Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
Re: Rematch 4.0

Post by Gráinne » September 13th, 2015, 2:38 pm

Aranesh wrote:I noticed that the leveling queue is saved per character.
I'm not seeing that. All my characters share a queue.

I changed the queue on one character, and the change was reflected in another.

Then I logged a lowbie alt I haven't played in at least a year, and it has the same queue as all the others.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 13th, 2015, 3:48 pm

Aranesh wrote:Got another request as well :-)
I noticed that the leveling queue is saved per character. Doesn't really make sense considering pets are battle.net account bound. I don't know if that's technically possible, but it would of course be cool if all my twinks shared the same leveling queue.
The queue is account wide for both myself and my wife.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » September 13th, 2015, 8:13 pm

Yeah the queue is global. Is the top pet a moonkin hatchling? The queue should grab the first pet it can load and skip the wrong-factioned moonkin hatchling at the top. So an alliance character may have a different pet slotted in leveling slots vs a horde player with the same queue. (Though after just typing all that, I'm not 100% certain this works, it needs testing.)

A new build posted tonight (beta-17).

To address some confusion about the pet card sometimes-sticky placement, I've reworked the whole business of pet card position locking:
- The lock button on the pet card is replaced with a pin button that only appears when the pet card is pinned to a location on screen.
- Added pet card option "Allow Pet Cards To Be Pinned" that will permit cards to stay pinned when moved.
- When this option is unchecked (default), pet cards can still be moved, but further pet cards will display like a tooltip beside the pet and not to the position last moved.

So if you have your pet card in a favorite spot on the screen, and you see it now docking to pets like a tooltip, go into options and check "Allow Pet Cards To Be Pinned." It should return to that spot.

I've also increased the single-panel view by 20% and added Save and Save As... buttons. The planned "Save For Target" button was dropped. It made the window too wide imho (when toolbar buttons are positioned so they don't move on expand/collapse).

And there's still no way to load a target from the single-panel view yet. That will likely be in the next update as a little panel that only appears when you have something targeted with a saved team not loaded (like it does while minimized). With leveling slot expanded, active sort enabled and a team with preferences loaded, there will be like 4 pets visible in the queue with this panel up. So definitely no space to have one always there in single-panel view.

So it seems there will be minimal target business in the single-panel view. I guess this is tolerably okay since anyone setting up teams can use one of the other views.
Jerebear wrote:Request:
Standalone version: option to load on login (minimized version). I use the minimized version 90% of the time and keep it loaded unless it gets in the way of something (rare, but happens). Having it load on login would be a nice quality of life, but since it loads when you load a target, it isn't a make or break kind of thing for me.
I've added "Keep Window On Screen" -> "Even Across Sessions" to do this, except it won't auto-minimize.

There are many people who use this addon expanded 100% of the time and never minimize it. I don't know if these same people would find this option useful since the window is rather large, but I'd like to minimize the auto-minimizing this addon does or it would limit options that apply to those users. Let me know if this is an issue.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 13th, 2015, 10:10 pm

That's fine. Doesn't need to be minimized. Last state is absolutely fine.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Malekith
Pet Score:4448
Realm:Los Errantes-eu

Post by Malekith » September 14th, 2015, 4:26 am

Thank you, [profile]Gello[/profile]. Your AddOn is fantastic.

Aranesh
Pet Score:7380
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Aranesh » September 14th, 2015, 4:58 am

Thanks for the update! I'll give it a try tonight :-)
And as for the other characters, currently I have completely separate queues for some reason. Main character has 8-10 in the queue, twink has zero. Both alliance. No moonkin hatchling involved.
I'll wipe my WTF files before installing the new version and will test this more.

Strathis
Pet Score:10493
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Strathis » September 14th, 2015, 8:26 am

Dear Gello

Sorry it took me so long to read your answer, though I am sure you would work on the issues anyway. But let me comment some things about the addon again.
Gello wrote: Thanks for the bug report. I'll look into the dead pets not loading issue. Are the dead pets in the leveling queue? Can you describe the team that's attempting to load the dead pet?
The pet was dead, rare quality, max level, used in a team for some of the battles in the garrison (Pandaren Water Spirit). I also do some of the daily tamers in Pandaria, and since the Anubisath Idol is a pet that is used in many battles, I noticed it also happened when this pet was dead.
Gello wrote:Also are any of the pets in the affected team greyed out in the team list? Greyed-out pets are ones that the addon thinks have been caged and/or received/imported for which you don't have a version pet. The system for replacing the pet with one you know is not 100% implemented yet. This may describe the behavior you're seeing. (But the behavior should go away once you heal your pets; so this probably isn't the problem.)
No. The list is made of pet I used almost since I started doing pet battles, though I have to check the whole teams now because recently I send some pets to a friend and later got another one to level up. Unfortunatelly, I'm not sure if it was a problem, because my Anubisath Idol is one pet that is still the same.

