Stormstruck Beaver, weather-dependent? (edit: nvm it's not)

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Neuropathy
Top Rater
Pet Score:6696
Realm:Ursin-us
Stormstruck Beaver, weather-dependent? (edit: nvm it's not)

Post by Neuropathy » June 23rd, 2016, 3:44 pm

Hello!

The other day as I was taxiing through Stormheim, it was raining really hard and I saw an elusive Stormstruck Beaver on my mini-map at the little lake north of Cullen's Post. I was able to land and run up there and capture it. That was before the great battle pet wipe of '16 when my account copy wiped out all my beta pets. Queue the sad violin music.

I'm now back at the same exact point, not raining, and there is a bucktooth flapper in it's spot. I'm going to hang out watching for a while to see if it starts raining. Wonder if I'd need to kill/beat the bucktooth to spawn the stormstruck?

If you have seen the Stormstruck Beaver, was it raining? Where did you catch yours?

:D

Update: So I decided to move a lvl 100 to the lake to wait while I send my 110 off to do something else. I currently have the 100 and 110 at the lake (didn't move 110 yet), same beta server. There are different weather conditions for each char and different battle pets nearby. What the heck? :o
Last edited by Neuropathy on June 23rd, 2016, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Stormstruck Beaver, weather-dependent?

Post by Quintessence » June 23rd, 2016, 5:19 pm

I found mine during Alpha, near a river in Stormheim. I think the weather was clear/during the day.

My guess is that the Stormstruck Beaver shares some spawn points with other wild pets.

If it's weather or time dependent, it should note that in the Pet Journal (similar to Baby Ape, Arctic Fox Kit, Stone Armadillo, etc.) Unless Blizzard's trying to be especially sneaky :lol:
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Neuropathy
Top Rater

Post by Neuropathy » June 23rd, 2016, 5:23 pm

Ok, thanks Quint! I'll go back to murdering these 2 Bucktooth Flappers and see if it will spawn, rain or shine! :lol:

Neuropathy
Top Rater

Post by Neuropathy » June 23rd, 2016, 5:37 pm

Update 13 minutes later, murder may be the key! Clear skies and my stormstruck spawned. Darn, I thought I was onto something with the rain! :lol: