Available pet challenges in Legion so far

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
Re: Available pet challenges in Legion so far

Post by Paladance » May 25th, 2016, 12:12 am

Well, maybe they've enabled them just to have the testers been able to check them before the release…

But then, why there's still that RNG thing? :P

Talk with a GM, yeah.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Aranesh
Pet Score:7380
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Aranesh » May 25th, 2016, 5:56 am

The Dalaran fights I could not interact with even when they were active the last time one was up. And for the open world ones it's tough because there's only 2-3 around, and they could be *anywhere*, without you knowing where to start looking, since they don't show up on the map below level 110 :(

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » May 25th, 2016, 1:05 pm

Any thoughts on today's Splint Jr. fight? I was afraid my summoned companion Anklerender will kill him when I walk past the rat without starting the fight... must be very early state or joke hmmm...

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » May 25th, 2016, 3:32 pm

Chromadon seems to be available today (1:30pm)

Give Sproutlings a chance! So far I can solo him with the Dalaran vendor Draemus' [pet]Autumnal Sproutling[/pet] ([ability]Lash[/ability], [ability]Leech Seed[/ability], [ability]Sons of the Root[/ability], avoid the 1st Howl/Surge combo with Sons of the Root, Lash until your pet's lost Hitpoints are worth the heal of Leech Seed, then Lash and use Leech Seed on cooldown until you can use Sons again for the next Surge round. (when using a level 23 leveling pet first it gains 224 XP right now)

offtopic, is there a spoiler tag in this forum to hide something like these pet/team ideas and strats for people who don't wanna see them?

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » May 26th, 2016, 2:56 am

I don't think there's a spoiler tag, but the whole part of the forum is called PTR / Beta, in my eyes that should be sufficient ^^

Splint I found very easy when I had the chance to fight him some weeks ago. Any combo of Beasts should be fine. Or maybe Chrominius with Bite, Howl, Surge of Power as a start, that should make it easy for any second pet to finish up.

XP-wise I found from my tests, that the fights behave like previously in Draenor / Pandarai. Actual master tamers (NPCs you interact with and they fight with 3 pets against you) give full XP while legendary pets (Splint Jr. etc) do not give noteworthy amounts of XP.

If I may ask, how did you get your pets in the beta? Did you go through the normal pet levelling "experience" to get a decent mix of pets to try around with?

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » May 26th, 2016, 3:22 am

Aranesh wrote:If I may ask, how did you get your pets in the beta? Did you go through the normal pet levelling "experience" to get a decent mix of pets to try around with?
I capture them and use both of the Dalaran vendors' stones to max them out, so I'm wasting a lot of time doing old content to increase the variety in my pet journal... I even think about starting with a garrison :( :? :roll: and I have no idea how to get a Chrominius because I can't enter BWL, the Spit Volleys of the flyers in the arena kill me when trying to solo UBRS an get past Blackhand (for the portal? is it still there?). Maybe I give it a try with level 110 again.

Yep, Splint Jr. also gives 224 XP for my level 23 pet like Chromadon.

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » May 26th, 2016, 3:48 am

Wait, the stones are back at the Dalaran vendor? So you can again level pets to 25 rare instantly?
Last time I checked the stones were gone from the vendors! Will have to check, that would make testing much easier again :D

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » May 26th, 2016, 5:20 am

Yes @perculia or @perksnpeeves mentioned it on twitter a few days ago ;) Free charms, free rare stones and 1 Gold for instant level 25

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » May 26th, 2016, 5:39 am

Today Stitches Jr. Jr. visits Dalaran, you can still repeat the fight on sub-lvl 110... with a 110 character you can't after a defeat because it's part of the world quests.

