Sea Pony pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us
Re: Sea Pony pet

Post by GormanGhaste » January 8th, 2012, 8:16 pm

Harval wrote:Fortunately, the best DMF pet is the easiest to get.
Fixed that for you. :)
Mingyao on Madoran

Harval
MVP
Pet Score:4699
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harval » January 9th, 2012, 2:45 pm

Sorry, it's always going to be my belief high quality pets should be rarer than ones that aren't. I understand some people may have bad luck with it, but the vast majority can acquire this pet within the space of less than an hour on average. That's just not what I'd call rare.

Zaea
Top Rater
Pet Score:5266
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Zaea » January 14th, 2012, 12:56 am

As per the rumor about a higher drop rate when fishing for the pet while on that fishing quest:

I hadn't heard that at all on my server yet, and I wasn't on the quest when I pulled up my lil sea pony.

This definitely seems to be dropping at a higher rate than that stupid sewer rat. I think I must have done at least 1,000 casts for dumb rat lol. But since this seahorse is SO much cuter than that rat I was so happy that it dropped so much sooner than that rat.

P.S.
@Harval

I agree that this pet being able to be obtained in less than an hour shows that it is not rarealmost common actually

Phizzie123

Post by Phizzie123 » January 15th, 2012, 7:38 pm

I got mine second catch. Used a water walking elixir and stood over a shipwreck. I know others who got theirs pretty quick doing what I did.

Sugamonkey
Pet Score:1632
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Sugamonkey » February 11th, 2012, 11:31 pm

It took me about four hours total spread over two days. I was soooo excited when I finally got!

Pinkymac
Pet Score:1398
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Pinkymac » February 13th, 2012, 5:27 pm

This pet took me 5 or 6 hours to fish up, I was getting frustrated because there were so many people around me getting it in a few casts! But when I finally got it, I let out a squee of excitement over vent, my guildies all knew I finally got it! :D