Pet Score & Duplicates

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us
Pet Score & Duplicates

Post by Abashera » December 11th, 2014, 7:42 am

Apparently the site counts your duplicates toward your pet score. I though it only counted unique pets, but after getting rid of several duplicates, my pet score immediately went down a few points.

If this isn't supposed to work this way, I'm just letting you know.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Pet Score & Duplicates

Post by Jerebear » December 11th, 2014, 8:02 am

EDIT: Kpb321 corrected me on the process of pet selection below.
Last edited by Jerebear on December 11th, 2014, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Pet Score & Duplicates

Post by Kpb321 » December 11th, 2014, 11:43 am

No. They do pick one single pet and use it as your unique pet. It is possible if you had multiple of the same quality but released the higher level pet because it was a poorer breed that your score could drop. For example you have a lvl 23 b/b rat and a lvl 1 s/s rat. You drop the lvl 23 because it's a bad breed and your score could drop by a point because your "unique" pet level dropped from 23 to 1 so you've lost a couple pet levels.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/help/#petscore

How do you determine which pets are considered unique or duplicates?
Answer
Since pet quality (rarity) plays the biggest role in determining your score, the highest level of the highest quality pet (among duplicates) is considered your "unique" pet.

Unique pets are the ones factored into your pet stats and pet score. We prioritze pets by quality first, followed by level, and then by whether or not the pet was given a custom name:

Quality → Level → Name

For example, say you have three of the same pet: a level 23 Uncommom, a level 18 Rare and a level 21 Common named Bob. The level 18 Rare would be considered your "unique" pet because it is the one with the highest rarity (even though it also has the lowest level). This ensures you'll always get the maximum possible pet score.