Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Re: Rematch 4.0

Post by Jerebear » October 18th, 2015, 9:11 am

I don't mind either way, but a grip on the outside is more intuitive for me at least.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » October 29th, 2015, 12:14 pm

Aranesh wrote:I noticed a completely different issue though which is again related to multi-acount users. As you probably know only one account can use the pet battles at a time, even if 2+ are online on one battle.net. In the standard UI this is indicated:

Hovering or trying to do something with the pets gives an error message saying that only the first logged-in account can use the pets.
Using Rematch however this whole section is overlapped of course. Swapping pets is non-functional with no indication or messaging of what's going on.
Just an update on this problem for people with multiple shared accounts: Today's update (4.0.5) should fix this. Like the default journal, it will mark pet slots as locked when on another shared account (with a tooltip explaining why).

But it's not something I can genuinely test since my second account has to stay separate for testing battle.net stuff. (I was completely unaware of this behavior before Aranesh's post about it. woops)

So if there's any issues with it please let me know!

Zurinekin
Pet Score:4218
BattleTag®:Pineapple#1485
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Zurinekin » October 30th, 2015, 4:11 am

Not sure if I'm having a unique problem or if it's already been mentioned, but when I search for my Warbot he is mysteriously not there. He is in my default pet journal. In order to get him in the leveling queue or in teams I have to do it through the default journal.

Like I said, not sure if that's a unique problem that just I am having or if it's a bug.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 30th, 2015, 6:05 am

can you post two screenshots using a site like imgur or similar:
1. Nothing in the search text bar
2. Your search for him

A lot of times when that happens, it is a filter setting that you didn't realize was on. Some of them are persistent.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gello

Post by Gello » October 30th, 2015, 6:57 am

That's a good call. I didn't even think of filters.

If filters are clear, do words like "war" bring up warpstalker hatchlings and "bot" bring up clockwork rocket bots?

Or are you on a non-english client? Maybe its "desensitizing" is over-zealous. But that would surely show up for other words too.

edit: If the cause was the filters, and you'd like to prevent that behavior again and have filters reset on their own, there's an option under Miscellaneous Options: "Reset Filters On Login". This will clear any filters that were active at the end of the last session.

Zurinekin

Post by Zurinekin » October 31st, 2015, 8:44 pm

Filters have been reset and cleared multiple times. Not really sure what's causing it. I can go to the default journal, stick him in a loaded team, go back to rematch, save the team, and it works fine. Just not showing up in my pet list.

I am using an English client.

The following album should contain:
1) A shot of the default pet journal, where you can clearly see him in the list.
2) A shot of the rematch pet journal, where he is mysteriously absent.
3) A shot of the rematch pet journal, this time with the search for "war" (the warpstalker hatchling shows up, still no warbot).

All sorting is done alphabetically.

imgur. com/a/souoV

(I haven't posted enough to have the ability to post links, just delete the space before "com")

Gello

Post by Gello » November 1st, 2015, 1:06 am

Zurinekin wrote:Filters have been reset and cleared multiple times. Not really sure what's causing it. I can go to the default journal, stick him in a loaded team, go back to rematch, save the team, and it works fine. Just not showing up in my pet list.

I am using an English client.

The following album should contain:
1) A shot of the default pet journal, where you can clearly see him in the list.
2) A shot of the rematch pet journal, where he is mysteriously absent.
3) A shot of the rematch pet journal, this time with the search for "war" (the warpstalker hatchling shows up, still no warbot).

All sorting is done alphabetically.

imgur. com/a/souoV

(I haven't posted enough to have the ability to post links, just delete the space before "com")
Thanks for taking those screenshots. It does rule out a few things. If you don't mind, can you paste this into chat (or you can make a macro of it) with everything plain (no search or filters) like in the second image, and post back the results?

Code: Select all

/run local o,r,rr,p,n=0,Rematch rr=r.Roster for i=1,rr:GetNumPets() do p=rr:GetPetByIndex(i) o=o+(type(p)=="string" and 1 or 0) n=r:GetPetName(p) if n=="Warbot" or n=="Warpstalker Hatchling" then print(n,p,i,type(p)) end end print("owned:",o)
It should display something like:
Warbot BattlePet-0-00012345ABC 680 string
Warpstalker Hatchling BattlePet-0-00012345ABC 681 string
owned: 700
This will tell me how (and where) the Warbot is recognized, in comparison to the Warpstalker Hatchling (which should immediately follow), and whether the total pet count agrees with the number of owned pets rematch sees.

