Share pet collecting news and advice.
Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us
Zereth Mortis

Post by Uduwudu » February 21st, 2024, 8:51 pm

Hi,

(Updated)

Almost all the information is about WHEN you are in the zone ... I'm not there, and nowhere near it, and totally stuck, as no one seems to know anything, except point to articles that START ON CHAPTER 2 or 3. And it's weird, and nuts that no one seems to notice that ... and I do not have any quests about "Call of the Primus" ... going to Mal to double check.

(Updated)
Last edited by Uduwudu on February 25th, 2024, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Zereth Mortis

Post by Ranok » February 22nd, 2024, 1:48 pm

Have you completed the Shadowlands startup grind and joined a Covenant ? Been a while but I'm pretty sure that's one of the pre-reqs to move on to Zereth Mortis.

I do share your frustration with SL-related issues. Helping a friend I recently leveled a new alt up to level 50 -- no Chromie Time doing it -- and happily went to start Shadowlands. My main completed all the startup stuff years ago and the system knows it; my new alt was given the option to skip the Maw startup and jump right into SL. But she's stuck in Bastion having to do all the endless startup campaign again, which all my other alts were allowed to skip.

BTW, if you do get into ZM you'll find lots of wild pets to collect but be warned that the pet-crafting is a huge time sink. Made sense, sort of, while we were killing time till next Xpac launched but you may want to ignore that now.

Darkartist
MVP
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Darkartist » February 23rd, 2024, 9:13 am

Sadly, the SL skip we all enjoyed after completing the campaign for the first time. Threads of Fate, was taken away as an option for all characters entering Oribos. It can still be activated at lvl 60 (I think) by visiting an NPC in the area behind the innkeeper, one of the people we visit during the orientation, but only if you are at current expansion level.

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » February 23rd, 2024, 11:21 pm

Appreciate your reply Darkartist. Did indeed work when I checked with Fatescribe Roh-Tahl in Oribos at level 60, not only got Threads of Fate so I could get a Covenant but was also given the Zereth Mortis intro quest. Note that this was with an alt that had NOT skipped the Maw intro grind (I'd forgotten just how big a pain that thing was). Also it is indeed 60, had checked at 58 and no luck.

UPDATE: At 60 does work whether your alt skipped Maw intro or not.
Last edited by Ranok on February 25th, 2024, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » February 24th, 2024, 9:33 pm

Hi,

Finally got through ... but there are a couple of things to keep an eye on. Hope this helps!

1. Horde. There is a problem that you can't complete, since you have to go to Stormwind to the Cathedral, and the second you land, you GET DISCONNECTED.

1A. You HAVE to finish your Covenant campaign. You will need a ticket (probably more than one), if you are HORDE, and make sure that you write that it is not fix'able, and has been determined to be a problem. Hopefully he/she is smart enough to "complete" the quest.

2. GM's. Took 3 of them. The first two didn't even bother to read the details and comments and spoke out of turn (so to speak) about something they knew nothing about. The third one admitted that with a Horde character the "He Was My Student" could not be completed, and he resolved it by completing the quest, so I could continue, and finally got the Covenant finished, and got the Portal to work.

3. Getting there, it is Level 60 and (so far) easy. However, what you need is not quite right there, and I have not quite studied the information for this area yet.

4. If you do Battle Pets, you can pick some up. It says there are 22 Battle Pets in the whole thing, and I have gotten 9 of them ... so feeling better about it all ...

5. Have yet to find out what to do to be able to "craft" pets ... like the ones shown on the AH

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » February 27th, 2024, 11:17 am

https://www.wowhead.com/guide/protoform ... eth-mortis

This is how we started the pet and mount crafting in ZM back before Dragonflight launched. No idea if there's been significant changes since then. Hope it helps.

Darkartist
MVP
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Darkartist » February 27th, 2024, 2:46 pm

The biggest change I noticed was the relative ease/bordom with collecting materials. There is a raptor that you can spawn about as fast as you kill it for the Genesis Motes

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » February 29th, 2024, 12:11 pm

Ranok wrote:
February 27th, 2024, 11:17 am
https://www.wowhead.com/guide/protoform ... eth-mortis

This is how we started the pet and mount crafting in ZM back before Dragonflight launched. No idea if there's been significant changes since then. Hope it helps.
Hi,

Yep ... have not looked at it yet, but on the way to it. Just clearing up as many quests in the whole place as possible for now to get familiar with it.

BTW, this area was in the game before probably with a different name and I remember playing it ... it had some rolling metal balls that did some bad damage, which I have not seen yet, as an example. I can not remember how many years ago that was.