I noticed that when a pet is missing the addon tries to replace it with an equivalent. This seems to be working just fine, but I'm going to pay more attention and I will eventually come back to report any problem, if there is any. ;)
Gello wrote:For a minimum level or minimum health, you can do either or both with team preferences and the leveling queue. If you right-click a team that has a leveling slot (blue arrow icon), you should see a "Set Preferences" menu option. From there you can choose either a min level or health. So if you enter 700hp minimum health on a team, it will prefer leveling pets with at least 700hp when you load the team.

If you tend to swap leveling pets manually a lot, and want the team to reload to pick a leveling pet for you (and the team contains one of those blue arrow leveling slots), you can click the name of the team above the loaded pets and it will reload a team and pull a pet from the queue that best fits the preferences you've chosen (or top of the queue if no preferences defined or No Preferences checked in the queue).
Ok, it seems I have not yet explored the preferences properly. I will try that. Anyway, it sounds great.

I also have been reading the whole thread, and I'm very gratefull that you are taking your time to answer all comments. Feels like you are a commited to do a great job. ;)

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » September 14th, 2015, 1:36 pm

Okay my test was blatantly interrupted by the addon not working right now.
To make sure it's not another addon interfering I cleared WTF/Interface/Cache completely and installed only Rematch Version: 4.0.0-beta-17 afterwards.
Flicking on the Pet panel results in this LUA error:

Message: Interface\AddOns\Rematch\Panels\TeamPanel.lua:123: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Time: 09/14/15 20:32:02
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Rematch\Panels\TeamPanel.lua:123: in function `PopulateTeamList'
Interface\AddOns\Rematch\Panels\TeamPanel.lua:34: in function `Update'
Interface\AddOns\Rematch\Main.lua:78: in function `UpdateUI'
Interface\AddOns\Rematch\Frames\Journal.lua:136: in function <Interface\AddOns\Rematch\Frames\Journal.lua:66>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function `SetShown'
...AddOns\Blizzard_Collections\Blizzard_Collections.lua:30: in function `CollectionsJournal_UpdateSelectedTab'
...AddOns\Blizzard_Collections\Blizzard_Collections.lua:4: in function `CollectionsJournal_SetTab'
[string "*:OnClick"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

Locals: <none>

Attached a screenshot of the pet window.
Attachments
rematch.JPG
rematch.JPG (136.24KiB)Viewed 11613 times

Gello

Post by Gello » September 14th, 2015, 1:59 pm

Aranesh wrote:Okay my test was blatantly interrupted by the addon not working right now.
To make sure it's not another addon interfering I cleared WTF/Interface/Cache completely and installed only Rematch Version: 4.0.0-beta-17 afterwards.
Flicking on the Pet panel results in this LUA error:

Message: Interface\AddOns\Rematch\Panels\TeamPanel.lua:123: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Time: 09/14/15 20:32:02
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Rematch\Panels\TeamPanel.lua:123: in function `PopulateTeamList'

Thanks for the report! The error is related to team tabs and I've been able to reproduce it. I'll have a fix up later today.

edit: If you want to get the addon working in the meantime, paste this to chat:

Code: Select all

/run RematchSettings.SelectedTab = 1
edit2: beta-18 just posted should fix this. Let me know if it's still having issues.

Delis
Pet Score:8891
Realm:Andorhal-us

Post by Delis » September 14th, 2015, 10:31 pm

I really like the new changes. Would love to see the "Show on Injured" option added back in.

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » September 15th, 2015, 6:25 am

Works! I'm seriously impressed by the speed of your replies :-)

Regarding the locking of pet cards: I love the new feature and having the option to toggle on / off is great. Thanks!
I also figured out why my twinks are not showing the level pets: they are on a different account. Same battle.net, but different wow license. Within the same wow license the queue is shared, that works without a problem.

