Wild Pets by Zone (Northrend)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Modestypooh
Pet Score:11103
Realm:Khadgar-eu
Wild Pets by Zone (Northrend)

Post by Modestypooh » April 13th, 2012, 10:19 am

Other zones: [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=176]Eastern Kingdoms[/url], [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180]Kalimdor[/url], [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=231]Cataclysm Zones[/url], [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=261]Pandaria[/url], [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=206]Outland[/url]

Dragonblight
Dragonbone Hatchling

Grizzly Hills
Imperial Eagle Chick

Howling Fjord
Fjord Worg Pup

Borean Tundra
Oily Slimling

Sholozar Basin
Stunted Shardhorn - Around Nessingwary Base Camp, Dreadsaber's like to kill them, so kill Dreadsaber's first!

The Fjord Worg Pup, soooooo cute :D

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Wild Pets by Zone: Northrend

Post by Doobjanka » April 13th, 2012, 11:35 am

We'll just sticky and add to yours if that's okay.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Post by Guest » April 13th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Thanks for making the list. :D

Where did you find the Worg Pup? I had a fly through the Fjord when the patch came out and I couldn't find any.

Modestypooh

Post by Modestypooh » April 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm

I found them on the island Kamagua. Lot's of them arround.

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Nursie » April 14th, 2012, 9:10 am

Oil Slimling found at Scalding pools (in the area with the oil-stained creatures) in Borean Tundra.

Modestypooh

Post by Modestypooh » April 15th, 2012, 6:34 am

Evilgnomey wrote:Oil Slimling found at Scalding pools (in the area with the oil-stained creatures) in Borean Tundra.

Well spotted :)

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Northrend)

Post by Guest » April 17th, 2012, 9:30 pm

The Rainbow Trout in Grizzly Hills are MIA. The Bears are still fishing, but they aren't catching any fish! They are showing up in the Pet Journal, so hopefully Blizzard are getting them ready to be wild pets!

Dementron
Pet Score:9542
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Dementron » April 19th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Wamo wrote:The Rainbow Trout in Grizzly Hills are MIA. The Bears are still fishing, but they aren't catching any fish! They are showing up in the Pet Journal, so hopefully Blizzard are getting them ready to be wild pets!
I doubt Blizzard would give us any aquatic pets that weren't floating around in bubbles. Keep in mind, there are a lot of things in the journal that are temporary pets for quests or npcs. Still, I would love to see that. I have some great screenshots of my main and her trout from back when Critter Bites worked on them. It was awesome.

Post by Guest » April 19th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Dementron wrote:
Wamo wrote:The Rainbow Trout in Grizzly Hills are MIA. The Bears are still fishing, but they aren't catching any fish! They are showing up in the Pet Journal, so hopefully Blizzard are getting them ready to be wild pets!
I doubt Blizzard would give us any aquatic pets that weren't floating around in bubbles. Keep in mind, there are a lot of things in the journal that are temporary pets for quests or npcs. Still, I would love to see that. I have some great screenshots of my main and her trout from back when Critter Bites worked on them. It was awesome.
I'd love it if we could catch aquatic pets in the water, then when summoned on land they appear in bubbles.

Nursie

Post by Nursie » April 19th, 2012, 8:40 pm

Dementron wrote:
I wouldn't be so sure, look at pokemon... they have water pets in those games that can battle anywhere without being in water. Sure it seems illogical but it's just a game afterall :)

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » April 19th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Wamo wrote:
Dementron wrote:
I'd love it if we could catch aquatic pets in the water, then when summoned on land they appear in bubbles.

Well, the sea horse and puffer fish pets come bubbled. Why wouldn't other fully acquatic* pets?

*ones that would do their best Magikarp impression if they were brought out on solid land.

Post by Guest » April 25th, 2012, 1:50 am

Sholozar Basin-
Snake
Squirrel
Stunted Shardhorn (Baby Gray Rhino)

Storm Peaks-
Arctic Fox Kit

Zul'Drak
Water Waveling

Dragonblight-
Dragonbone Hatchling (Carrion Bird, like the Joust pets)

Icecrown-
Scourged Whelpling

Grizzly Hills-
Imperial Eagle Chick

Epison
Pet Score:3313
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Epison » April 25th, 2012, 6:14 pm

Only certain ones of these listed pets are actually tameable. One per zone is all I've found so far.

Stunted Shardhorn - Near Nesingwary's Camp in Sholazar Basin.

Oily Slimling - The Geyser Fields in Borean Tundra.

Dragonbone Hatchling - The Dragon Wastes in Dragonblight.

Acrtic Fox Kit - Storm Peaks on the Snowdrift Plains

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » April 25th, 2012, 9:55 pm

Where did you find the Zul'Drak, Sholozar, Icecrown and Stormpeaks ones?
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Post by Guest » April 25th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Doobjanka wrote:Where did you find the Zul'Drak, Sholozar, Icecrown and Stormpeaks ones?
Whelpling was near Sindragosa's fall. Rhino was in the west (where all the Rhino mobs hang out). Wavelings were with the big Water Eles, forgot exactly where though. I haven't seen the Fox yet.

Nursie

Post by Nursie » April 28th, 2012, 1:30 am

they have changed the Oily Slimling model in the last patch:

it's now a Yor'sahj blob :P

Duerma
Pet Score:6468
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Duerma » May 5th, 2012, 9:08 am

Not that exciting, but Icecrown has cockroaches you can battle.

Sholozar Basin has Biletoads.

Borean Tundra has Borean Marmots, Arctic Hares, and Shore Crabs. Oddly, they phase out when you get the Kvaldir mists effect.

Dragonblight has Arctic Hares.

I found my arctic fox kit in the middle of the minefield in the Storm Peaks. Made getting close enough to battle a bit of a trick. :lol: Storm Peaks also has Mountain Skunks.

Zuldrak has Snakes and Spiders. Water wavelings are at Drak Sotra, south of the Argent Stand.

Grizzly Hills also has Grizzly Squirrels and Mountain Skunks. The imperial eagle hatchlings seem to be all over.

Amatheiya
Top Rater
Pet Score:9494
Realm:Dethecus-us

Post by Amatheiya » July 25th, 2012, 1:55 pm

i've been finding Tundra Penguins while battling Oily Slimlings.