My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

Pet of the Month - Lil' Leftovers

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Liopleurodon
Site Admin

Pet Score: 3652
Realm: Turalyon-US

Pet of the Month - Lil' Leftovers

Postby Liopleurodon » November 22nd, 2016, 11:09 am

Be sure to check out this month's feature on Lil' Leftovers!

How Do You Use Your Lil' Leftovers?
For most serious tamers, Lil' Leftovers as a battler is just as squishy and sludgy as his model might indicate. However, I wouldn’t call it entirely useless.

Food Coma can be used effectively as a stall tactic. Coupled with Curse of Doom in particular, it can help turn the tide, and eke out enough turns to stay in the game. This goes double if your opponent has a DoT that Lil' Leftovers can rout with High Fiber, and keep healthy in between with Absorb.

Be wary of using Chew in between your Food Coma. Food Coma is a classic sleep effect. Like a Druid’s Hiberation, if you damage the sleep it breaks, and then the tank yells at you.

There’s a lot to love with Lil' Leftovers. The only issue is, with a game now so dependent on multipliers and debuffs, Leftovers doesn’t have a ton of synergy available to exploit. Much like its real life counterpart, there are just other options in the fridge that look a lot juicier.

The most similar pet to Lil' Leftovers would probably be Pierre, though it’s a tough sell to call them equivalent. Pierre has quite a bit more offense and synergy opportunities, plus better stats, making him likely the preferable call here. Honestly neither is going to see a ton of play outside very specific, niche opportunities. They’re also different families, so be wary of those interactions too.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Vakeetah
Top Rater

Pet Score: 4064
Realm: Dragonblight-EU

Re: Pet of the Month - Lil' Leftovers

Postby Vakeetah » November 23rd, 2016, 2:07 pm

Let's not forget that High Fiber removes status effects from the whole team, not just Lil' Leftovers (or Pierre for that matter!)

This makes it a valuable counter to Haunt teams (as that kills the enemy pet immediately), and also offers an interesting synergy with Dark Rebirth (by removing it's after-resurrection DoT effect) - although this one is super gimmicky, and unlikely to ever work in most gameplay situations.
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Paladance

Pet Score: 3771
Realm: Burning Legion-EU

Re: Pet of the Month - Lil' Leftovers

Postby Paladance » November 25th, 2016, 1:51 pm

A typo in "Hibernation". ;)

Not having levelled it myself, I hope I can just leave the link to the comic issue it came from, aswell as the reaction. :)

Seconding the High Fiber's team support.
http://hastebin.com/raw/ifaqipexuq

Return to Pet Battles