My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

Pet of the Month - Fjord Worg Pup

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Quintessence
Site Admin

Pet Score: 5156
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Pet of the Month - Fjord Worg Pup

Postby Quintessence » December 16th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Many thanks to Liopleurodon for writing the battling portion of our newest feature, Pet of the Month. Here are some additional points on the Fjord Worg Pup that she wanted to share!

How Do You Use Your Fjord Worg Pup?
As with most pets with Howl in their moveset, the Fjord Worg Pup's viability rests heavily on that ability. The combination with Dazzling Dance is really what makes this pet such a must-have. With some other Howl-ers, Howl is pretty much all they bring to the table. But that useful, long buff can add a lot of synergy to a team, especially for PVP, where having an edge in Speed can make or break a match.

As noted in the main post, that speed can make the difference with your first slot decision. Just remember in making that decision that Flurry and Bite use two different damage types too. That off-family damage gives the Worg Pup's moveset a bit of depth, and is a theoretical asset for PVE team building.

In either case, the Worg Pup tends to be an excellent pick when you need to cut down a troublesome, big Critter, like Lucky Yi or the other Critter-y Beasts of Fable. It also makes for a good combo for the Tiny Terrors of Tanaan, especially on the few where you might not want to use Chrominius. It does pretty well as a spot filler on most PVE teams where a beast would be welcome, too.

The reason the Worg Pup in particular nabs the spotlight this month, and not its more frostily-themed counterparts like the Arctic Fox Kit, is stats. The Fjord Worg Pup is the only pet with this specific moveset with a Power breed, which is really a shame, because I had so many fox-related puns ready to roll. Since we'll be using Dazzling Dance as a rule, its base speed is relatively unimportant, but its extra power to chomp holes in your enemy is a big plus. You can nab a few of the others at a higher level, particularly the Alpine Foxling over in Kun-Lai, which can help you beat trickier encounters in a hurry. For PVP you'll want to go the extra mile to farm that P/P Fjord Worg Pup.

Written by: Liopleurodon
Check out battlepetroundup.com or Blizzard Watch for more of Liopleurodon's Pet Battle strategies and pet analyses.
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

Kel

Pet Score: 4611
BattleTag®: TerribleTim#1747
Realm: Ravencrest-US

Re: Pet of the Month - Fjord Worg Pup

Postby Kel » December 16th, 2015, 7:16 pm

Hmm, I can't say I've ever battled with this guy. Which is funny because I have a P/P breed too. Maybe I better take another look at him. 8-)
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Return to Pet Battles