preferences if the user wants).
What the? I've never even seen that "No preferences" button. But if that's really the case, why doesn't it ever queue a level 23 or 24 pet for me? All my pets stop at level 24.

Gello

Post by Gello » October 5th, 2015, 11:37 am

Painbow wrote:What the? I've never even seen that "No preferences" button. But if that's really the case, why doesn't it ever queue a level 23 or 24 pet for me? All my pets stop at level 24.
Yeah, in retrospect, it was really awful design. Sorry about that! But I'm glad you brought it up because it definitely needed a change, so thanks! I will go back and re-test leveling pets through 24 later, but they should go all the way to 25 if "No Preferences" is checked.

And thanks to everyone else who's posted in this thread, and those in the other thread too!

4.0 has been posted to both wowinterface and curse and goes live as of today. There will certainly be more updates to come, but it seems very stable right now and I'm overall very happy with the result.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » October 5th, 2015, 12:47 pm

Gello wrote:4.0 has been posted to both wowinterface and curse and goes live as of today. There will certainly be more updates to come, but it seems very stable right now and I'm overall very happy with the result.
Congratulations, Gello! It's a great addon, and thanks for putting so much work into it. :)

Superflypixie
Pet Score:4517

Post by Superflypixie » October 5th, 2015, 7:41 pm

Gello wrote:4.0 has been posted to both wowinterface and curse and goes live as of today. There will certainly be more updates to come, but it seems very stable right now and I'm overall very happy with the result.

Congrats and thanks for your help and hard work!

Is it ok to install 4.0 (through the curse client) over the beta? Or is there some other method to ensure I don't lose my teams?

Kayhos
Pet Score:5741
Realm:Blackwater Raiders-us

Post by Kayhos » October 5th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Gello wrote:And thanks to everyone else who's posted in this thread, and those in the other thread too!

4.0 has been posted to both wowinterface and curse and goes live as of today. There will certainly be more updates to come, but it seems very stable right now and I'm overall very happy with the result.
No thank you for listening to our comments and working this hard on your addon, you're making

Only thing I wished this addon had is more support for PVP stuff, but I understand that you aren't into that.

Gello

Post by Gello » October 5th, 2015, 10:48 pm

Superflypixie wrote:Is it ok to install 4.0 (through the curse client) over the beta? Or is there some other method to ensure I don't lose my teams?
Yep perfectly fine. Your teams are safe.

But it never hurts to back up teams now and then too:
If you're hyper-paranoid (which is fine!), there are a couple backup options. The best is to backup the actual data:
- Find the file World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\(Youraccountname)\SavedVariables\Rematch.lua.
- If you're on a Windows machine with a standard install it's possible this file is in Virtual Store: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\ (replace %username% with your Windows Account username, and make sure hidden files and folders are shown).
- All your teams and settings are stored in that file.
- Copy the file to someplace safe where you can restore it if anything ever happens. (Which won't be as a result of this update!)

For a low-tech in-game backup alternative:
- In game, right-click a team tab and "Export Teams" or "Export Tab". This will show a dialog with all teams in the tab in string format.
- Copy the text and paste it in an email to yourself or in a text file someplace safe.
- Repeat for each tab you want to backup.
- If you ever need to restore the teams you can use Import and paste that text to recreate those teams.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » October 6th, 2015, 7:38 pm

I have to echo the sentiments here as well. The fact that you work so diligently in considering the feedback you're given has made this a truly top notch addon for the pet battling community. So absolutely thank you for all the work you do. As the users of your addon(s), we truly appreciate it! :)

Aranesh
Pet Score:7380
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Aranesh » October 7th, 2015, 5:26 am

CONGRATULATIONS!

An absolutely great achievement and I'm sure you will hear loads of praise and compliments, both absolutely deserved!

I'll start translating this now, doesn't seem so much text tbh.
From a technical point of view, I need to take the Template.lua, make a copy + rename to Rematch deDE.lua, and start translating everything. Aye?

Ironwolfe
MVP
Pet Score:9856
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Ironwolfe » October 7th, 2015, 5:53 am

Congratulations!

I really do appreciate all your efforts in this great addon, and the amount of time and effort you spent to answer everyones questions, well, it just blows me away.

Well done!