Rematch 5.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Capnrocket
Pet Score:12860
Realm:Stormrage-us
Re: Rematch 5.0

Post by Capnrocket » December 28th, 2023, 10:54 am

Gello,

I have both those screens show but I more meant to have them in a combined view the way the older version had it because i liked the ability to remain on the summary screen while being able to check things like the max level pets. If its too complicated to do please dont do it, i was just hoping it might be a simple-ish adjustment that could be done because i really liked the way the older view had them all on a single tab. <3

thanks in advance,
Rocket

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » December 28th, 2023, 2:01 pm

Oh sorry misunderstood. It's not a very complicated change but it would take some time. I can take a look.

Mot
Pet Score:13544
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Mot » December 30th, 2023, 6:19 am

Gello wrote:
November 12th, 2023, 3:45 pm
The little buttons to go to top/bottom of lists is removedto use the new scrollbars with variable-height thumb. It may return later.

[…]
Just a "bump" in case you have time to bring this little feature back. An alternative would be to make a click on the scroll bar jump to the position instead of scrolling up/down one page.

BTW, I noticed that a right click on a scroll bar arrow "locks" the mouse so that hovering over the arrow (without holding down any mouse button) will scroll the window. Is this intentional? Seems a bit incoherent, GUI-wise, so I'm asking.

– Tom

Gello

Post by Gello » December 30th, 2023, 8:08 am

The buttons to scroll to top/bottom would probably be a 5.1.0 update since it'd happen alongside a rework of the scrollframes/scrollbars used throughout the addon. (Specifically, changing textures to use the one Blizzard switched to in 10.1 or 10.2, moving the scrollbars outside the list inset, and a potential scroll speed option that works for variable-height buttons.) It's on my list but I don't have an ETA. Feel free to bump again if no sign of it in a month or two.

That right-click behavior is built-in to Blizzard's scrollbar template now. If you do it in any other default-UI list (default pet journal, currency list, etc.) you'll see it's the same behavior.

Waveryn
Pet Score:13711
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » January 3rd, 2024, 3:35 pm

Hi Gello, I love the addon but did not play all summer and last night tried to import some teams from XF FU's and things did work as they used to for me. I just switched back to version 4.15 and it was what I was used to. The problem I was having ( never had any script add on and had no clue how they worked, I guess can run the fights for you?) I always just clicked the copy rematch button on XU FU and pasted the team, it always gave me the little recipe thingy and I opened it just to see the text steps of the fight. When I tried that last evening in the 5.0 (updated) it gave me text I did not understand not the list of steps of the actual battle I am used to. (screen shot below of what I am used to). I would like the new version but need to figure out how to make it work, I like to run the fights myself but do like seeing the text of the strategy if that is possible?
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_010324_151432.jpg
WoWScrnShot_010324_151432.jpg (90.98KiB)Viewed 63897 times
Wave

Gello

Post by Gello » January 3rd, 2024, 3:44 pm

If you have time can you post a screenshot of what you got in 5.0? I'm not sure what the text was that you saw.

Waveryn

Post by Waveryn » January 3rd, 2024, 8:27 pm

Gello wrote:
January 3rd, 2024, 3:44 pm
If you have time can you post a screenshot of what you got in 5.0? I'm not sure what the text was that you saw.
I upgraded back to 5, and imported a team the text seemed ok, this time, I noticed some did not have a strategy so I think I tried to paste the script text and that is what I could not read. LOL
On this screen shot by all of the notes is a circular red mark, what is that? And if I close rematch the small text window will not stay open in the upgraded version.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot.jpg
WoWScrnShot.jpg (169.57KiB)Viewed 63873 times
Wave

Gello

Post by Gello » January 4th, 2024, 4:42 am

The red "target" icon means that team has at least one target. In Rematch 4, teams with a target were colored white and teams without were colored gold. In Rematch 5, teams can be colored by their group so it uses an icon to note which teams have a target.

For the notes window disappearing, go to options tab and then Notes Options and check Keep Notes On Screen. (You can search for the setting too.)

