Banned for being accused of using bots/hacks, wtf

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us
Banned for being accused of using bots/hacks, wtf

Post by Kagalii » July 27th, 2013, 1:59 pm

So I've been playing on my current account since the end of BC. Never had even a several hour suspension before. My biggest "notice" ever was two name-changes (apparently some inappropriate names, nothing really offensive, but still forced to change). Today, try to log on, all of a sudden get error that said "License banned." I freak out of course because over so many years of playing I've never really had any actions taken against my account and I am MORE than 100% sure I have never used bots/hacks, only ever downloaded several popular addons from curse.com. I am at my wit's end at this point, I submitted a ticket through their website but I'm so scared that my account, which I spent so much time on, leveled and geared so many characters, earned gold, pets, mounts on is gone. I am sure I didn't get hacked because all my characters are still geared on the armory and my characters are all in the guild I was in before. Has anyone gone through this before?

What's even more unfair is how actual bots (you know those lowbies "glitching" through their air in Pandaria on windriders) are allowed to go on for months while a legitimate customer gets treated this way. Not even sure they gave me enough of a benefit of the doubt to actually look at my activity and determine that I have never used bots.

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Banned for being accused of using bots/hacks, wtf

Post by Adumbledore » July 28th, 2013, 3:20 pm

I think that since you're appealing the ban, they'll take a closer look at the account and see that you weren't breaking the ToS and reinstate your account.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/