I don't see a difference to Stitches Jr. in the garrison (beside increased Hitpoints), so Stinker does the solo job again :roll: I'd really like to know what devs' intention is on some of the Dalaran fights I've seen so far (Splint, Stitches...)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 26th, 2016, 4:06 pm

Flohsakk wrote:I'd really like to know what devs' intention is on some of the Dalaran fights I've seen so far (Splint, Stitches...)
I don't think all of these fights are meant to be super difficult. This is content that will be available at launch, accessible to everyone, and we saw what happened when garrisons first dropped and the battles were deemed too difficult.

There are a few, I've found, that are tougher than other fights. Oh Ominitron, for example might give some battlers a bit of trouble.

I'm glad that there's a variety of difficulty with these World Quests. I only wish the rewards reflected the difficulty better. But random is random.

Plus we have other challenges to focus our attentions on: defeating Master Trainers with specific family-type teams. Not all of them will be extra hard, but at least we have optional challenges at the very launch of the expansion. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » May 26th, 2016, 5:08 pm

My apologies if it sounded like "omg Devs make them more difficult" it should'nt ... it was what I wrote, I'm interested, because I know what happened to Menagerie fights in Patch 6.1 and why and it was completely okay.

I personally know a lot of people who started pet battles around that patch because Blizzard made it accessible with the instant lvl 25 stones, much easier "Pets vs. Pest", overhauled Menagerie fights etc. And of course now they hope to get some of the people who watch the movie to play their game and again, accessibility is an important key even for this game in the game ;-)

Of course, for experienced pet battlers and collectors it's bit hard to find something like this attractive ;)

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » May 30th, 2016, 5:10 pm

Finally back to pet battle on beta servers by reaching level 110, so here is my youtube playlist with "fight impressions" of 3 pet battle world quests so far:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Qi_6tBc-iE

Paladance

Post by Paladance » May 31st, 2016, 12:21 am

Am I overlooking or do new pets have breeds? ;)
:shock: at that [ability]Decoy[/ability] sound. When you have been thinking that MPD can't be more annoying! :lol:
Noticed that if the Bodhi's team was smarter, it could perform the Clonedance? ;)

Nice pauldrons by the way.

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » May 31st, 2016, 10:11 am

Beachboy with no shirt has no brain! So nothing smart there :lol:

What new pets (breeds) are you talking about?

Paladance

Post by Paladance » May 31st, 2016, 10:33 am

That snail looks like it was H/B.

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » June 1st, 2016, 12:54 am

Thanks for sharing! You already made teams to bring level pets along, very nice ^^
I'm impressed by the variety of pets you gathered on beta!

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » June 1st, 2016, 1:24 pm

Aranesh wrote:Thanks for sharing! You already made teams to bring level pets along, very nice ^^
I'm impressed by the variety of pets you gathered on beta!
Hmm there is this small draenei girl fighting fire pets ;-) do you also see only 2 pet battle world quests today?

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » June 2nd, 2016, 1:26 am

Haha, so we ran into each other? :D
I was wondering as well, only 2 quests on that day. Perhaps it's 2 or 3, and not always three.
When testing around the forest fire battle I found it considerably harder than the last time it was active on alpha. Didn't manage to find a good 2-pet strategy so far, but with three critters or aquatic it's quite doable.

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » June 2nd, 2016, 5:26 am

Aranesh wrote:Didn't manage to find a good 2-pet strategy so far, but with three critters or aquatic it's quite doable.
@perksandpeeves tweeted it should be 3 per day, so I reported it .

I thought I was on a good way for the fiery team, finished the fight and then realized that Devouring Blaze's Armageddon killed my level pet in the backline, so maybe next time they are around :cry: :lol:

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » June 2nd, 2016, 5:41 am

Same here ^^
What was your attempt? I found plenty of good ways to kill the first pet Cackling Flame with 1 counterpet (for example a snail or frog), but the damage output of that Flame is just insane and my first pet usually survived with 50-100 HP.

The other 2 pets elementals are not that hard but I did not find a good enough counter to dismantle both of them with 1 pet unless I was lucky with crits.