Waveryn

Post by Waveryn » January 4th, 2024, 6:07 am

Gello wrote:
January 4th, 2024, 4:42 am
The red "target" icon means that team has at least one target. In Rematch 4, teams with a target were colored white and teams without were colored gold. In Rematch 5, teams can be colored by their group so it uses an icon to note which teams have a target.

For the notes window disappearing, go to options tab and then Notes Options and check Keep Notes On Screen. (You can search for the setting too.)
Thank You!
Wave

Mot

Post by Mot » January 5th, 2024, 8:05 pm

Gello wrote:
December 30th, 2023, 8:08 am
That right-click behavior is built-in to Blizzard's scrollbar template now. If you do it in any other default-UI list (default pet journal, currency list, etc.) you'll see it's the same behavior.
I didn't know that. Thanks. Seems weird, still.

Justgiz
Pet Score:13304
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Justgiz » January 13th, 2024, 11:36 am

So with another Squirt day, comes another test on the loading multi teams for one target. I got the team switching working, by setting 'Always Interact", and "Auto Load on Target". Awesome!

But Rematch will load the next fully healed team, before trying to see if "Load Healthiest Pets" will load the first team with fully healed pets. I can click on the first team, or click "Load" on the loaded target panel, and Rematch will load the team with alternative pets as expected. But retargeting Squirt will skip the first team and load the next team.

Hope that makes sense.

P.S. I'm using UltraSquirt + PBS to help farm squirt. That's why i switch to Auto Load on Target, as UltraSquirt has a target action before the interact action.

Gello

Post by Gello » January 13th, 2024, 3:22 pm

I assume you have Interact Options -> Prefer Uninjured Teams enabled in addition to Team Options -> Load Healthiest Pets. If not please let me know.

When it chooses a team, the Prefer Uninjured Teams takes priority over Load Healthiest Pets. Doing it the other way (making an analysis of a team it would load to determine if can be made uninjured before moving on to the next team) is possible but it probably won't be soon. The Prefer Uninjured Teams option happens quickly on targeting and the deeper analysis with Load Healthiest Pets doesn't happen until the team starts loading (which is after the team is chosen). I would also like to consider ways to reign in all the automated choices so the rules are simple and predictable.

Gello

Post by Gello » January 13th, 2024, 7:05 pm

A large update posted tonight in the beta channel on curse and this link at wowinterface:
https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/ ... 5Beta.html

I expect this to be a short beta. I need to test all my addons for 10.2.5 readiness tomorrow. If everything looks good this will be released on Tuesday for 10.2.5 patch.

