How to import battle pets to PTR?

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
Re: How to import battle pets to PTR?

Post by Topaz » May 15th, 2015, 2:07 pm

I failed to find a solution for this so I caged a lot (A LOT!) of pets before copying. Sadly there is little to do since no one pvp and the legendary pets all have the same strategy.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 15th, 2015, 2:14 pm

Have you tried the "Copy Account Data" feature when logged into the PTR? The option is found in the same window as Copy Character. Rather than copying the toon, it should copy over saved variables like collections. Sometimes it glitches out and doesn't work 100% though.

Other than that, the only other work around is to cage some of your pets and copy that character over with them in his/her inventory.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » May 16th, 2015, 5:07 am

I think it's a problem all EU-Accounts have, Account Data Copy doesn't work (and it didn't for 6.1 PTR), so I did the same thing... cage everything you can (and don't put the cages into a guild bank -.-) and then start the char copy. :?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » May 16th, 2015, 6:56 am

It's not just EU accounts. Mine hasn't worked since the beginning of WoD Beta. Every PTR since it fails to copy over my account.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Ilostmahbucket
Pet Score:4118
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Ilostmahbucket » May 16th, 2015, 3:49 pm

Quintessence wrote:Have you tried the "Copy Account Data" feature when logged into the PTR? The option is found in the same window as Copy Character. Rather than copying the toon, it should copy over saved variables like collections. Sometimes it glitches out and doesn't work 100% though.

Other than that, the only other work around is to cage some of your pets and copy that character over with them in his/her inventory.
Account copy doesn't work, as others posted. Going with the cage all pets option!