I have no idea if there is a possibility to recognize wow licences on the same battle.net account. It would make sense for the pets, but I'd assume there is no option for it.

Gello

Post by Gello » September 16th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Going back to the import/export in plain text thing. How is this:

A team with a target and preferences (and notes)
Aki the Chosen
(NPC#66741)
--------------
1: Zandalari Kneebiter (1/2/1)
2: Clockwork Gnome (1/1/1)
3: Leveling Pet

Preferred leveling pets: at least 500 health (or any magic/mechanical, mechanical damage expected).

Notes go here.
Team where the name of the team doesn't match the name of the target:
Archimedes Samm and Jahan
(Challenge Post NPC#85627)
--------------------------
1: Nexus Whelpling (1/2/2)
2: Nexus Whelpling (1/2/2)
3: Chrominius (1/1/2)
Something with all preferences (I'd like to rephrase "at most level x" and "at least level x" to get the x within the text to make it easier to parse.):
Team of Testingness
(Old MacDonald NPC#65648)
-------------------------
1: Enchanted Broom (1/2/1)
2: Leveling Pet
3: Weebomination (1/1/2)

Preferred leveling pets: at least 10 health (magical damage expected); at most 5000 health; at least level 5.2; at most level 23.5.

Notes go here.
A team where there is no target:
Howl Bomb
---------
1: Pandaren Water Spirit (1/2/2)
2: Chrominius (1/1/2)
3: Emerald Proto-Whelp (2/2/2)
A few notes:
  • Some unique npcIDs share a name (Erris/Kura) so every team with a target requires an npcID in the export to uniquely identify that npc. I'm not sure if there's a better place/format to include them.
  • There will be checkboxes in the export dialog to include preferences and/or notes.
  • There will also be a checkbox to use the above format or the "name of team:123:456:789:0123:etc" format (otherwise a team could never be shared with users of a different language--pets have different names in different languages).
  • You can edit these and within reason it will import around the edits fine: it will lift breed nomenclature like P/P out before parsing and ignore everything after the (1/1/1) bit.
  • As mentioned above I'd like to rephrase "at most level x" and "at least level x" to get the x within the text to make it easier to parse. "at most 23 levels" and "at least 5 levels" sounds weird. Or does it?
  • Breeds will NOT be included in the export, sorry! It would guarantee an expectation that it interpret those same breeds on import. Interpreting breeds on an import is absolutely off the table until at least I know what's coming for Legions as far as API. If this plain-text export/import is not going to be useful without breeds, let me know. It can wait until Legions and it'll use "name of team:123:456:etc" format until then.
  • But as I said, you can edit breeds into the text when you post it, and any breed text within will be ignored. (within reason; it will expect P/P or (P/P) or (3-P/P) or [3-P/P] or [P/P] and pull those bits out)
The goal is to get something where teams can be shared with others in a legible format that don't use Rematch.

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » September 17th, 2015, 1:53 am

Is it intended that Saving a team always loses Notes?

Found on -16. Confirmed on -18.

Do this:

1. Select a team. Set Notes.

2. Type a Note and click the Save button at the bottom-right of the Notes box.

3. Click the Save button below the team list.

I have done this for the Blingtron 4000 team, with results in the screenshot linked below.

The Notes panel is not dismissed and still displays the note that was there. However, the Notes icon is now gone from the team, a Set Notes brings up a blank Notes panel, and a /reload does not restore the notes.

http://i.imgur.com/3f7yYbD.png

Gello

Post by Gello » September 17th, 2015, 5:14 am

Gráinne wrote:Is it intended that Saving a team always loses Notes?

Found on -16. Confirmed on -18.

Do this:

1. Select a team. Set Notes.

2. Type a Note and click the Save button at the bottom-right of the Notes box.

3. Click the Save button below the team list.

I have done this for the Blingtron 4000 team, with results in the screenshot linked below.

The Notes panel is not dismissed and still displays the note that was there. However, the Notes icon is now gone from the team, a Set Notes brings up a blank Notes panel, and a /reload does not restore the notes.

http://i.imgur.com/3f7yYbD.png
It's not intended. I'll have a fix up tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the report!

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » September 17th, 2015, 8:44 am

Today in the Menagerie is Squirt Day.

I long ago saved a team with Tyri as Target. It is Tyri as Target, not Squirt.

I'd like a second team for different levelling pets.