01/13/2024 version 5.1.0-beta-01
  • Added a Pet Herder tool to the Filters menu, to more easily and selectively cage, favorite, level or tag many pets without using a right-click menu. For instance, to cage many pets: go to Filters -> Pet Herder and choose the 'Cage Pet' action. A little cage icon will appear beside all pets that can be caged and clicking the pet will cage the pet without confirmation. When done caging pets, click Done or dismiss the dialog.
  • Pet Markers are renamed to Pet Tags in the UI (internally it will remain Pet Markers as petTags refer to short strings to identify pets)
  • Pet Tags can now be renamed from the right-click Pet Tags menu in the pet list in addition to the filters Pet Tags menu
  • The Pet Tags menu in the right-click pet menu now has radio buttons to indicate which tag the pet currently has
  • Added new options group 'Badge Options' between Appearance Options and Behavior Options
  • Added Badge Option 'Hide Team Badges' to hide the green paw icon on a pet or target to say if it's saved in a team
  • Added Badge Option 'Hide Leveling Badges' to hide the blue arrow icon on a pet to say if it's in the leveling queue (unless Pet Herder is actively set to leveling pets)
  • Added Badge Option 'Hide Pet Tag Badges' to hide the various pet tags (markers) you've assigned to a pet (unless Pet Herder is actively setting/removing pet tags)
  • Added Badge Option 'Hide Target Badges' to hide the red target icon on a team to say if it's saved to a target
  • Added Badge Option 'Hide Preference Badges' to hide the blue cog icon on teams or groups that have saved preferences
  • Added Badge Option 'Hide Notes Badges' to hide the notes button on pets and teams
  • Changed scrollbars to match the appearance of the rest of the modern default WoW UI (with some modifications such as dimming the up/down arrow if the list can't be scrolled up/down)
  • Added scroll-to-top and scroll-to-bottom buttons to all lists to scroll to either end of a list with one click
  • List contents are now a little wider due to slimmer scrollbars
  • Texture adjustments in list headers due to wider list button widths
  • The Pet Collection dialog (summoned from the Totals button in the topleft of the expanded Rematch windw) is now minimizable/maximizable (default minimized)
  • The Battles tab of the Pet Collection dialog now displays a list of top winning teams rather than a single most-winning team
  • Added a checkbutton 'Rank teams by percentage won' to Battles tab of the Pet Collection dialog to pick the top teams by their percent (with wins as a secondary sort) rather than by wins (with percent as a secondary sort)
  • Added Team Option 'Combine Groups Key' dropdown to choose a modifier key to combine groups. This is initially set to 'None' or disabled. After/while you pick up a group onto the cursor, holding this modifier key while dropping the group onto another group will combine the two groups: all teams in the group on the cursor will move to the new group and the original emptied group will be deleted (unless chosen otherwise in the confirmation dialog)
  • Added Notes button to pet cards of pets with saved notes
  • Added Breed Option 'Larger Breed Text' to make breeds like B/B, H/S, etc appear a little larger
  • Slightly increased the size of ability numbers (1/2) on ability slots in the main loadout slots and their flyouts (but not minimized loadout slots)
  • Confirmation Option 'Don't Ask For Queue Removal' renamed to 'Don't Ask To Remove From Queue'
  • Reworked how badges work internally: all badges now go through registration and individual badge handling is now moved out of list buttons
  • Caging or releasing a pet while the pet card is on screen will dismiss the pet card
  • Another fix for Safari Hat not getting cached (and unusable) on login
  • Added more details to settings export
  • Fix for Help Options 'Hide Descriptive Tooltips' hiding Help tooltips in menus
  • Fix for Help menu item in Queue menu not hiding when Help Options 'Hide Extra Help' is checked
  • Fix for the Leveling Queue potentially trying to slot wrong-factioned pets
Some notable updates:

Pet Herder tool in the Filters menu that's styled like the Team Herder for moving teams. This one is for using various actions on multiple pets without using the right-click menus:

Also some options to clean up the cluttered badges:

On far left is a pet list with the options unchecked; to right and part of full window is pet list with all badges disabled (breed too in Breed Options). The 'Show Badges On Mouseover' option didn't make this release may come in a future update. My goal is to have an option so badges only show when you mouseover a pet.

I also went through and made updates so always-hidden badges are still usable, such as adding a Notes button to pet cards and adding an indicator on the Pet Tags menu to say what tag the pet currently has.

You can see it in screenshot above, but the scrollbars are reworked and the top/bottom buttons are back.

Also for the "tall" collections that was recently requested, I made that dialog minimizable and updated the Battles tab a bit:

A bunch of other stuff too, let me know if anything appears bugged or behaving unexpectedly.

Schlumpf
Pet Score:11085
Realm:Antonidas-eu

Post by Schlumpf » January 18th, 2024, 4:57 pm

Giz just gave us a 5.1 compat change (https://github.com/axc450/pbs/pull/80/f ... 2cc98c1R89) for the badge callback. I don't see this change in extending.txt so figure this is a side effect of
  • Reworked how badges work internally: all badges now go through registration and individual badge handling is now moved out of list buttons
We have it fixed now, I guess, so mostly an FYI. If you do want to change it back, we already have compatibility with the old API based on version, so we're fine with keeping or rolling back.

Gello

Post by Gello » January 18th, 2024, 6:46 pm

Doh sorry about that! I thought the change was transparent to any addons that used it but it looks like I goofed by changing the callback arguments.

Mot

Post by Mot » January 19th, 2024, 6:35 am

Added scroll-to-top and scroll-to-bottom buttons to all lists to scroll to either end of a list with one click
Thanks for bringing this back! (And for all the rest too, ofc :)

Justgiz
Pet Score:13304
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Justgiz » February 23rd, 2024, 5:40 pm

Suggestion: Can you make the Revive Pets/Bandage buttons glow/flash like the Safari hat reminder, when the settings "Show Window After Loading" and "Only When Any Pets are Injured" open the window due to a injured pet. I still get confused about why the window opened.

