Storm Peaks: 3+ hrs and not one Battle Pet sighted!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Birdiepoo
Top Rater
Pet Score:3595
Realm:Winterhoof-us
Re: Storm Peaks: 3+ hrs and not one Battle Pet sighted!

Post by Birdiepoo » April 18th, 2013, 4:51 pm

I have been flying through Storm Peaks for the last two days, and not one battle pet! Yesterday, I saw an arctic hare, but when I got close enough to it for the paw print to turn green, it hopped out of the zone. This morning, I had a lot more time, so I flew around for about an hour. At the same point as yesterday, near Dun Niffelem, I saw a highlands skunk. I tried approaching it from all sides (on the ground, not the air). When the paw print turned green, I clicked on it, and it scurried off into no man's land. I have not seen any other pets in the entire zone. Very frustrating!

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » April 21st, 2013, 10:24 pm

Phasing is an issue in Storm Peaks, i have seen that same bunny! I found a BP by the temple just south of Uldur. Somewhere like Hero's Rise or something. It was just a spider or rabbit, but it counted! I parked an alt in K-6 (or whatever, sigh, I need to do more LK content to remember this stuff again). I kept him on his flying mount staring into the field just north of Crystalsong Forest. Eventually saw snow and got my fox!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » April 23rd, 2013, 10:06 am

Storm Peaks is just bugged, I've yet to determine exactly what causes it but it's a phasing issue. It's the same on my toon who has done all of Storm Peaks and also the one which hasn't set foot there.

I forget the exact coordinates but there is a narrow strip of land near Niffelvar with mountains either side, if you are far away you can see various creatures fighting each other, but as soon as you get close they all phase to them all dead. The battle pets seem to be in the alive phase. I've found 2 spots there where a battle pet spawns right on the phase line, one requires flying down from the cliffs, the other is right near Niffelvar. Basically wait until the battle pet wanders near the line then run in and grab it. The window of time to do this before phasing kicks in is tiny though. I found it easier near Niffelvar.

The other alternative is just wait until it snows, which seems to force all battle pets out of phases.

Birdiepoo
Top Rater
Pet Score:3595
Realm:Winterhoof-us

Post by Birdiepoo » April 23rd, 2013, 4:10 pm

Thanks for the tips, I think I'm going to just park in K-3 and wait for the snow :)