I set up my team. I can Save As any name I want, but I can't Save As with Deebs as Target, and I can't Save As with Puzzle as target.

I can save with Lio as Target, or Seer Kazal as Target, but not Tyri or Deebs.

This may not be a bug, but a condition I haven't tried before; I'm not sure.

Gello

Post by Gello » September 17th, 2015, 3:20 pm

Gráinne wrote:Today in the Menagerie is Squirt Day.

I long ago saved a team with Tyri as Target. It is Tyri as Target, not Squirt.

I'd like a second team for different levelling pets.

I set up my team. I can Save As any name I want, but I can't Save As with Deebs as Target, and I can't Save As with Puzzle as target.

I can save with Lio as Target, or Seer Kazal as Target, but not Tyri or Deebs.

This may not be a bug, but a condition I haven't tried before; I'm not sure.
That behavior is kinda intended, actually.
05/15/2015 version 3.5.3
- When you interact with a challenge post pet hanging around the post, Rematch will interact with the challenge post itself, unless you have a team already saved for that pet.
Squirt is not a challenge post, and it's very arguable that she should be treated like all the other tamers (where targeting their pets targets the pet and not the tamer). Except she's standing far back in that little clearing and Deebs, Tyri and Puzzle are standing way out front wandering around. It "feels" like a challenge post so she was included in that behavior.

Challenge posts can't be targeted, so this was the solution to allow people without auto load to interact with them. The new recent target panel was supposed to catch the challenge post on mouseover too, but this targeting-pets-targets-challenge-post seems adequate.

But as I said it's arguable whether Squirt should be treated like a challenge post. I'm not opposed to changing her status. Or maybe having a modifier key prevent redirecting the target or something.

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » September 18th, 2015, 4:59 am

Gello wrote:Squirt is not a challenge post, and it's very arguable that she should be treated like all the other tamers (where targeting their pets targets the pet and not the tamer). Except she's standing far back in that little clearing and Deebs, Tyri and Puzzle are standing way out front wandering around. It "feels" like a challenge post so she was included in that behavior.

Challenge posts can't be targeted, so this was the solution to allow people without auto load to interact with them. The new recent target panel was supposed to catch the challenge post on mouseover too, but this targeting-pets-targets-challenge-post seems adequate.

But as I said it's arguable whether Squirt should be treated like a challenge post. I'm not opposed to changing her status. Or maybe having a modifier key prevent redirecting the target or something.
I'm sorry; I don't want to tie you up on this. It's a minor point.

My sense is that since Squirt is visually recognisable as a unique NPC, and targetable, it's more intuitive to allow both her and her bets to be separate targets.

I also note that I do actually have two separate teams targeting Rukus and Brutus, even though they come with a Challence Post - it's a neat hack to provide for two separate teams for one battle. Is this consistent with "targeting-pets-targets-challenge-post"?

Gello

Post by Gello » September 18th, 2015, 5:55 am

Gráinne wrote:My sense is that since Squirt is visually recognisable as a unique NPC, and targetable, it's more intuitive to allow both her and her bets to be separate targets.

I also note that I do actually have two separate teams targeting Rukus and Brutus, even though they come with a Challence Post - it's a neat hack to provide for two separate teams for one battle. Is this consistent with "targeting-pets-targets-challenge-post"?
I'll think on this. What do others think about targeting one of Squirt's pets automatically assuming Squirt as a target?

If you have a team saved from before May of this year (when the targeting redirect business was added), the addon will not redirect the target. So if you had a saved team for Rukus and another for Brutus separately before that update, it will continue to react as if those were two separate targets. If you ever delete either team you should find that the target of the deleted team will redirect to their challenge post instead.

It will soon be possible to specify an exact npcID if a user wants: export a team, change to the npcID and re-import it. (You can do this now for the live version) Entering a raw npcID into the save dialog may eventually be possible, but I'm terrified of the support issues this would cause.

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » September 18th, 2015, 12:35 pm

Going back to the import/export business then.
Do I assume correctly that all options you posted are one suggestion just with different settings in them, depending on what information is actually present in the teams setup?

I have to say I do like it. There is not much to say because it is a very legible display and it's also among the most commonly used ways to display pets on the internet in my eyes.
Regarding the preferred pet level: I can't check at the moment but do you even offer a "at most level x" option? Maybe I'm missing something but I can't really think of a situation where that is actually necessary - as in what benefit does it have. Perhaps you don't even need it at all?