Zurinekin

Post by Zurinekin » November 1st, 2015, 2:31 pm

Copied the string (twice, which is why there are two returned strings), here's the resulting image, no Warbot listed (again, just delete the space before "com"):

imgur. com/aah23zR

Interestingly enough, that claims I have 698 pets as opposed to 700 (which is what the journal says). I assume that means another pet is missing, but I haven't found which one yet.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 1st, 2015, 3:16 pm

Hmm. Yeah the addon doesn't see a Warbot at all. (And possibly another too.)

That the unique pet count between Pet Journal Enhanced and Rematch agree, and that Pet Journal Enhanced sees the Warbot (the "default" pet list in your earlier screenshots actually one generated by PJE which completely replaces the default list with its own) tells me Rematch saw the pet when it was gathering them but it's somehow losing it later. And not just losing it in the list but from the master roster which (should) never get messed with once it's generated.

Total shot in the dark, but if you disable PJE does the Warbot continue to show up? I'm going to guess it does.

Zurinekin

Post by Zurinekin » November 1st, 2015, 3:58 pm

Forgot PJE did that, but yeah, Warbot still shows up in the default when that's turned off. I disabled all pet-related addons aside from Rematch in case there was a weird interaction between the two, but it still shows the same.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 1st, 2015, 4:30 pm

I've just poked at the code relatively thoroughly and don't see where/how this could happen yet. So unfortunately I don't have any leads yet for a fix. But I'll think on some debug code I can slip into the next update to help narrow this down.

edit: One other thing that may be worth testing in the meantime: if you have no pets on loan to friends that you plan to re-learn back later, can you paste this to chat:

/run RematchSettings.Sanctuary={} ReloadUI()
This will reload the UI and rebuild its backup of petIDs. This should have no effect but it's the only other place that directly accesses that master list of pets.

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » November 4th, 2015, 12:17 pm

@Gello - Today I was wondering what "find similar" is actually doing. Does it look for pets with similar movesets or pets with similar looks? And if it looks for similar movesets how precise is it? I'm asking because I thought about how you'd identify "same moveset". If I'm not mistaken and if you define "same moveset" as "you can use all of the 6 spells in every combination" with both pets, then there would be 48 combinations you'd have to check. Wondering if there is a "simpler" way of doing it :)

Gello

Post by Gello » November 4th, 2015, 1:20 pm

"Find similar" looks for pets that share at least 3 common abilities in any order.

On the "how it's done" bit: when you choose find similar from a pet's menu, it saves that pet's 6 abilities to a small lookup table. Then it clears filters and goes through each pet's 6 abilities and sees if it's in the lookup table. If there are three then it will list the pet. So at most there's 6 comparisons, at minium 3 comparisons per pet.

When you look at the pet card you'll see a gold border around at least 3 abilities. These are the abilities that matched the "find similar" source.

A "moveset" is the list of abilities in the same order. Ability A,X,C,B,D,L must match exactly A,X,C,B,D,L in that order to be considered the same moveset. X,A,B,C,L,D would not be the same moveset. On this one, before it begins filtering, if and only if movesets are being filtered, it generates a table of all possible movesets into concatenated strings ("AXCBDL") and uses direct string comparisons to tell if movesets are the same. When the filtering is done it wipes the table.

@Zurinekin: If you haven't found Warbot yet, one other thing I forgot about. Check to make sure he's not hidden. Go to Filter->Other->and check Hidden Pets.

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » November 6th, 2015, 1:02 pm

@Gello Thanks for the explanation. :)

Ryu99

Post by Ryu99 » November 7th, 2015, 10:02 am

Hi Gello

I am enjoying using your addon alot as certainly brings some good functionality when trying to manage and level 700+ pets xD

I do have a query that with poking the options i couldn't find. With the new version of the addon it is anchored and directly replaces part of the pet journal which takes up a large portion of the screen. The older version had the pop up that came up which was much smaller and independent of the journal itself - does that popup exist within the newer version of the addon (using 4.0.7)?

Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Painbow » November 7th, 2015, 10:52 am

I just want to once again say thank you for Rematch. The only downside to its existence is that there's no competition -- it's just light years beyond any other team addon I can think of. Without any competition, though, there's far less incentive to keep pushing forward, but so far this author is consistently impressive.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 7th, 2015, 12:28 pm

Ryu99 wrote:Hi Gello

I am enjoying using your addon alot as certainly brings some good functionality when trying to manage and level 700+ pets xD

I do have a query that with poking the options i couldn't find. With the new version of the addon it is anchored and directly replaces part of the pet journal which takes up a large portion of the screen. The older version had the pop up that came up which was much smaller and independent of the journal itself - does that popup exist within the newer version of the addon (using 4.0.7)?
There is a standalone window yeah. You can access it a few ways:

- Bind a keybinding (esc->key bindings->addons->rematch->toggle window).
- With the /rematch macro command.
- With a minimap button (if you go under Miscellaneous Options and check Use Minimap Button)

If you want you can uncheck Rematch from the default journal and only use its standalone window. Or you can use both too.

There's a single panel mode to get it a little more like the old UI. You can turn it on with the "double window" button in the topleft of the standalone window, or in Standalone Window Options->Single Panel Mode. I'm working on an option that will make the standalone window much more like the old one with slimmer list entries and queue/pets within one tab. (But no resizing.) But it will be a few weeks still.
Painbow wrote:I just want to once again say thank you for Rematch. The only downside to its existence is that there's no competition -- it's just light years beyond any other team addon I can think of. Without any competition, though, there's far less incentive to keep pushing forward, but so far this author is consistently impressive.
Niggles: Pet Teams is a new addon some may like if they don't really need the queue and everything rematch has. It appears to have notes and saving teams per target too. It has a nice look/UI too.

I think in time there will be new options too, especially if they make some improvements to the API (some of the systems are really difficult/annoying to work around) and stop the petID reassignments that are a ticking time bomb to any unsuspecting authors.

My top three wishes for improving innovation in battle pet addons (aka things to make Gello's life easier):
- Somehow end the server petID reassignments. A disproportionate amount of data is kept/updated to handle this team-wiping event that happens to a handful of users maybe once a year, and some twice a month. If it only happened for someone moving to a new server that'd be fine. But this seems to happen to people who have been playing on the same server for a decade.
- Break out some events from PET_JOURNAL_LIST_UPDATE. There should be separate events when a pet gains a level (via xp or via stone), when a pet changes rarity, when a pet is learned, etc. All these major events share PET_JOURNAL_LIST_UPDATE with the ordinarily filtering of the journal.
- Make the journal indexable without regard to filters, like the new C_Mount journal is. To get all pets, an addon has to backup filters, wipe filters, grab pets, and restore filters. Which necessarily causes a new PET_JOURNAL_LIST_UPDATE. Which of course makes nearly all battle pet addons go into a flurry of activity to find out what happened. It's a mess.

But I will say the greatest source of innovation is you guys and everyone else who has ideas. As long as someone has new ideas, and someone has the ability to implement it, it will get done (as long as it's not insanely difficult).

Ryu99

Post by Ryu99 » November 8th, 2015, 7:02 am

Thankyou, that's what i was looking for :)

Gello

Post by Gello » November 12th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Today's update (4.0.8) is a minor one on the surface but it contains quite a lot of progress towards 4.1 if anyone wants to test it out:

If you paste this into chat it will toggle a setting and immediately /reload the UI:

/run RematchSettings.SlimListButtons=not RematchSettings.SlimListButtons ReloadUI()
If you want the original small font in this new (old?) style, this toggles the setting but doesn't require/do a /reload:

/run RematchSettings.SlimListSmallText=not RematchSettings.SlimListSmallText Rematch:UpdateUI()
It will make your lists look like the old Rematch lists:

Left: default lists
Middle: the first script to turn on this option (not sure what to call this setting yet)
Right: the second script to turn on the smaller text

It should be consistent across all modes: journal, standalone, standalone single-panel.

The other major component for 4.1 will be to get an option to combine the Pets and Queue tab together in the standalone window. It will list the queue along the right of pets with just with their icon/type/level in a narrow strip like 3.x.

While I'm here posting obnoxiously big screenshots, I'm noting more screenshots of single panel mode than multi-panel views, so many probably missed this: the Total Pets/Unique Pets little window in the topleft of the journal (and multi-panel standalone window) now shows a breakdown of your collection. I want to add a way to get to this in the single panel mode too. At the least a button to summon this window.

It may not be obvious in the screenshot but the title above the chart is a drop-down box where you can choose to view the distribution of your collection by various stats (total owned, unique owned, missing, max level pets, rares, etc) and the radio buttons at the bottom let you view the distribution by type or by pet source (drops, quests, etc).

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » November 12th, 2015, 8:59 pm

That's really neat, I like that! Now, maybe if we could get some pets types other than beast, fliers, and critters into our collections... It's pretty obscene how much of a difference exists in those numbers. <.<