Gello

Post by Gello » February 23rd, 2024, 7:28 pm

I can do that. It won't be this weekend but next weekend is possible.

Caliban
Top Rater
Pet Score:13456
Realm:Anachronos-eu

Post by Caliban » March 10th, 2024, 5:10 am

Hi Gello,

Apologies if this question has been asked already, however, using 5.0, for me it doesn't seem to allow the addon Rematch_TSMPetValues to work. It was never a problem with the previous version. Rematch_TSMPetValues, as you probably know, shows AH prices right below the pets in Rematch, which is very handy and in consequence allows me to use another addon, BattlePetCageMatch.

Is there anything I can do to make Rematch_TSMPetValues work again in tandem with Rematch 5.0? Fortunately I have a backup of my addon folder so I can go back to version 4, which works fine with the two above-mentioned addons, but I'd love to be able to use 5.0 regardless. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Kris

PS: This is the Lua error I get for BattlePetCageMatch, if it helps:

Message: ...ace/AddOns/BattlePetCageMatch/BattlePetCageMatch.lua:940: attempt to index global 'RematchPetPanel' (a nil value)
Time: Sun Mar 10 19:11:56 2024
Count: 2
Stack: ...ace/AddOns/BattlePetCageMatch/BattlePetCageMatch.lua:940: attempt to index global 'RematchPetPanel' (a nil value)
[string "=(tail call)"]: ?
[string "=[C]"]: ?
[string "@Interface/AddOns/BattlePetCageMatch/BattlePetCageMatch.lua"]:940: in function `UpdatePetList_Icons'
[string "@Interface/AddOns/BattlePetCageMatch/BattlePetCageMatch.lua"]:1168: in function <...ace/AddOns/BattlePetCageMatch/BattlePetCageMatch.lua:1168>
[string "=[C]"]: in function `Update'
[string "@Interface/SharedXML/Scroll/ScrollBox.lua"]:258: in function `SetScrollPercentageInternal'
[string "@Interface/SharedXML/Scroll/ScrollBox.lua"]:184: in function `FullUpdateInternal'
[string "@Interface/SharedXML/Scroll/ScrollBox.lua"]:692: in function `FullUpdateInternal'
[string "@Interface/SharedXML/Scroll/ScrollBox.lua"]:146: in function `FullUpdate'
[string "@Interface/SharedXML/Scroll/ScrollBox.lua"]:663: in function <Interface/SharedXML/Scroll/ScrollBox.lua:662>
[string "@Interface/SharedXML/CallbackRegistry.lua"]:178: in function <Interface/SharedXML/CallbackRegistry.lua:177>
[string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_Collections/Blizzard_PetCollection.lua"]:893: in function <...dOns/Blizzard_Collections/Blizzard_PetCollection.lua:887>
[string "=[C]"]: in function `PetJournal_UpdatePetList'
[string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_Collections/Blizzard_PetCollection.lua"]:119: in function <...dOns/Blizzard_Collections/Blizzard_PetCollection.lua:118>
[string "=[C]"]: in function `SetShown'
[string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_Collections/Blizzard_Collections.lua"]:63: in function `CollectionsJournal_UpdateSelectedTab'
[string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_Collections/Blizzard_Collections.lua"]:6: in function `CollectionsJournal_SetTab'
[string "@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua"]:1228: in function `SetCollectionsJournalShown'
[string "@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua"]:1210: in function `ToggleCollectionsJournal'
[string "TOGGLECOLLECTIONSPETJOURNAL"]:1: in function <[string "TOGGLECOLLECTIONSPETJOURNAL"]:1>

Locals: (*temporary) = "down"
(*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1

Gello

Post by Gello » March 10th, 2024, 5:33 am

Unfortunately there are no easy fixes, sorry. Any addon that hooked into Rematch 4 will need updated to hook into Rematch 5. Those hooks are unlikely to be trivial because Rematch 4 and 5 are completely different in many regards.

That said, I'm willing to meet halfway and provide API/hooks to help. For instance, I see Rematch_TSMPetValues adds a line of text beneath each pet. I could make it easy for outside addons to add text there.