If it's required, how about... "Level pet Minimum level X and maximum level X" ?
Or you could phrase it depending on what information is available:
"Level Pet should be higher than level X"
"Level Pet should be lower than level X"
"Level Pet should be between level X and level X"

Just some ideas.
And one question: The export using IDs (team:123:456:789:0123:etc") - will it also include the notes and the level pet min/max instructions? Would make a big difference for the rematch strings generated on my page and I'd absolutely love to include that info!

Gello

Post by Gello » September 18th, 2015, 2:36 pm

Aranesh wrote:Going back to the import/export business then.
Do I assume correctly that all options you posted are one suggestion just with different settings in them, depending on what information is actually present in the teams setup?

I have to say I do like it. There is not much to say because it is a very legible display and it's also among the most commonly used ways to display pets on the internet in my eyes.
Regarding the preferred pet level: I can't check at the moment but do you even offer a "at most level x" option? Maybe I'm missing something but I can't really think of a situation where that is actually necessary - as in what benefit does it have. Perhaps you don't even need it at all?

If it's required, how about... "Level pet Minimum level X and maximum level X" ?
Or you could phrase it depending on what information is available:
"Level Pet should be higher than level X"
"Level Pet should be lower than level X"
"Level Pet should be between level X and level X"

Just some ideas.
And one question: The export using IDs (team:123:456:789:0123:etc") - will it also include the notes and the level pet min/max instructions? Would make a big difference for the rematch strings generated on my page and I'd absolutely love to include that info!
Yeah the four examples posted are using the same export algorithm and the import would be able to create a team by lifting out elements of the text.

There is a maximum level preference. There's two common uses of a maximum level:
- To prevent wasting xp. If a tamer would give more than enough xp for a 24-level pet to hit 25, then that little extra xp is wasted. So if a team has a max level of 23.5, then it would prefer pets below level 23-and-50%-towards-24 so that the full xp from the tamer is given.
- To prefer low level pets. Ashlei, Mo'ruk, Thundering Pandaren Spirit and likely others are very good for level 1 pets because they don't take any damage. If you set a max level of say 5, then as you do your rounds it will prefer those low level pets from the queue so they'll be more durable when it comes their turn again to fight something that will inflict actual damage to the pet.

The next update will have a maximum health too, which I personally think is kind of wasteful. There's only one tamer where it matters (Lil' Oondasta) and that tamer typically isn't used to level pets. But it only took a few lines of code to add it so it's not a great burden to everyone who uses this addon and won't use the preference.

For cleaner parsing I was wanting to get the X within the text and not at the end ("something X"=bad "something X something"=good) due to the decimal business. ([%d%.]+ will capture "23.5" and "23.5." and the latter isn't a valid number.) But I've since realized this is an unnecessary consideration since the final period can be simply dropped or lifted out early.

For the "name of team:1234:123:etc" business including notes and preferences also, maybe, maybe not. My hope is that plain-text imports will become more commonplace than the strings, which may or may not get encoded into a compressed format. This string format is changing too (to account for eventual inclusion of breeds) but the old format will continue to be supported on import.

Unfortunately as I suspected this part of the addon (including notes in that string for cross-client or multi-team purposes) is proving a lot more challenging than all other parts of the addon. There are some limitations that it has to contend with:
- Blizzard has removed file i/o from addons so every export/import has to be from the clipboard via copy/paste in an editbox.
- WoW editboxes are not meant to handle large amounts of text. The client literally locks up.
- You can't transmit long strings from one addon to another.

So some compression has to get involved. Especially when exporting a whole tab's worth of teams. And said compression must handle UTF-8+BOM (Rematch has always worked in all languages, even Russian and Chinese clients which don't use standard ASCII characters). I also worry that the plain-text localized patterns may not translate well, but that's a major reason the string format will still be supported. Unfortunately every localization effort has died off so I'm not going to stress over this one too much.

So...I may drastically scale back the intended plan. It may be that notes and preferences can only be exported/imported in plain text for single teams. And the "name of team:1234:123:etc" format will not include notes and preferences. So exporting a whole tab of teams or sending a team to another will drop notes/preferences. I may even drop the new string format and go back to the old while researching the problem areas (compression/UTF-8+BOM). Just to get this addon live and out of beta this month instead of several months from now.