What is most interesting looking flying pet?

A place to discuss anything and everything else.
Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us
What is most interesting looking flying pet?

Post by Logansfury » July 13th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Im looking for a pet that will follow my new flying mount (Invincible) around. Id like something that looks really striking and mean, to compliment the mount.

I think Infinite Whelpling would be a close color match, and Lil' Deathwing looks aggressive but im wondering what else might look cool.

Any ideas? :)

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Re: What is most interesting looking flying pet?

Post by Yazhi » July 15th, 2016, 5:08 pm

I always use my mini thor with invincible just like the combo because they were a pain in the butt to get xD

To be honest though I think Stormwing is a pretty sweet looking flying pet I was so happy to get that and still display it proudly quite a lot!

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » July 15th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Unfortunately I dont own minithor, but I do have Stormwing and have always thought it a beautiful pet.

However you have just triggered an epiphany!! Your words "pain in the butt to get" set off alarm bells in my head and clear as crystal its just now come to me:

UNBORN VAL'KYR!!!!!

Its perfect!! A pet that represents dedication to collection farming, and also from the same expansion and sharing the undead/revived theme of Invincible.

Thanks Azaelia :D

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » July 16th, 2016, 2:56 am

Congrats! :D

A late to the party, but still…

While not related to the same expansion, a [pet]Fragment of Suffering[/pet] has a matching colour scheme.
And how not to love [pet]Nightmare Bell[/pet] announcing that this legendary steed is approaching here?
On the other hand, an [pet]Eye of Observation[/pet] can let you recall investigating the Scarlet Crusade town (DK quests) in a higher quality!
If only you had [pet]Frosty[/pet]. :<

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » July 16th, 2016, 7:53 am

I think if I buy another CE edition for a pet I will definitely go Wrath for Frosty, that's been in the back of my mind for a while.

I had completely forgotten about the fragments, that sounds exciting already!

I had initially fired up Rematch and set pet filters to display only flying and dragonkin families when I looked for a flying companion. Silly move, I missed some great pets from magic and undead families!

These are great suggestions Paladance, im gonna log on and cycle thru these pets now.

Thank you :)

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » July 16th, 2016, 8:01 am

OK so the most crazy idea just came to me....

I'm heartbroken (melodramatic) over the need to replace my main-man Murkalot with a flyer if I want to retain a visible companion while on a flying mount.

Wouldnt it be amazing if some of the companion pets, like humanoids and bipedals, had their own little flying mounts that would spawn when you left the ground or summoned your own flying mount?

I just had an amazing mental picture of Murkalot suddenly spawning a flying fish beneath him and following me into the skies! (Of course I have to embellish everything so I also see his flail turning into a lance for the occasion!)

Pets and pet battling being just a small sub-game within WoW itself, you know none of this would ever happen, but could ya just imagine? :D

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » July 16th, 2016, 9:00 am

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter → Mobility → Air (flies) ^^

That's a nice idea! :D Sadly it can't be applied to all pets literally (wild beasts and critters, eh?), unless…
unless…
…a tailor could create a toy that makes your pets use a flying carpet for, let's say, 30 minutes! :D
There is already a leatherworking toy that creates a bed where your pet can climb on, so it wouldn't sound completely out of place. :)

Still, WTB a flying form of moonkins and ancients!

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » July 16th, 2016, 5:53 pm

I think pets would look really cool with a mount similar to the pandaren disc mount from the archaeology guys ^^

Or something like a tiny cloud that they are sitting on...the really fluffy cartoon style cloud, you could even have a leash to hold on to them.

Or even better! Why not have some pets actually JOIN you on your mount! I can imagine Mojo sitting on my invincibles head, or mr wiggles cuddled up next to you xD

Would be amazing....Blizz, I hope you're reading this